The online racing simulator
What you guys aren't realizing here is that although it may not look like it's realistic in THOSE videos, we don't know what the game settings were at that moment. The game will allow various levels of difficulty.
First thing you learn in life:

Never have faith in EA.
Quote from JJ72 :First thing you learn in life:

Never have faith in EA.

They do make some decent games though, they just make so many that the majority turn out to be pretty bad.
Quote from _celldweller :What you guys aren't realizing here is that although it may not look like it's realistic in THOSE videos, we don't know what the game settings were at that moment. The game will allow various levels of difficulty.

Contradicts the answer of a Shift-dev in a Gamespot interview to "never want to punish a player" - proper sim goes out the window right there...
Quote from bbman :Contradicts the answer of a Shift-dev in a Gamespot interview to "never want to punish a player" - proper sim goes out the window right there...

They've said specifically that the full sim mode will be very hard to play with a controller, you'll almost need a wheel.
http://www.nfsunlimited.net/article/shift_at_gamescom

Certainly is an interesting article. To tell you guys the truth, I have been looking between GT5 and Shift for some time trying to think which one I want for Christmas. I have decided on Shift for a few reasons:

1. The part with damage not being on all cars really killed GT5 for me. That was going to be a deal breaker for me.

2. But more importantly is the next part. I have a game for every 'kind' of racing.
A. Complete Sim: Live for Speed
B. Partly Sim: Shift (when it comes out)
C. Arcade: Midnight Club:LA
D. Extreme Arcade: Burnout Paradise

See, with these four games, my racing needs are set! I have any type of racer that I need and want to play at some point.

Thanks,
Shashdev
what about other fun games like hard-truck 2, or nascar racing 2003 season, that arent quite the same as any of those games
Quote from logitekg25 :what about other fun games like hard-truck 2, or nascar racing 2003 season, that arent quite the same as any of those games

Eh, never heard of hard-truck 2 (btw, if it is one of those off-roaders, never interested me). And I would love to try nascar racing 2003 (nascar fan myself, go j. gordon!), but I don't have any means of getting it. If you have a way to get it (hopefully without torrents), I would love to know. I can't order online though because my parents are online.

Thanks,
Shashdev
nr2003 is an extremely fun (even though i do not really like nascar) game to play, and it is realistic. it has many many tracks and not just ovals. it is only available for pc i think, but not sure, you can check for a demo for download, but good luck.

hard truck 2 is arcade-ish, but it feels pretty realistic to me it has 18-wheelers and box trucks and a few made up trucks and you deliver roads with cops, time, opponents, and damage as obstacles. it is an extremely fun game, look up reviews if you get a chance

hard-truck 2 is available off amazon for about 2 bucks with about a weeks shipping, so it is a cheap fun play
why does the interior blurs at high speed?
Because it looks cooler?
No idea actually, I don't know how it would look in real life, if you whole veiw would get screwed over by the tunnel vission, or if it's just outside the car / out of the window that get's blurred.
Think it's actually fair tho, if the people with other camera angles gets blur, it would be a advantage I think to not have blur for the ones that uses cockpit.
TVE you have been drinking i suppose as the things you are saying are complete nonsense. lol

It's just hidious that the interior blurs.
Aww, what? I am not drinking today, and it's not completely nonsence you know, at least not how I look at it
I guess it's just because it looks cooler, and give a bigger feeling of speed. If it's that bad you can allways turn off blur, either in game (if it's possible) or by .ini (dokument) editing (if .ini are the files they use for that purpose, again have no idea). At least the earlier games from codemaster had various dokument files (or files you could open with notepad at least) that would let you turn of things as bloom and blur.
Quote from MadCat360 :They've said specifically that the full sim mode will be very hard to play with a controller, you'll almost need a wheel.

Almost you should need one it should be unplayable not almost.

And interior blur at high speed is not cool its weird
Quote from JJ72 :why does the interior blurs at high speed?

An EA Games spokesman said it's because you shouldn't see the cockpit while racing at high speeds: you should be looking at the track, with all your attention focused at it, and said "this is how real drivers drive". Thus, your cockpit (AND MIRRORS!) are always blurred when you're at high speeds.

That's also why I configured ENBSeries to blur the whole cockpit in LFS on the video I made.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Almost you should need one it should be unplayable not almost.

There are plenty of people that drive just fine in all the "realistic" sims with control pads.

2 Videos of PC version with no aids, good driver and a G25 with 360D+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTX-OfgfSlU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OSVH1xBM4Q

Looks good. Like Forza. 1:24 or so lap time from Laguna in the MC12 with a couple mistakes, so somewhat realistic lap times at least, assuming that car is up to GT1 spec.
Quote from Velociround :
That's also why I configured ENBSeries to blur the whole cockpit in LFS on the video I made.

can i get a link?
Quote from chavm481 :can i get a link?

It was a very messed up version with plenty of blur, lots of depth of field and motion blurring effects to simulate NFS Shift... I made it only for that video, sorry but I don't think I'll release it. I will, however, release another version for LFS (not messed up) sometime soon.

Until then, you can download the old version that's on my signature.
The blur effect looks good, but makes my head hurt when playing LFS. I have no idea why but I get really strong head pains after playing 20 minutes or more with ENB series overlay in LFS. Also it's too dark where it's meant to be dark, and too bright where it's meant to be light.. but again, it looks better than the original, just bad I canot use it due to the head pain I get
Quote from MadCat360 :*Da Videos*

That does look pretty good.

So should I expect it to be a sim and be disappointed? Or expect it to be arcade to be surprised?

will there be some good arcade elements like a storyline or something?
Quote from JJ72 :That does look pretty good.

So should I expect it to be a sim and be disappointed? Or expect it to be arcade to be surprised?

Id go for that one
NFS SH*T......i think this will be another epic fail just like PRO SH*T.....they should've stuck on street racing not trying to be forza or GT....what a POS
Quote from jvcala2 :NFS SH*T......i think this will be another epic fail just like PRO SH*T.....they should've stuck on street racing not trying to be forza or GT....what a POS

:doh: ...

And, what makes you think that it will be a "POS epic fail!!!11!" ?

The fact that you wont be able to stick neons on your skyline?
The fact that it will be like REAL racing?

ProStreet was my favourite NFS, because it was more realistic and had realistic customization.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... kbfc8&feature=related

Demo out at end of the summer?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG