The online racing simulator
Quote from BlueFlame :What league is that, Enemy Down(worst league goin)?

The er... I'm gonna splash your brains all over the wall league (it's a new one... i just came up with it... you like?)
Quote from [SR] Pablo :The er... I'm gonna splash your brains all over the wall league (it's a new one... i just came up with it... you like?)

So, you're in a league or not? You haven't answered the question.

The main league is Clanbase, if you don't play in clanbase and you seem to think you're good, then something is horribly wrong. The clanbase settings make it a level playing-field for all players using the pro-mod therefore making it more of a challenge. Having variables like perks just means that noobs who can't play can get more kills than they would normally. Anyone who is anyone plays Clanbase matches. Good teams compete in the opencup and eurocup with teams from all over europe (providing the ping is within a certain window). Competitively COD4 has got nothin on COD2, sure alot argue that the original COD was better, it wasn't as muchly played as the sequel making it a less competitive game.
Quote from Bladerunner :For those in the UK that cant wait until November, and want a totally immersive experience with fantastic graphics, full surround sound, excellent 'rag-doll' physics, and 100% realism, try THIS:

Linky

I played an earlier version of this for years...can be great fun. (Multiplayer only: very, VERY limited single player options.)

Only drawback is, there is no respawn

lol
I'd never join any league that inhibits the use of what is a standard part of the game. What makes the organisers think they know better than the developers?
Sounds like unnecessary limitations to make their life easier when it comes to scoring and adminning matches.

But this is not a discussion about ProMod and whether or not anybody wants to use perks or not. If it's in the game, it's in the game. As I said before, most of them have a valid real-life training method of getting to the same place.
Quote from Dajmin :I'd never join any league that inhibits the use of what is a standard part of the game. What makes the organisers think they know better than the developers?
Sounds like unnecessary limitations to make their life easier when it comes to scoring and adminning matches.

You won't find any leagues then, they are few guns disabled, and alot of things tweaked with the game and more importanttly no perks.
Quote from BlueFlame :You won't find any leagues then, they are few guns disabled, and alot of things tweaked with the game and more importanttly no perks.

Well this is where the difference lies... it sounds to me like you're running COD4 on the PC... where you can run mods to take stuff out of the game etc... I only have COD4 on PS3... league matches are team based deathmatches, sabotage's etc.. but you can't turn any of the perks off or fiddle with the settings unless you set up a private match, which still allows you to use perks... if you're saying that the PC version allows you to take everything interesting away from this game then you're better off playing COD world at war as I beleive there're no perks for the online maps for that one and seeing as you seem to be the most boring person I've ever spoken to, the inordinately large maps would suit you down to the ground

IMHO a level playing field is the absolute dullest and most boring thing I've ever heard of, it doesn't sound challenging or interesting whatsoever and I'm willing to bet that most "normal" people wouldn't like it either.
Quote from [SR] Pablo :Well this is where the difference lies... it sounds to me like you're running COD4 on the PC... where you can run mods to take stuff out of the game etc... I only have COD4 on PS3... league matches are team based deathmatches, sabotage's etc.. but you can't turn any of the perks off or fiddle with the settings unless you set up a private match, which still allows you to use perks... if you're saying that the PC version allows you to take everything interesting away from this game then you're better off playing COD world at war as I beleive there're no perks for the online maps for that one and seeing as you seem to be the most boring person I've ever spoken to, the inordinately large maps would suit you down to the ground

IMHO a level playing field is the absolute dullest and most boring thing I've ever heard of, it doesn't sound challenging or interesting whatsoever and I'm willing to bet that most "normal" people wouldn't like it either.

So what kind of motorsport do you watch? Caterhams versus F1? After all that you don't even have and Cod4 for the PC...... Console gamers cannot talk seriously about FPS. FPS was born on the PC and it will die on the PC.
Quote from BlueFlame :So what kind of motorsport do you watch? Caterhams versus F1? After all that you don't even have and Cod4 for the PC...... Console gamers cannot talk seriously about FPS. FPS was born on the PC and it will die on the PC.

Errr... I watch F1, Nascar, and a little F2 & 3... maybe a little MotoGP sometimes if I feel like it... what's that got to do with the price of rotten eggs and I'm not quite sure what it's got to do with this thread tbh

FPS's may have started on the PC, but these days they're multi-platform for a reason. Although I can agree that they're better suited to the PC, some of us prefer the console versions, yet that doesn't mean us "console gamers" haven't got a clue what we're talking about.

FPS's on consoles are much easier to control for some people... not everybody can utilise the keyboard and mouse config. all that easily... the buttons on the keyboard just aren't set up to be used fluently, however buttons on joypads are placed for the gamers convenience. Even though keyboard and mouse is the better config. for FPS', these days Joypads can be altered to work just as well... i.e. by turning the analog sensetivity up the joypad can turn just as quickly as a mouse... the only problem there is that it may not be quite as accurate as the mouse... again this depends on the individual's skill

At the end of the day I'm an experienced gamer... especially when it comes to FPS's. I'm quite capable of playing them on any platform and can do it competently enough... it just so happens that I tend to play better on console versions... which I see no problem with tbh
Quote from [SR] Pablo :
FPS's may have started on the PC, but these days they're multi-platform for a reason. Although I can agree that they're better suited to the PC, some of us prefer the console versions, yet that doesn't mean us "console gamers" haven't got a clue what we're talking about.

You like Nascar, it's an even playing field and you don't find THAT boring? So why should you find the game stripped of perks boring? You don't have a consistent logic.

And Console gamers DON'T have a clue what you're talking about, you can't open up the console and set up your rates for instance, and I'm talking about /rate 25000, /cl_maxpackets 100 and /snaps 30 (on cod4, 40 on cod2 and cod1) and learning the console to game helps you alot #1 to gain an advantage in knowledge of the coding of the game and #2 gives you an advantage to boost your fps.
Quote from BlueFlame :You like Nascar, it's an even playing field and you don't find THAT boring? So why should you find the game stripped of perks boring? You don't have a consistent logic.

And Console gamers DON'T have a clue what you're talking about, you can't open up the console and set up your rates for instance, and I'm talking about /rate 25000, /cl_maxpackets 100 and /snaps 30 (on cod4, 40 on cod2 and cod1) and learning the console to game helps you alot #1 to gain an advantage in knowledge of the coding of the game and #2 gives you an advantage to boost your fps.

I watch Nascar for the awesome crashes that sometimes happen there and not for any other reason, and who cares about coding etc.... I'm not interested in all that stuff... I just want to put the game on and kill everything that moves and enjoy myself... why in the hell would I want to get involved with all the stuff that goes on in the background.. how positively mundane and boring that would be

My logic may seem inconsistent to you, but yours seems nonexistent to me. I guess we both have to just agree to disagree

So long as you're happy with your opinions and I'm happy with mine, I see no problem with either of our views... However, making bold statements such as "console gamers" haven't got a clue what they're talking about is a one way ticket to a serious flaming

You ought to be a bit more mindfull dude, there may be a lot of people reading this thread who prefer playing FPS's on consoles and you've just offended every single one of them... bad move imho
I will say and do as I please. In Uzbekistan we have a saying, The dog will only run as far as it's master. I think that speaks worlds here.
ok... moving swiftly onwards (and back to the topic at hand )

The official UK release date for COD MW2 is 10 Nov 2009... however, I've just read that there will be a number of different versions available, special edition and prestige edition will also be available and all will be priced according to the version... i'm not quite sure what the difference is atm (due to this sucky restriction on gaming sites that my employers think is necessary), but I think we are all capable of looking that bit of info up for ourselves
Hmmm yeah so MW2 is going to be good.
Quote from Dajmin :I'd never join any league that inhibits the use of what is a standard part of the game. What makes the organisers think they know better than the developers?

But this is not a discussion about ProMod and whether or not anybody wants to use perks or not. If it's in the game, it's in the game. As I said before, most of them have a valid real-life training method of getting to the same place.

+1

Finally someone who gets it
Quote from LFSn00b :To be honest i've never heard about a league that allows perks on a cod match. I play CB, we use the promod which every league/ladder uses.

Yeah... it seems that PC leagues are totally different from PS3 leagues.

The problem I have with the PC version is that it seems possible to take away everything that the developers put in there for the gamer's enjoyment in the first place... it's not like they haven't got a clue what they're doing... there's this little thing called market research that every company looking to sell products to the public must carry out... otherwise how the hell are they going to know if their product is going to sell... and I'm pretty sure that if perks were considered to be dull and ruin the gaming experience they wouldn't have included them in the first instance

(pokes Blueflame... how's that for logic )
Why are you going back to posts you should have already read?

Regarding 'market research' all FPSgame producers just build a game to cater for the 'I'm gonna play a bit before I go to work' kind of geek, who is either a child or a 40year old man. Also, I'd really love to know why you seem to really have so much interest over such a BAD FPS game Call Of Duty4 is one of the worst shooters out there. It truly is bad.
While you can call cod unrealistic and different from the typical FPS. I don't think you can call it bad when it has what, 12 million sales. The only way you could call it bad is if you judge the quality of the game solely on how much of a stereotypical FPS it is.
Quote from Rappa Z :While you can call cod unrealistic and different from the typical FPS. I don't think you can call it bad when it has what, 12 million sales. The only way you could call it bad is if you judge the quality of the game solely on how much of a stereotypical FPS it is.

Well statistically it's good, but only because most of the players played Call Of Duty 1 and 2 anyway but as you say, it's a stereotypical game, it's just battlefield 2 without vehicles that runs on the IW engine. It's not combat it's like a strategy game picking what perks you wanna run with and using UAV to spot your enemy which is highly un-realistic as UAV's don't transmit real-time to soldiers on the battlefield. Also the Air-strike and helicopter are just a lame way of getting kills that you haven't gained through skill, sure you've done enough to GET those weapons but every kill from an airstrike or helicopter YOU haven't done.
It's freaking fun. Honestly, that's all I currently and ever will care about. If MW2 is more of the same, then bring on the fun.
Look at the MW2 footage as awesome as it is, wtf is up with that snowmobile chase, it's supposed to be Modern Warfare, not James Bond or Grand Theft Auto. It does not simulate a battle field at all, it's like IGI meets Hitman or something, it's a really bad story line for a warfare orientated game.
While I am hyped up for the game, I agree that the snowmobile chases look like crap. Also the artbook on the official site it appears to show motorcycle chases in brazil, but hopefully that's just in the artbook.
Quote from BlueFlame :Why are you going back to posts you should have already read?

Regarding 'market research' all FPSgame producers just build a game to cater for the 'I'm gonna play a bit before I go to work' kind of geek, who is either a child or a 40year old man. Also, I'd really love to know why you seem to really have so much interest over such a BAD FPS game Call Of Duty4 is one of the worst shooters out there. It truly is bad.

And another wrong statement is made... Dude... there's seems to be only one person who thinks COD4 is a bad FPS and that's you... everyone else I've ever spoken to and known still plays it to this very day and all have said that it's one of the very best FPS's they've ever played... Not to mention the fact that it won game of the year...

It seems clear to me that you don't know shite about anything mate so you should just go away back to whatever rock you crawled out from under and continue to play with your ring peice
Quote from BlueFlame :Look at the MW2 footage as awesome as it is, wtf is up with that snowmobile chase, it's supposed to be Modern Warfare, not James Bond or Grand Theft Auto. It does not simulate a battle field at all, it's like IGI meets Hitman or something, it's a really bad story line for a warfare orientated game.

That is what the SAS do genius they get into chases like that sometimes.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
(889 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG