The online racing simulator
That's the thing.. it doesn't work (as of now) which is why it's so hated. I know it works for console games just fine.

They've tried to change what is "standard" for PC gamers, and done it so poorly that they're suffering the backlash of it. I was going to buy it for PS3, but instead bought Left 4 Dead 2 for PC.
WOW with the last missions, it's insane.... there will be MW3 for sure
yup. Soap and Captain Price trying to prove their innocence.
Quote from chanoman315 :WOW with the last missions, it's insane.... there will be MW3 for sure

Why wouldn't there be? Activision has probably told them that they need to milk something like this at least until there's Modern Warfare: Underground then Underground 2, then Modern Warfare: Proving Grounds. Prepare for the next game with 10 sequels. (Which is hilarious as it's already a fork off of another game with 5 sequels)
Dustin. Shut the **** up
Why's everybody ranting about this game? :sadbanana:

Its not bad at all, so far its the best fps ive seen yet. Mostly all because of the story, when i play it then i really go in the game and it makes me feel like im really on the battlefield. Its either lack of gamer-disease or ... no idea. I cant say anything bad on this game, havnt played mw2 much but its good. The first one was just epic success.
Luke, It's true and you know it.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Why wouldn't there be? Activision has probably told them that they need to milk something like this at least until there's Modern Warfare: Underground then Underground 2, then Modern Warfare: Proving Grounds. Prepare for the next game with 10 sequels. (Which is hilarious as it's already a fork off of another game with 5 sequels)

It's actually Activison who milk it not IW hence why treyarch etc. have made versions in between
That's why I said Activision has told them (IW) that it needs to be milked.
there's no online gameplay till???
the only thing that piss's me off is the campers and the chopper gunners.
How big anoyance do you think will be the new gettling turrets? I run away from fu*king turrets in KZ2, and they are even in MW2
My first online experience was of a few kids screaming and singing at eachother Mute feature
Quote from Boris Lozac :How big anoyance do you think will be the new gettling turrets? I run away from fu*king turrets in KZ2, and they are even in MW2

the turrets are not that bad, if you come behind them and knife them you will disable them, and if you have the perk cold blooded they won't even shoot you.
Quote from JJ72 :soooo....at the airport.....did you open fire?

Yup, killed as many people as I could. Extra target practice

Picked this up last night and playing it I have to say - story mode I am quite enjoying it thought some of the missions area bit short at the moment. Maybe they will get longer as the game progresses.

Online though, I was playing for about an hour last night and apart from being killed alot lol, didn't notice any problems.

I wait until I have played more of the story mode, but shaping up to being a quality game
My stea won't load at all this morning, I bought and pre-loaded MW2 last night before they activated it and since its finished preloading steam won't get past the Connecting To Account... part. Anyone else had this problem?
My savegame is messed, when the level loads, it closes the game. Freaking lovely, just like CoD4.
I managed to pick up the last copy at Morrisons last night for £26, TBH, I probably wouldn't have brought it if it weren't reduced.

So far, its more evolution than revolution, haven't really found anything that really sets it apart from COD4.
Quote from danowat :I managed to pick up the last copy at Morrisons last night for £26, TBH, I probably wouldn't have brought it if it weren't reduced.

So far, its more evolution than revolution, haven't really found anything that really sets it apart from COD4.

You will!

Game is quite awesome, havn't completed it yet but so far i've been highly impressed.
Oooooo, thats good then, something to look forward to!.

The snowmobile bit was quite cool, but it was very shortlived.
Personaly I don't get why everyone is moaning about this game being broken or worse that the older ones.

I love it, I have no trouble online.... least i've managed to score top in almost all games i've played *Been playing CoD since the series started*.

And there are massive improvements on the MW1, I really like the fact the there are a shit load of weapons now. The Dual pistols and other guns are amazing, and graphicly it's very impressive.

So if your a fan of the older CoD games go for it and buy it.. thats what I did.
My flatmate has bought this game, and has a PS3 in the flat. So naturally I got to try it out last night until 3am. WHAT A BLAST! I mean seriously, the Spec Ops mode is just incredible fun. Especially the one where you're in the gas station fighting off waves of enemies, drones, MPVs and choppers. It's simply incredible. It's total chaos and you get so close to death so many times, and yet you pull through and have an overwhelming feeling of having actually achieved something.

Also, when one person controls the plane and the other person is on the ground... WOW, so cool! It's a shame it's so short but it really does require cooperation with your friend, otherwise you will end up dying; since the enemies appear to spawn differently every time!

I also played some offline split screen, which was really good fun. I like the way you now have to collect your killstreak power-ups; really balances the game out. Hopfully I'll be able to borrow his PSN account later and have a go at online. It looks like more of the same as CoD4, but with just enough changes to keep it fresh and exciting. So far, from the Multiplayer maps I've seen, the maps are very interesting and more varied than in CoD4. There are also many more maps.

I'm very excited about getting this game for myself. I almost want to buy it on PC, but I know I'll suck...
One thing I've noticed in the game, the developers must be a big fan of the movie "The Rock". The mission where you have to rescue the prisoner, ESPECIALLY THE BATH ROOM SCENE, is EXACTLY the same as the movie. and the bit where you have to reach the roof within 2 minutes to light up green flares to call off the bomber is another scene straight out of The Rock.

but i LOVE it :P

btw, how do you see your achievements in the PC version?
Quote from Mp3 Astra :My flatmate has bought this game, and has a PS3 in the flat. So naturally I got to try it out last night until 3am.

Lol! Funny that, Last night I was thinking at 1am, ya il just go to bed at 2am, then 2am comes and i'm gunna just go to 3am.... I woulda went on longer too but my pc had downloaded updates and that damn "restart now?" message came up, so I hit restart later and had to start about 10 minutes ealrier than when I crashed, then it happend again when I got to the same bit, so for me that was a sign to stop being such a geek and get some sleep.
Yes last night at 1am too, i said ok, 1:30 and ill turn it off... 4:30 came past and i said, ok, 5am and ill turn it off..

...didnt sleep that night.
-
(Stiggie) DELETED by SamH : Unacceptable discussion

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
(889 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG