The online racing simulator
Hmmm never seen mine go over 34c , but back when using 8800GT i did get it upto 105c when it was in my media case.
Quote from G!NhO :Well i always forget to turn the fan speed up , when i don't play games i put it on 38% which keeps it at 60 degrees, and when i am playing i put it on 60/80.

Holy god!

At 38% I get ~30°.
What's with manual/low fan speed anyway, is it to conserve fan lifespan or reduced noise? If my PC would give me access to to fan speeds I'd have it fixed at 100% all the time
Quote from NotAnIllusion :What's with manual/low fan speed anyway, is it to conserve fan lifespan or reduced noise? If my PC would give me access to to fan speeds I'd have it fixed at 100% all the time

Noise.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :What's with manual/low fan speed anyway, is it to conserve fan lifespan or reduced noise? If my PC would give me access to to fan speeds I'd have it fixed at 100% all the time

If you got a nvidia card its in the nvidia control panel in your taskbar on the bottom right.
Proper heatsink for ze win. The stock 4850 one sucked for me. Both cards close together would result in like 110~ degrees with fan on 50%.

Now both with new heatsink. Passive, fully loaded 50 degrees.

But funny to read Shadowww first says he almost fried his GPU, and then calling Ginho's card hot?
Quote from J03130 :If you got a nvidia card its in the nvidia control panel in your taskbar on the bottom right.

It isn't, because it's a laptop card (9600M GT) with laptop drivers. The GPU fan was the only visible one when I opened it up (dust..), I guess it's not wired the same way as desktop fans because none of the various WHQL'd drivers for M spec show anything to do with fans. Even in RivaTuner.
Quote from Bose321 :But funny to read Shadowww first says he almost fried his GPU, and then calling Ginho's card hot?

Dude I almost fried my GPU when I forced fan speed to 25% and played GTA IV.
Quote from J03130 :If you got a nvidia card its in the nvidia control panel in your taskbar on the bottom right.

I can't seem to find it anywhere in there. 9800GTX+ here
sorry for OT

MW2 is extremely short...also theres nothing what would make this game special, except you feel like youre watching a film
I might be getting this when my mum gets back from shopping!

Probs wont get it, knowing my luck.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Are the IW map competition participation rules still available somewhere?

Not sure.. You could probably find them though.
Not that interested Well, it was worth checking if someone had an easylink
Quote from obsolum :I can't seem to find it anywhere in there. 9800GTX+ here

I needed RivaTuner to adjust my GTX+'s fan
This game is amazing, Alot better than i thought. Its just very smart. I am off to play it more now
I'm stunned at all these "it's amazing " posts. It's just another bog standard, linear FPS. Nothing particularly original or stunning about it whatsoever.

Is there anyone over the age of 16 that thinks this is "amazing?"

Bah, i must be getting old. I remember when games were creative. I can't think of an FPS (and I'm talking single player here) that has really impressed me since the original Deus Ex in terms of originality and creativity.
Quote from The Moose :I'm stunned at all these "it's amazing " posts. It's just another bog standard, linear FPS. Nothing particularly original or stunning about it whatsoever.

Is there anyone over the age of 16 that thinks this is "amazing?"

Bah, i must be getting old. I remember when games were creative. I can't think of an FPS (and I'm talking single player here) that has really impressed me since the original Deus Ex in terms of originality and creativity.

I'm 18, but I don't think that's your point...

I don't think the game is all that creative or original but that doesn't stop it from being really great fun, it is thrilling and the spec-ops/online play is very unpredictable and exciting. For me, anyway. I can see what you're saying... But maybe you are just getting old!
Quote from Mp3 Astra :online play is very unpredictable

Hey, this may be selective quoting, but it sums up the multiplayer for me, and not in a good way
I'm almost 22 and i'm thrilled! Just finished it and it's just awesome, the stream of fun and excitement is never ending.. it sucks you in and spits you out, when you finish it, full of emotions from what you've just gone through. It's short, but it's kinda like interactive movie.. and for movie it's more than long. Worth every €.
Gotta check Spec Ops, after i get myself back under control.
wow the campaign is VERY hard even on normal. time to do it on easy.
Quote from mutt107 :wow the campaign is VERY hard even on normal. time to do it on easy.

For me (dunno why) easy level was harder than normal lol. Just like in L4D2D.
Just bought on ebay new for £28, free postage

Cant wait to get stuck-in (the house playing it all day)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
(889 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG