The online racing simulator
Quote from The Moose :Is there anyone over the age of 16 that thinks this is "amazing?"

23 years old as of last Monday and I think it's amazing. The reason it's amazing is because of how focused it is on being a great FPS. I like the fact that the only time you hear RPG mentioned is when you use one to blow up a room full of bad guys, and that the only thing which could be described as sandbox is the multiplayer map "Afgan". Every single time you fire a weapon it's exciting, every kill you get on multiplayer is satisfying and the whole experience is intense and thrilling. I've played plenty of creative and clever games that have also been boring and frustrating. Sometimes it's harder to do something really well than to come up with a clever new concept.
I don't find it to be that great TBH. The only mission that's had an "effect" on me is the one where you invade a suburb... It's freaky because it's how a majority of people near me live (and a majority of North America). I don't enjoy it, but I haffto play it to warrant the 12 GB download.
I find the singleplayer would be fun to play, even though its only 5 hours long (yes, only). The part that I really care about is the online. Normally when I want to buy an online game I buy it on the PC. I've heard too many bad things about it (no matter how many good) that just turn me away from it. It's just too constricted online to me IMO.

I might rent it on my PS3 just to play the campaign. I also might wait until one of my friends get suckered into buying the PC version and I'll just play it at their house.

Who knows, I ain' t supporting it as of now.
Quote from mutt107 :wow the campaign is VERY hard even on normal. time to do it on easy.

same, but i think its because i really couldnt choose a weapon and stick with it the and (Spolier) the boneyard mission when you had to wad through both Shepard's men and mekahov's was mental. I was like was he serious?!
Quote from Sueycide_FD :same, but i think its because i really couldnt choose a weapon and stick with it the and (Spolier) the boneyard mission when you had to wad through both Shepard's men and mekahov's was mental. I was like was he serious?!

i think the mission where you have to escape with Makarov's data is way harder. the escaping bit at the end of that mission took like like 15-20 tries on Veteran difficulty :S
The domestic levels definitely hit me. I mean, shooting your way through slums in Brazil is one thing - I've never been to a slum, and I have no idea what it feels, smells, looks and sounds like, but to see a house that could be on any corner of any street in Suburbia America get lit up by a BTR is unnerving.

On Veteran it took me about 8-9 hours to get through I'd guess. Definitely a very short game, but the larger variety of levels makes it feel longer, and its easier than COD4 was (on Veteran).

Quote from spankmeyer :IW can go climb a wall of dicks.

Are you blind? The MW2 map looks nothing like it! What, just because it's got some headstones, a small lake, and a real-life (non-original) reactor in the background it's a copy? It's a remake of a COD2 map for crying out loud...
Quote from The Moose :I'm stunned at all these "it's amazing " posts. It's just another bog standard, linear FPS. Nothing particularly original or stunning about it whatsoever.

Is there anyone over the age of 16 that thinks this is "amazing?"

Bah, i must be getting old. I remember when games were creative. I can't think of an FPS (and I'm talking single player here) that has really impressed me since the original Deus Ex in terms of originality and creativity.

Its far from "amazing", its just a good, solid FPS, nothing more, nothing less.

As for the last "great" FPS, that would have the be Bioshock
I'm confused, I've completed the campaign but it shows 50.3% completion in the menu. Is there anything more?
spec ops? enemy intel? etc.
Hmm, but on the main menu they each have their own completion percentage, Spec Ops, Campaign and Multiplayer. It could be the intel thing, but that's a lot though o.0
Probably need to get all the achievements to get 100%
COD6 online for PS3 is even better than COD4. I'm getting far more kills, mostly due to far less lag. COD4 was a bitch for that, I could unload a full mag into an enemy at point blank range and they'd still continue running. Now I can kill an enemy with a handful of rounds from the L86, my new favourite friend alongside the Steyr

The campaign is alright too, there wasn't really any major flaws in it. It's a completely OTT and unbelievable story, but hey, it works
I am better at MW2 online than I ever was with MW1, I can consistantly come 2nd, and even 1st at times.
That was a short game
Quote from danowat :I am better at MW2 online than I ever was with MW1, I can consistantly come 2nd, and even 1st at times.

All the better players seemed to have stuck with Cod 4 if you havent noticed by now.
Well I did better in CoD4, I guess cause you rushed alot more, or at least I did and it worked better. And having 15 players per team also gets you more kills.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :All the better players seemed to have stuck with Cod 4 if you havent noticed by now.

How did you work that out? Sauce?
Quote from Mp3 Astra :How did you work that out? Sauce?

The internets says so, it must be true.

All of the 1'000'000 MW2 players online last night were newbies, didnt you know that? pfft
Anyone want to play spec ops on PC with me? Via hamachi or some Soo bored atm
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Anyone want to play spec ops on PC with me? Via hamachi or some Soo bored atm

Nah, but let's play live for speed via hamachi or some.
Quote from danowat :All of the 1'000'000 MW2 players online last night were newbies, didnt you know that? pfft

considering its not exactly cs were talking about its fair to assume that those numbers are the initial buzz which mostly consists of people who dont play cod online regularly
Its never really wise to assume anything
Quote from dougie-lampkin :COD6

Im sorry but when did COD6 come out? Last time i checked there was no 6 anywhere in the name only a 2.
It's the 6th Call of Duty in the series. Don't be an ass.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
(889 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG