The online racing simulator
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Hey guys! The debut trailer for CoD:MW 2 was released today, check it out, looks really good.

If you have a YouTube account subscribe, rate and comment!

Thanks.

Can't see shit... I mean, black background and that green wave in the middle of the screen... WTF??
Watch in HD. It's a debut trailer to make you interested and wanting to know what is really happening.
another epic fail. Yay.

call of duty - supposed to be medal of honor except a good version.... either way, they all got owned by Wolfenstein enemy territory ( a bit dated but still whoops any fps you can name, free also )
It's a teaser, not a trailer

I saw it earlier this morning (without sound though). It shows practically nothing, but there is a brief glimpse of 2 helicopters. I'm wondering if that's a campaign or multiplayer shot. And if it's multiplayer, are there vehicles or is it a multi-kill reward?

Still a few months until launch though, so plenty of time for them to start leaking us actual game info. I'm still hoping for destructible environments - that'll stop those pesky sniper cowards
Too soon.

COD4 was a fantastic game, and the only COD game besides the first one that had my full attention (and I still play multiplayer regularly)

Then COD5 came along, in which Treyarch basically decided to try and regurgitate the brilliance of COD4, but with some added WW2 cash-cow milking and going back from the realism and gritty nature of COD4 to glorifying the second world war for the latest generation of kids that will have no sense of the horror their grandparents (or great grandparents) went through.

Now COD is back in the far more capable hands of Infinity Ward, but the series just doesn't appeal to me anymore when they start releasing a new 'version' every year. I would rather see one great, fresh COD per generation (4-5 years) than a whole bunch of titles with slowly degenerating quality.
The problem seems to largely be Treyarch. And with the way CoD4 sold you can hardly blame IW for wanting to cash in. If you look at reviews and opinions on the CoD franchise you'll find massive dips in popularity whenever they've handed off to the 3rd party developer. CoD5 is popular but mainly for the co-op and zombie modes, not because of the really well balanced multiplayer.

But you realise it'll have been 3 years since CoD4 came out by November, right? That's a perfectly reasonable timescale to release a sequel.
I hope COD6 is good, but i wasnt much of a fan of COD4, so im gonna end up staying with Cod2
Quote from Dajmin :But you realise it'll have been 3 years since CoD4 came out by November, right? That's a perfectly reasonable timescale to release a sequel.

Yes, I realise this and agree that the timeframe from one infinity-ward game to another is alright. It's just a bit of a bother because COD5 was so similar to COD4 in terms of gameplay, so it just feels like they're endlessly pumping out COD games every year now.

My solution is to have Activision denounce COD5 as part of the series
I already did. I don't like WW2 games at the best of times so I was only really grabbed by the series once it moved away. I felt the move back was a waste of time and that it was more like a CoD4 mod than a complete game. And don't even get me started on the inclusion of the zombie mode.

But the fact that the franchise name is churning out sequels only really becomes an issue if you feel the need to buy them all. I didn't like the CoD5 beta so didn't get it. That means it's been 3 years since the last "proper" CoD game so I'm stoked
It's been two years.

Anyway, more CoD is always good news for me. I've enjoyed CoD4 and 5, and as long as they freshen it up a bit but still keep the same multiplayer that I've enjoyed over the last two years, I'm all for it.
From the teaser it looks like there is a lot going on with planes and airport, perhaps Mile High Club in COD4 was a bit of foreshadowing?
So from that teaser it looks like its going to be about Russian Terrorists? Me thinks its going to turn out alot like Vegas (1/2) if it is....
Infinity Ward will make this a winner, not like the rubbish Treyarch made World at War.
Dunno how some of you find any realism in the COD4. The campaign was really crap and unrealistic. Basically the combat was always the same. Stand in middle of the "pipeish" map and shoot tons of enemies walking towards you.

COD5 was better because it featured the coop mode, I played it thru in one night with my friend and then uninstalled the game. But it was as unrealistic as the 4 was, it just featured a more interesting era of war, the ww2. For me at least.

But yes, I still hope the sixth will be good. But that teaser is just useless.
I'm not all that bothered whether it's realistic or not. I used to buy games for a realistic campaign mode but now it's mostly just for fun and intense multiplayer experience. I'd say that CoD4 was more intense, but 5 was more fun, I guess. The only slightly realistic thing about those games was the hardcore mode, but really you can't treat these games as 'fighting sims' because you can't control your body and guns in real life with a mouse.
I thought that was a waste of time to me.
I cant wait for this, looks good and as long as they keep the same multiplayer system i will be extremely delighted. I loved COD4 much more than COD5. Infinity Ward are much better than the other ones. So hopefully this one will be great.
Yes, now i have to decide for which thing i will buy it. PC or PS3
Quote from BigPeBe :But it was as unrealistic as the 4 was, it just featured a more interesting era of war, the ww2. For me at least.

Yes, but so did COD1, COD2 and COD3, and 90% of every other shooter made between 2000 and 2007, I feel like Modern Warfare was a step into the right direction, finally leaving behind almost a decade of first-person shooters which were nearly exclusively set in a WW2 setting, and then Treyarch comes along and dumps it right back into old habits.

Anyway, I hope Modern Warfare 2 offers the same increase in gameplay quality as the first one did. The next logical step up from bullet penetration is the crumbling down of walls under heavy machine-gun fire, but maybe that's too much wishful thinking
Not this crap again. Unless it's a Rogue Spear remake, colour me unimpressed.
Quote from theirishnoob :another epic fail. Yay.

call of duty - supposed to be medal of honor except a good version.... either way, they all got owned by Wolfenstein enemy territory ( a bit dated but still whoops any fps you can name, free also )

I think that COD4MW was the best call of duty since COD2, and even that was the only other really decent one..

I'll seriously be looking forward to it.

Frankly, I'm bored of the WW2 ones. There have been so many war based FPS games that I'm sick, frankly. Hopefully, COD:MW2 will introduce some of the other 'modern', such as in Vietnam and The Afghanistan war. COD4 had brilliant features and the newer technology really made a change. I also liked the characters and the storyline.. so I'm hoping for more of the same. How can anyone have found the campaign in COD4 rubbish. I've played through it some 4 or 5 times now and I still enjoy it.
If it's basically COD4 with new maps, I'd imagine they'd lose a lot of support. I'm willing to give another chance after the bucket of failure that was WaW, but I'm hoping to be rewarded

BTW, buy the PS3/360 version. Much better fun. You can always...acquire the PC version afterwards to look at nicer graphics during SP
Well, they're still getting request of people to see what they want...
Quote from dougie-lampkin :BTW, buy the PS3/360 version. Much better fun. You can always...acquire the PC version afterwards to look at nicer graphics during SP

Inferior controls are fun? I've played some COD4 on the PS3 and it nearly brought me to tears

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
(889 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG