The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
Since i lost my games files when redoing windows the other month i lost all of my savegame files in the process but since rockstar are that retarded to hide the files in windows that are mainly in my documents.

Since i have got GTA to install on windows 7 could anybody upload a saved game file of around 14% completion of the game?
Quote from rc10racer :Since i lost my games files when redoing windows the other month i lost all of my savegame files in the process but since rockstar are that retarded to hide the files in windows that are mainly in my documents.

Since i have got GTA to install on windows 7 could anybody upload a saved game file of around 14% completion of the game?

I could restart the game if you send me that girl in your dp.
Just making a note, the savedgames files need to be sent together with the Games For Windows Live profile (Xlive) in which they were created, otherwise the save files won't load.

I'm just making this note because I didn't know this before and when I formated the HD I just copied the save files, created a new profile with the same name but still they didn't work because it's not the same profile as before, and I had to start the game again from the beginning.

External links:
Finding the savedgames
How to use the saved games if you lost the Xlive account (advanced)
arent quite sure about this can you use g25 in gta IV???
I just placed an order for my new PC, it should easily run GTAIV and any other new games I might want for the next 2 million years.

- Antec Nine Hundred Case
- Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 LGA775 'Wolfdale' 2.66GHz
- Asus P5N-D nForce 750i SLi (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
- 2x Nvidia GeForce 9500GT 512MB Graphics Cards in SLi
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB SATA-II 32MB Cache
- LG GH22NS40 22x DVD±RW SATA Dual Layer ReWriter (Black)
- Corsair VX 450W ATX SLi Compliant PSU

- OCZ 4GB DDR2 Platinum 6400

Not the best processor in the world, but it's twice as good as my current one. I'm going to order GTAIV now, and hopefully by next week I will be making awesome videos that I can share with you all.
Quote from skolekaj :arent quite sure about this can you use g25 in gta IV???

I can't use any joypad. It makes my camera turn.

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I just placed an order for my new PC, it should easily run GTAIV and any other new games I might want for the next 2 million years.

- Antec Nine Hundred Case
- Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 LGA775 'Wolfdale' 2.66GHz
- Asus P5N-D nForce 750i SLi (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
- 2x Nvidia GeForce 9500GT 512MB Graphics Cards in SLi
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB SATA-II 32MB Cache
- LG GH22NS40 22x DVD±RW SATA Dual Layer ReWriter (Black)
- Corsair VX 450W ATX SLi Compliant PSU

- OCZ 4GB DDR2 Platinum 6400

Not the best processor in the world, but it's twice as good as my current one. I'm going to order GTAIV now, and hopefully by next week I will be making awesome videos that I can share with you all.

I hope so for you. Not sure, it's always a surprise with this game
Quote from Bose321 :
I hope so for you. Not sure, it's always a surprise with this game

Well if not I will just get a pirated version, seems like those work better than the actual game.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Well if not I will just get a pirated version, seems like those work better than the actual game.

Nah, they're just copies of the real DVD's so I don't think they work any better. Al tough I have to agree with you. This game has HUGE potential for the PC, it's just really rough and not ready yet.
Don't expet too much from that config. Even on my E8200@4ghz, 4gb ram HD4850 pc it struggles to give enjoyable fps online. In single player its around 30-40-60fps, but online it often goes below 30-25. At minimum graphics of course.
Quote from RevengeR :Don't expet too much from that config. Even on my E8200@4ghz, 4gb ram HD4850 pc it struggles to give enjoyable fps online. In single player its around 30-40-60fps, but online it often goes below 30-25. At minimum graphics of course.

Yeah, also struggles between 30-60 with E8500 3,2 and HD4870
I don't actually want it to play it, I have it on the 360, I can cope with bad FPS just as long as the game runs and I can make videos on it. From what I have seen the videos render okay even if you get terrible FPS, so I am only hoping for something around 20fps with replays running. I still can't believe they cocked up so badly, surely if they looked at games running the kind of anti-piracy stuff they are they could see how massively it failed. Let's hope they make a new patch that removes all of it, because at the moment I expect they are actually turning people towards piracy.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I don't actually want it to play it, I have it on the 360, I can cope with bad FPS just as long as the game runs and I can make videos on it. From what I have seen the videos render okay even if you get terrible FPS, so I am only hoping for something around 20fps with replays running. [...]

The replays actually runs faster (more fps) than real time gameplay because the physics were already calculated and loaded. It's pretty easy to edit the videos after you spend some time on it..
When you have finished editing, you can render the video, it will be limited to 30FPS and rendered on widescreen 16:9. The resolution you can render depends directly from the resolution you can play the game. For example, if the resolution used is 1024x768, it will be able to record in 1280x720 (it changes the aspect ratio and then stretches the video accordingly).
For recording in 1080p (1920x1080) the minimum resolution is 1680x1050 (I don't remember if it allows lower resolutions to record in 1080p).

There will be some kind of a red "loading" bar on the top of the screen while it records so you can know approximately the rendering process.
Is there any news about a proper patch btw? Would like to have some more then 25fps...
After you buy it, use a crack. To bypass the crappy cd "protection".
can you still play multiplayer if you use crack? I was unable to connect to the social club all day, but it just worked for me now. if anyone wants to add me, my name is xGabkicksx
Quote from Gabkicks :can you still play multiplayer if you use crack? I was unable to connect to the social club all day, but it just worked for me now. if anyone wants to add me, my name is xGabkicksx

If Rockstar Games Social Club doesn't connect or isn't working, choose "skip login" - you'll still be able to play the game, but will need to log in later for going multiplayer.

Bose312, it doesn't look like Rockstar is going to make another patch for the game.. there are no official announcements about this, not even speculation...
I hope I am wrong and Rockstar releases a next patch though.
Quote from Gabkicks :can you still play multiplayer if you use crack? I was unable to connect to the social club all day, but it just worked for me now. if anyone wants to add me, my name is xGabkicksx

Yep, you can, if you can activate the game. You can play online with several accounts with the same serial..
-
(ATC Quicksilver) DELETED by ATC Quicksilver
Quote from Velociround :If Rockstar Games Social Club doesn't connect or isn't working, choose "skip login" - you'll still be able to play the game, but will need to log in later for going multiplayer.

Bose312, it doesn't look like Rockstar is going to make another patch for the game.. there are no official announcements about this, not even speculation...
I hope I am wrong and Rockstar releases a next patch though.

there is a new patch released. link I have about 7fps more. more missing textures though...
Quote from Bose321 :there is a new patch released. link I have about 7fps more. more missing textures though...

I'm really surprised by this patch, I've seen it right now and I was just going to post about it, I'm very excited about this patch and I think it's a big improvement over the last one.

For the missing textures, there's a command line which *should* solve the issue:
-availablevidmem 2
It will double the memory size of your graphics card by using some more RAM, and it used to solve most of the texture problems in the game for most people. May not solve it completely, but solves most problems on the computers I tested. I didn't test anything else, there might be something that suits your computer better on Steam forums: Grand Theft Auto. Also try reducing your graphics options in GTA IV now that more graphic options have been added.

By the way the computer I tested has E4500, 2GB RAM, nVidia 7300 128MB or 256MB (I don't remember, it's a friends computer, I'll check the correct specs as soon as I talk to my friend and then edit this post). This computer used to have all missing textures and black sky, after using this command the computer still have the black sky problem but now most textures load correctly and it's playable.
Quote from Velociround :I'm really surprised by this patch, I've seen it right now and I was just going to post about it, I'm very excited about this patch and I think it's a big improvement over the last one.

For the missing textures, there's a command line which *should* solve the issue:
-availablevidmem 2
It will double the memory size of your graphics card by using some more RAM, and it used to solve most of the texture problems in the game for most people. May not solve it completely, but solves most problems on the computers I tested. I didn't test anything else, there might be something that suits your computer better on Steam forums: Grand Theft Auto. Also try reducing your graphics options in GTA IV now that more graphic options have been added.

By the way the computer I tested has E4500, 2GB RAM, nVidia 7300 128MB or 256MB (I don't remember, it's a friends computer, I'll check the correct specs as soon as I talk to my friend and then edit this post). This computer used to have all missing textures and black sky, after using this command the computer still have the black sky problem but now most textures load correctly and it's playable.

ill try that. 8.12 drivers finialy work, and i have no missing texture so far...
[proud] WOW...New patch + New GFX card makes loads of difference!:

Statistics
Average FPS: 34.12
Duration: 37.22 sec
CPU Usage: 74%
System memory usage: 58%
Video memory usage: 94%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1680 x 1050 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: High
Render Quality: Highest
Reflection Resolution: Very High
Water Quality: Very High
Shadow Quality: Very High
View Distance: 30
Detail Distance: 75
Definition: Off
VSync: Off

Hardware
Microsoft® Windows Vista" Ultimate
Service Pack 1
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+
Video Driver version: 181.20
Audio Adapter: Speakers (2- Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 )
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz

I know that the frame rates could be improved, but why lose the quality for something my eyes cant differentiate between??
That patch has helped quite a bit, I can now get a pretty solid 30fps running medium settings. I find the best thing to do is go with a lower resolution and less view distance, then you can increase the other options so the game looks a bit nicer.
I also have some improvement on the fps side, but shadows - even at highest - are still like airbrush from paint.

Statistics
Average FPS: 51.50
Duration: 37.05 sec
CPU Usage: 78%
System memory usage: 64%
Video memory usage: 96%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1280 x 768 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: Medium
Render Quality: Very High
Reflection Resolution: Very High
Water Quality: Very High
Shadow Quality: Very High
View Distance: 5
Detail Distance: 10
Definition: Off
VSync: On

Hardware
Microsoft® Windows Vista" Ultimate
Service Pack 1
Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
Video Driver version: 7.14.10.630
Audio Adapter: Speakers (Creative SB X-Fi)
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8200 @ 2.66GHz

File ID: benchmark.cli

Quote from RevengeR :I also have some improvement on the fps side, but shadows - even at highest - are still like airbrush from paint.

The shadows look like shit to me too, I'm using an nVidia card so I think we can assume that the shadows look like shit for everybody.

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG