im hoping for good things, but i got a feeling its just gonna be like cod4/5

I do hope theres base assault like there was in COD:UO, that was awesome
i hope they perm ban anyone below 16 from playing it... sure 70% of the userbase goes, but the games more fun then.
Wow,looks very nice.Going to pre-order it.
One thing thats gonna let this game down hugely is the pricing, £44.99 off the internet (non collectors edition) and £54.99 off the shelf again for the normal version.
Yarr harr diddly dee.... 'tis alright for me! :rolleyes:
I much prefer Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat. Its a mod for Source, and it captures combat alot better than any of the CoD games, it's MP only though.

I played both CoD4 and World at War, neither of them where to my taste.

I liked the Hardcore game mode in CoD4 though, it was fairly realistic, one bullet kills you and such. But Insurgency does that alot better. And since Insurgency is only on PC you don't get alot of the Xbox kiddies with high gamer scores yelling at you when you kill them with a pistol.

This is the best way to describe how awsome Insurgency can be.

I played Insurgency with a group of actual soldiers a fue times, the tactics involved when these guys get into it is amazing. We where pinned down beside a gas station in baghdad, My commander told me to keep my head down and then he leaned out to check around the corner. He stepped out and we followed right accross the front windows of the store, with the gas pumps infront of us.

Suddenly a bullet whized past my head and took out the window, my commander got shot in the head and shoulder, and I went prone. I poped my head up in a crouched possition to see what was going on and an insurgent with an RPG7 took aim, I ducked and it went right over my head and into the window. The explosion shook everything and sent some random garbage items flying everywhere.

A fire fight broke out that lasted at least a fue minuts, I burned through six mags of ammunition just trying to keep the enemy's heads down. Since it doesn't tell you when you kill someone I don't actualy know how many I killed. I was stuck behind the front of a car untill reinforcements came and we where able to push them back.

That was one of the best experiances I have ever had in gaming.
I loved the COD4 Missons, that was great ones! It was so fun i did it three times in a row, and normally i dont do that on other games.
I hope COD6(?) will be as COD4 (Cooler missons)
Edit: I also hope the new COD6 maps will be more open and not a bed randomly in the stairs so you cant get up
Quote from DragonCommando :I much prefer Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat. Its a mod for Source, and it captures combat alot better than any of the CoD games, it's MP only though.

This is the best way to describe how awsome Insurgency can be.

I played Insurgency with a group of actual soldiers a fue times, the tactics involved when these guys get into it is amazing. We where pinned down beside a gas station in baghdad, My commander told me to keep my head down and then he leaned out to check around the corner. He stepped out and we followed right accross the front windows of the store, with the gas pumps infront of us.

Suddenly a bullet whized past my head and took out the window, my commander got shot in the head and shoulder, and I went prone. I poped my head up in a crouched possition to see what was going on and an insurgent with an RPG7 took aim, I ducked and it went right over my head and into the window. The explosion shook everything and sent some random garbage items flying everywhere.

A fire fight broke out that lasted at least a fue minuts, I burned through six mags of ammunition just trying to keep the enemy's heads down. Since it doesn't tell you when you kill someone I don't actualy know how many I killed. I was stuck behind the front of a car untill reinforcements came and we where able to push them back.

That was one of the best experiances I have ever had in gaming.

How do i get this game?

Do i need to buy HL2 or CSS?
Oh great, thanks Niko!
Quote from LFSn00b :www.steampowered.com

download Steam if you dont have it - install + create acc.

Search for "insurgency" in Store - it's free, shouldnt require any extra games. Maybe Source SDK Base but that's free.

it needs CSS/HL2/HL-DM/TF2/Portal/L4D/DOD:source to run it. Sounds freakin awesome, im getting more mods for sure
I am downloading the HL2 deathmatch free game now, i think that will do it right?
Quote from LFSn00b :Insurgency doesn't need any games to be installed to run at all apart from SDK Base, so you are wrong. I even tested this with a new steam install.

DOD:S is nowhere near CS:S tbh, because DOD is far more tactic-based checkpoint capture game whereas in CS you just step in and start shooting enemies.

DOD:S has also recoil and fatique which CS doesnt have.

Same Engine to run it = Different version of same game IMO But everyone can have own opinies
Quote from LFSn00b :Insurgency doesn't need any games to be installed to run at all apart from SDK Base, so you are wrong. I even tested this with a new steam install.

DOD:S is nowhere near CS:S tbh, because DOD is far more tactic-based checkpoint capture game whereas in CS you just step in and start shooting enemies.

DOD:S has also recoil and fatique which CS doesnt have.

You actually called DoD tactical? Blasphemy. Try Red Orchestra, also available through steam.

On a sidenote, that game has a very strong finnish community. And it's miles ahead of insurgency, if you don't mind the scenario: ww2, strictly limited to the eastern front (allthough there are mods which add the african and normandy theatre)
I'm spoiled by the heavy and realistic moving/shooting in Killzone 2, so i don't think i'll be getting this. Maybe just for the single player, but for online play, Killzone 2 is my game of choice..

It seems that i cannot download it at all, i do need an SDK game.
I did download the HL2 Deathmatch but it still doesn't work. :\
Quote from G!NhO :It seems that i cannot download it at all, i do need an SDK game.
I did download the HL2 Deathmatch but it still doesn't work. :\

Buy CSS. only 20€, not much at all
Can i buy online?
Is it downloadeble or will they send it to me?
Quote from G!NhO :Is it downloadeble or will they send it to me?

You buy, then you can download it
You can buy Half life 2 in a local store near you for 15 euros, Ginho.
I think ill but CSS with garry's mod tonight
Whats wrong?
I do have HL2: Deathmatch and i have downloaded Insurgency but i get this message.
Attached images
lol wut.JPG
Quote from G!NhO :Whats wrong?
I do have HL2: Deathmatch and i have downloaded Insurgency but i get this message.

You need Source SDK.

You can only get Source SDK if you buy one of those Source games.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
(889 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG