The online racing simulator
Quote from JackDaMaster :Just discovered my new favourite gun - Tar-21 Silenced. That thing is a BEAST

I recently swapped mine for the M16 silenced, but before that I was using the Tar with heartbeat and silencer. With cold blooded pro and ninja pro on it's an awesome gun. I found it was a bit too rubbish at long range though, hence switching to the M16. But my favourite tactic is used on search and destroy, basically you keep tapping the switch weapons button while prone near the bomb, let the enemy arm it, crawl up behind them and then disarm it the moment it's planted. Unless you play against people who use the tactic or know about it already most people won't spot you and you get an instant ninja defuse.
Screw silencers, TAR + red dot w/ Stopping Power is where it's at. Just got my Blue Tiger camo for it, and have nearly 700 kills with it... all in this level of prestige. And I'm only level 40.

However, I just unlocked the M16 and, well... I think the TAR might be taking a back seat. 15 kills with it in the first match I used it in (for me, 15 kills is pretty damn good), and three matches later I went 28-7* on Afghan with it

(*care packages ftw - the Harrier Airstrike I got in one ripped people apart, and I had a triple kill with my Predator; I use a 3-4-5 KS setup as I'm not good enough to get anything higher than those lol)
Quote from gtpsharky :Screw silencers, TAR + red dot w/ Stopping Power is where it's at. Just got my Blue Tiger camo for it, and have nearly 700 kills with it... all in this level of prestige. And I'm only level 40.

However, I just unlocked the M16 and, well... I think the TAR might be taking a back seat. 15 kills with it in the first match I used it in (for me, 15 kills is pretty damn good), and three matches later I went 28-7* on Afghan with it

(*care packages ftw - the Harrier Airstrike I got in one ripped people apart, and I had a triple kill with my Predator; I use a 3-4-5 KS setup as I'm not good enough to get anything higher than those lol)

lvl 30 91 headshots with intervention and no boosting!! 4 more headshots till my 250 title

beat that xD
You're using a sniper rifle, that's cheating
hows that :O snipers are hard to use.
LOL You think they're hard to use in CoD? Try battlefield lol, judging gravity's effect on the bullet etc.
Quote from J03130 :hows that :O snipers are hard to use.

Go slap a red dot sight on a TAR-21 and say that again.
Snipers aren't that hard to use, I have red tiger camo and mastery of my Intervention without boosting.

The silencer on the Tar gives it much less recoil (as does the holo sight iirc) so yeah
anyone up for some MW2 party on PC atm?

my favourite gun so far is still the Intervention
Quote from gtpsharky :Go slap a red dot sight on a TAR-21 and say that again.

i have and its easy. mars sight sux but theres hardly no recoil lol i like snipers cos i dont run and gun i use tactics want get BC2 but dunno if i can run it properly.

Quote from nikopdr :anyone up for some MW2 party on PC atm?

my favourite gun so far is still the Intervention

whats your steam?
My record atm is 68 kills-20deaths, Domination, the other team were stupid, got 2 chopper gunners, and 2 pavelows in care packages = wargasm
Quote from J03130 :whats your steam?

my steamname is nikopuntola, feel free to add me
Just wanted to share this video with you guys...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMkOlGiEgcg

...it's a dual commentary done by some friends of mine. It's got a casual style, and I don't think it's too bad for a first attempt. I designed the template for them, based on someone elses layout. Anyway, check it out and let them know what you think by rating and leaving comments.
Quote from gtpsharky :SeaNanners?

Yep, david who made the video wanted something with a similar layout, showing the stats and all that other stuff like guns and perks etc.
Mini-Uzi
Akimbo G18s
Marathon
Lightweight
Ninja or Steady Aim

This kit is epic lulz. At close range, the G18 akimbos are ridiculous, and the Mini-Uzi - no slouch at CQ itself - is more than decent at long(er) range if you pulse the trigger. Really really fun class to use, it's like a knifing class without the knife. LOL
h8 getting killed by the g18s to me they class anyone as a instant noob....sorry.
The rushing classes are too powerful, some of the sub machine guns are stupidly powerful. I don't like it when a silenced M16 can fire 2 bursts into someones legs/chest and not kill them, but an MP5 can fire one burst into my chest and kill me instantly. Infinity Ward should pay attention to the type of ammunition the guns use, MP5's would be useless at range or against someone wearing body armour.

Anyway, rant over, here is the new episode of "Knife This", it's my favourite so far, probably because I came up with most of the throws.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw1RTRUENhs
The UMP45 is easily the most overpowered SMG. The ACR is too accurate, the SCAR is too powerful, the FAMAS and M16 are too accurate and powerful... The range on the spas-12 is silly (granted this is to make up for the fact that its pump action).... this list goes on :P

edit: forgot to say that the lack of idle sway on the ARs, SMGs and LMGs basically makes every gun in the game overpowered.
Maybe thats how the guns are in real life (which i highly doubt), in real life it's not fair either and there are differences between the guns...
Quote from G!NhO :Maybe thats how the guns are in real life (which i highly doubt), in real life it's not fair either and there are differences between the guns...

All the guns in the game are supposed to be balanced against each other in different ways (for example a gun with high damage might have its accuracy or range nerfed). You can't honestly say that a sniper rifle that will hit marker in the arm (and has slight idle sway when your breath is held) is balanced against the ACR which is exactly accurate over what's basically infinite range.
Where does it say that they are supposed to be balanced?
Quote from G!NhO :Where does it say that they are supposed to be balanced?

It makes sense, everything needs to be balanced otherwise everyone will pick the same weapons. The main change they need to make is to force noobtubers to lose a perk slot, and make sure they lose scavenger and one man army, because at the moment the just act like artillery, not even the blast shields and riot shields can stop them.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :It makes sense, everything needs to be balanced otherwise everyone will pick the same weapons. The main change they need to make is to force noobtubers to lose a perk slot, and make sure they lose scavenger and one man army, because at the moment the just act like artillery, not even the blast shields and riot shields can stop them.

IMO one man army needs to work like you can only change once and it HAS to be to a different gun or something. Scavenger is good for guns like the vector, although I guess you could just start everyone with more ammo.
Quote from J03130 :h8 getting killed by the g18s to me they class anyone as a instant noob....sorry.

lolwut

Have you ever used the G18s? If you have then you'd know that they are most certainly not a noob gun - the recoil is ridiculous and if you go full-auto you'll be looking at the sky in a nanosecond. They're pretty close range too - you can't hit a guy that's halfway across the map (cough UMP cough), so you have to get up close to your victim.

Unlike noob guns like the UMP or noob attachments like the underslung, G18s - akimbo or not - actually require skill to use.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
(889 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG