The online racing simulator
No racing simulator can be worse than GRiD. For the love of god, never think otherwise. :hide:
lol... gran turismo doesnt have all the Special efects and therefore doesnt look as good as it is.
GT5 looks much better than this, IMO. This looks over-rendered and generated, where as GT5 looks real and much 'cleaner'.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :No racing simulator can be worse than GRiD. For the love of god, never think otherwise. :hide:

you just put racing simulator and GRiD in the same sentence...
Grid was shit, seriously, I remember driving on the lemans track for, well 410+ kmh, then brake down to 100 kmh on less than a second. After withness that I did alt+4 and opened redtube instead.
Went straight to the "male on male" section, eh Tor?
Your the biggest cock I know off S14, seriously lol

But point was that I almost somewhat got depressed by playing Grid, it was absolute SHIT, on every aspect. I forced off bloom in the game by editing the game files with notepad, and the graphics were o.k but everything else shit. The fastest way was to go full trottle no matter what into a corner, then tap handbrake fast one time, and you were safe, completely bullshit.

I still live in the dream that it all will step back to it roots, I mean, who, with their hand on their heart, canot say they didn't enjoy NFS2? The tracks were mentall, the cars were mentall, the physics, well, for their time they rocked lol, but it was a challenge to race. You were also able tp spin other cars by taking your front hard into their back, somewhat realistic. And you had to BRAKE in the turns aswell..

Grid resembles everything bad in LFS serie, and focus around it.
Hope the new one gets back to it's roots.
I tried GRiD without any of the driving aids and it's like driving on ICE seriously.

I know, let's take this corner at 150mph, flat out in a Koenigsegg. Only decent mode in that game was the destruction derby thing where you can jump into other cars mid air.
Note that EA is also releasing NFS World Online, so this means that NFS Shift can be more realistic. NFS Shift will only be implemented on two high end consoles and the PC, and the promise is that it won't be ported but co-developed on the different platforms.

In terms of realism, EA has huge resources, both people (something like 20 ex-GTR guys in addition to the existing EA staff), and budget, to make a realistic sim if they want to. The current story is that they'll make a new physics engine for Shift. In the Marc DeVellis interview regarding Undercover, it was mentioned that there are over 400 parameters in the car physics model, and this for an arcade game. With these type of resources, the game could turn out to be very good.
^ i agree.
Quote from chavm481 :^ i agree.

^ lol

please stop using ^

and yes this game will be NFS that looks like GRiD with GRiD physics, so it will SUCK..............balls
I would love a detailed describtion with picture on how the hell you can "suck balls", because I don't get that lol.

Back topic, I really hope this game surprises me, to the positive direction.
Google "Teabagging" with the adult content filter off. It will become pretty clear.
Do not want.

Edit : Oh for crying out loud, jesus sake!
Like it?
also look at that porsche, the backfire come out of the diffuser instead of the exhausts that are a little higher
you may have seen them but there are a few more pics at gamespot
They have released a beta of NFS world in tiwan.
I came in the thread late...sooo....

Anyone notice that the Shift and Ferrari Challenge screens look similar, e.g. same arm textures and carbon textures? I know somebody raised it elsewhere in the thread, but it makes me wonder if I'm looking at two games powered by the same engine.

GRID was nowhere NEAR a simulation, even wth the sim physics. Name me one racetrack where you can go from 190, hit the handbrake, and drift round a corner every time...? Exactly!

IMHO the last good NFS was Porsche Unleashed/Challenge, followed by NFS2 SE.

Why? Because.....simply put, NFS caters to the arcade masses. I'm not saying this as a die-hard LFS player, but simply because the surest way to win sales is to make the cars do unrealistic things. For instance, young kids grow up playing NFS, think their Golf/Saxo/Corsa/whatever can do unrealistic things. Also it has been blamed (along with GTA), for street racing deaths in Aus and NZ in the past few years.
thats what we need, nfs hotpursuit 2 in high def + better stuff.
I just hope they don't make a mess of it. They usually over-hype a game so much that they forget to work on the game itself and concentrate on making making the press jump up and down by over-promoting (diddleeee and dooodaaaa physics engine). EA just get into a corner, be serious and work like hell to make a descent game.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Anyone notice that the Shift and Ferrari Challenge screens look similar, e.g. same arm textures and carbon textures? I know somebody raised it elsewhere in the thread, but it makes me wonder if I'm looking at two games powered by the same engine.

People have been talking about a Ferrari game... but you mean Ferrari Challenge by System 3, released last year? It has nothing to do with the untitled Ferrari game that BlimeyGames (previously 50% of SimBin, and now Slightly Mad Studios) was developing.

I don't know about the textures though. Maybe if both textures are from the real car and created with similar methods, then it's not surprising if they look similar...

That untitled Ferrari game obviously was/is using the same engine than NFS Shift. Now there are some legal issues with that game since 10Tacle publisher is no more (that is why BlimeyGames became Slightly Mad Studios and saved itself from closing down).

4 new screens: http://www.virtualr.net/need-f ... ift-four-new-screenshots/
Quote from chavm481 :thats what we need, nfs hotpursuit 2 in high def + better stuff.

No. No no no no no. And no.
I started playing NFS with Hot Pursuit (and I loved it). Then High Stakes/Road Challenge came out, I bought it and I loved it. Then it was the time of Porsche Unleashed/Porsche 2000: I loved it.

Hot Pursuit 2 was just a delusion. So was Underground. Underground 2 wasn't so bad, but the ricey stuff... Then I didn't bother with the others: I bought Most Wanted, and I sold it. I tried all the new ones, and could live without them.

So, a new NFS I/II/III/IV/V with better physics: I'd love that.
Everything as useless as the other NFS: no, thanks.
something with different consequences every time.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG