The online racing simulator
Quote from Boris Lozac :Are those kind of cheats and hacks possible on PS3 and X360 version? I'm planning to order it for PS3 so..

Nope, at least not from the website stated in that video description.

They even charge to have access for the download
Quote from The Moose :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... p;feature=player_embedded

Not only is PC multiplayer a horrible laggy mess, the hackers are out in force already. Utter wank. You cant kick or ban them so its a free reign for the cheats.

Uh, public hacks are always VAC-detected, and private hacks are v. expensive (you can look at prices at THiSGaMeSuX or EnhancedAim. $20/month for ONE game, ja.
Just completed the game on veteran, such an amazing storyline, the end wasnt as bad as watching the video, now its time to play multiplayer
Quote from lukelfs :Just completed the game on veteran, such an amazing storyline, the end wasnt as bad as watching the video, now its time to play multiplayer

Is it too hard on Veteran? I'll play it on PS3 and i haven't play COD4 on gamepad, only Killzone 2 (in which i'm pretty good at).. so, will i have hard time?
playapimp, did you join one of my games or did you just search for games and you joined mine? cause i saw you in one of the game i was playing.
Could of picked a better mission

There are quite a few "No Russian" airport massacre videos out there already.
Quote from DevilDare :Could of picked a better mission

There are quite a few "No Russian" airport massacre videos out there already.

Myea, i wanted to be one of the first who puts up the gameplay video. Anyways, it includes 2 missions in it. And mostly, it doesnt matter what mission it is (atleast for me). Its more like, if some people want to check out the game via gameplay video before ... buyng it. I do this all the time. Its more that u can see the game itself, the effects, graphics and stuff related to it.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Is it too hard on Veteran? I'll play it on PS3 and i haven't play COD4 on gamepad, only Killzone 2 (in which i'm pretty good at).. so, will i have hard time?

I wouldnt say it is hard, its just the AI know exactly where u are so u get pwnd alot , but i prefer it to be impossible than too easy
Quote from mutt107 :playapimp, did you join one of my games or did you just search for games and you joined mine? cause i saw you in one of the game i was playing.

I found you yesterday randomly and today I joined. I used your gun since I have the "copycat" perk. I liked it
Quote from The Moose :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... p;feature=player_embedded

Not only is PC multiplayer a horrible laggy mess, the hackers are out in force already. Utter wank. You cant kick or ban them so its a free reign for the cheats.

Moose, what they don't realize is that VAC2 is a delayed banning system, so they might get banned a month down the line PERMANENTLY from all games that use VAC2 such as Source based games.
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :I found you yesterday randomly and today I joined. I used your gun since I have the "copycat" perk. I liked it

Don't you copy me!!! :P
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Moose, what they don't realize is that VAC2 is a delayed banning system, so they might get banned a month down the line PERMANENTLY from all games that use VAC2 such as Source based games.

Well, VAC bans are split by engine, so if you got banned in CS: Condition Zero (GoldSrc), you won't get banned in e.g. CS:Source (Source engine) or Team Fortress 2 (Source 2007 / OrangeBox engine), MW2 has it's own engine, based on id Tech.
I assumed that the whole "VAC" and "VAC2" bans carried over to all, so VAC (GoldSrc) bans had you banned for 1 year in VAC games, and VAC2(Source, etc), had you banned permanently.
So people, will i be humiliated, considering i never played MW online? I need my special forces VS terrorists fix, so hoping this will do. 24 (series) is guilty for bringing back this counter-terrorist need :P
Quote from Boris Lozac :So people, will i be humiliated, considering i never played MW online? I need my special forces VS terrorists fix, so hoping this will do. 24 (series) is guilty for bringing back this counter-terrorist need :P

well alot of people are good, but even if you not good you will still have fun :P
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I assumed that the whole "VAC" and "VAC2" bans carried over to all, so VAC (GoldSrc) bans had you banned for 1 year in VAC games, and VAC2(Source, etc), had you banned permanently.

Umm.

VAC is not active anymore. There's only VAC2. But it's referred to as "VAC".
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by dawesdust_12
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Moose, what they don't realize is that VAC2 is a delayed banning system

..which is as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike for the month they can get away with raping everyone on the server.

There is simply no substitute for dedicated servers with admins.

I've been watching my brother playing online today a lot. It's a laggy mess. In one round the host changed four times! (at 30 seconds a change) What the hell were they thinking with this P2P shit?

I hope they never make a PC version of CoD again, at least it wont be the massive disappointment this has been.
Do you understand why I am so adamantly against it? Then today while patching Trophy support for PS3, they actually disabled the online portion of it.

****ing morons, and I'll steal the conspiracy that Microsoft has paid them a lot of money from the advance release DLC to intentionally break the game on other systems, making the 360 seem better than it actually is.

It's not even that good anyways, playing through the SP, I found CoD4 to be so much better. MW2 I actually stopped when GF was bored. CoD4... I refused to leave my computer until I beat it.
So this game is shit?
So what's this dedicated servers talk about.. Are they dedicated on consoles? I never understood what dedicated servers mean in other games. In LFS for example, dedicated server is a reliable PC with good link, running 24/7..
Typically PC games run a Dedicated server, and clients connect to them. Well, Infinity Ward in their infinite wisdom decided to axe all dedicated servers and replace them with a random player being selected as the "host", with all players connecting to them. The downfall to this is most servers are on 100+ megabit upload connections (really fast!), whereas the average user is on about a 1 megabit upload connection (about 100~ kilobytes per second).

This causes games to be laggy as home computers have higher latency (typically) than a server, along with slower connections.

Console gamers are used to this, so it's not such a travesty, but this is unheard of for PC games, so it's pretty much them stabbing PC gamers in the back so they can control the content and gameplay more closely (to charge for DLC, whereas in the past it ended up being free).
Quote from dawesdust_12 :
Console gamers are used to this, so it's not such a travesty, but this is unheard of for PC games, so it's pretty much them stabbing PC gamers in the back so they can control the content and gameplay more closely (to charge for DLC, whereas in the past it ended up being free).

Well if they don't pirate their games so much maybe this sh*t wouldn't happen to them?

Have you played Killzone 2 on PS3? It works exactly like that, i can create a server (and i have a 128 kbit upload ) and it will work great with full 32 players match, so where's the problem? If the host disconects or quits the game, it automatically swithes to someone else... and i repeat, it doesn't matter how big upload the host has. I'm sure Infinty Ward could make the same system with their huge budget.
I played online today and found the host I was on was pretty much lag free, even got my first 3 kill streak! Go me!

Whilst I'm not too bothered about having a dedicated server, it would have been nice to have a server list in the way that the Battlefield series has, with different modes and maps, much easier to get the server you want.

I suppose in time people will have their own dedi servers (if that's possible).

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
(889 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG