The online racing simulator
They're not really inferior. The only disadvantage is not being able to aim as fast, but by turning the sensitivity up this can be overcome Apart from that, it uses pretty much the same amount of buttons as the PC version. (I count 15 on the PS3 controller)
Quote from Jertje :Yes, but so did COD1, COD2 and COD3, and 90% of every other shooter made between 2000 and 2007, I feel like Modern Warfare was a step into the right direction, finally leaving behind almost a decade of first-person shooters which were nearly exclusively set in a WW2 setting, and then Treyarch comes along and dumps it right back into old habits.

Anyway, I hope Modern Warfare 2 offers the same increase in gameplay quality as the first one did. The next logical step up from bullet penetration is the crumbling down of walls under heavy machine-gun fire, but maybe that's too much wishful thinking

hopefully you can damage buildings like in battlefield bad company
Couldn't care less. The CoD franchise spiraled downwards after the United Offensive addon. CoD4 was one of the most overrated games of all times to me, using the same, shallow formula of all the other parts, just with different models: You go to an area,many enemies spawn at only a few different locations (like 10 times in the very same window of a building, or exiting the very same entrance).

There are so many better games, like Red Orchestra, if you like WW2 (warning, Multiplayer only), or the GRAW series (which itself is a step down from the great original GR though) or Armed Assault...
For those in the UK that cant wait until November, and want a totally immersive experience with fantastic graphics, full surround sound, excellent 'rag-doll' physics, and 100% realism, try THIS:

Linky

I played an earlier version of this for years...can be great fun. (Multiplayer only: very, VERY limited single player options.)

Only drawback is, there is no respawn
Quote from dougie-lampkin :
BTW, buy the PS3/360 version. Much better fun. You can always...acquire the PC version afterwards to look at nicer graphics during SP

Ok
Quote from dougie-lampkin :BTW, buy the PS3/360 version. Much better fun. You can always...acquire the PC version afterwards to look at nicer graphics during SP

you have got to be joking!? COD4 on ps3 has to be one of the worst games i've played. Maybe after COD on the wii. PC is the only platform to play COD on. I thought COD4 had an excellent storyline although i didnt like scripted sequences. The AC130 mission has to be one of the best i've played in any game. Good to see some variety to your standard fps.
Quote from sil3ntwar :. The AC130 mission has to be one of the best i've played in any game.

Personally I think that the Catalina mission in CoD5(WaW) beats that, but overall CoD4 is MUCH better than CoD5(WaW)
Quote from Bladerunner :Personally I think that the Catalina mission in CoD5(WaW) beats that, but overall CoD4 is MUCH better than CoD5(WaW)

indeed, cod4 on ps3 isnt that bad, just set the sensitivity up and its really easy to spin around or turn quickly.

Plus the storyline in cod4 is better than cod5
Quote from Bladerunner :For those in the UK that cant wait until November, and want a totally immersive experience with fantastic graphics, full surround sound, excellent 'rag-doll' physics, and 100% realism, try THIS:

Linky

I played an earlier version of this for years...can be great fun. (Multiplayer only: very, VERY limited single player options.)

Only drawback is, there is no respawn

Hah, already nabbed the Irish release. Unfortunately, it also seems to come with the "bicep pain" and "ringing in the ears" mods as standard
is there any cheats for it?
Like infinite ammunition or infinite health?
Noice... can't wait...
Quote from 91mason91 :is there any cheats for it?

Not exactly, but if you open the console and type: "Get me the f*** out of here" it CAN prolong life expectancy a bit.
Quote from 91mason91 :is there any cheats for it?

On the PC version of the game you have trainers with this kind of stuff...
Quote from michael-surfer :On the PC version of the game you have trainers with this kind of stuff...

We talking about the IRL version...not PC (or xBox or PS3 or DS or even iPhone!)
Quote from Bladerunner :Only drawback is, there is no respawn

Wait, what?

No respawns sounds great on epic proportions!

Kids these days...

EDIT: Otherwise a good game btw but the NPC characters are way too dumb.
Quote from spankmeyer :Wait, what?

No respawns sounds great on epic proportions!

Kids these days...

Tell me whether no respawns is a good idea when somebody pops a 7.62mm cap in YOUR ass!
If you want no respawns then go play S&D!

Deathmatch should have respawns!
Quote from Bladerunner :Tell me whether no respawns is a good idea when somebody pops a 7.62mm cap in YOUR ass!

After 28 years of linear gameplay with a stupid plot, I'd be happy to get to ending credits with a 7.62mm bullet lodged in my cranium.

/me gives up with all future attempts at satirical irony. Its wasted on mainland Europeans

Quote from spankmeyer :After 28 years of linear gameplay with a stupid plot, I'd be happy to get to ending credits with a 7.62mm bullet lodged in my cranium.

And Emos
Quote from Bladerunner :

/me gives up with all future attempts at satirical irony. Its wasted on mainland Europeans

And Emos

Quote from spankmeyer :EDIT: Otherwise a good game btw but the NPC characters are way too dumb.

Not to mention the AI getting stuck in the most ridiculous of places...Plus the extra long "tutorial" levels...I haven't gotten through them all yet
Me wanty..
If they've added vehicle's in multiplayer it will ruin it because you'll get the nob heads that run people over or sit in a tank for the whole round
It depends how the vehicles are done. If the environments are big, like the Battlefield series, you need vehicles to get around. I always felt that the maps in the W@W beta were too small for the vehicles they'd added and it made them pretty pointless.

I like CoD4's maps and feel that similar levels with added destructibility would be nice. Just enough to make the sniper's lives a bit harder without being able to totally flatten the place. If the maps were made bigger in order to fit vehicles in, it might lose the visceral up-close-and-personal feel that #4 had, and that'd be a real shame.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
(889 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG