The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
/me thinks R* ****ed up and released the wrong versions to the wrong places
Quote from (SaM) :plowing through pedestrians but surprisingly don't have a stream of blood underneath their lifeless bodies... doesn't really make it less violent.

I don't know, I once had a bad day of GTA 4 which got good by repainting the Dodge Charger R/T `69 looking thing red using mainly pedestrians...
I believe Im a sick mother******
haha, not tried that yet.

My favourite thing to do at the moment is to hit people and cars with the helicopter blades, which makes them fly into things at stupid speeds.
Quote from Crashgate3 :haha, not tried that yet.

My favourite thing to do at the moment is to hit people and cars with the helicopter blades, which makes them fly into things at stupid speeds.

yes yes yes
Quote from Riders Motion :I'm pissed off. I can't complete the misson where I have to go get Little J's drug which is kept by the Lost Bikers. Everytime the swat shows up I get killed.

I'm still stuck there. Can take a pic of what dougie-lampkin is talking about there? I can't find it!

Quote from dougie-lampkin :If you go into the big room near where you collect the package, you can climb onto the rafters and jump off the building. It takes a few goes to get it right, but once you're off you can run alongside the building without being shot at

It's been ages since I did that mission, but I _think_ you go right out the door of the room where you collect the package, you go straight until you reach the next room, then turn left into the big room. There's a barrel or something on the ground you can use to climb up on. It takes the police AGES to get there too
Use the SMG. Couple of shots to the head and the SWAT are dead, probably the best weapon in the game.
I just went back the way I came, shot everyone I encountered and took off in the car I came with.

And of course get an armour first.
Quote from sgt.flippy :I just went back the way I came, shot everyone I encountered and took off in the car I came with.

And of course get an armour first.

I went to that mission with half health (1/4 health on the radar) and no armor, and when I exited the building I was full on health and on armor (There's health and armor packs inside the building)
It's not difficult at all IMO. I didn't get shot at any time when doing this mission. I exited the building from the same door as I got into it (the front door), went to the closest car and ran out of there, not being shot at all.

Actually, I didn't need to get armor for any mission on GTA IV. I always did all missions with the same amount of health I had at the moment, didn't even bother eating some hot dogs or purchasing some ammo, weapons or armor for the missions during the whole game. I only went to a weapons store (besides the mission you need to get in one) when I finished the game... and I didn't purchase any weapons or ammo even after that
I only eat something when I am really low on health (i.e.: flashing on the radar).

I've finished GTA IV 3 times already, always doing the same thing. All of the weapons, ammo and armor I got during the whole game on the three times I finished were all got during the missions (after killing someone I always took his gun, if he had one). And I always had like 1200 M4 ammo, 900 SMG ammo, 1400 pistol ammo, 6 missiles and 6 granades. Plus anything else I could get for free

I don't think GTA IV is difficult. There should be a difficulty button like "easy, normal, hard", because it seems as some people find it too easy and some find it too difficult (a friend of mine can't drive a car without flying through the windscreen and dying, and it took me ages until I noticed we could fly through windscreens )

Some tasks that were incredibly difficult on the console are amazingly easy on the PC game. There's already a mod called "difficulty mod for GTA IV", but I think it makes the game too much punishing if you get shot or crash the car. Getting shot by a pistol makes Niko lose almost half his health, and if the person who shot Niko is close to him, it can be a fatal insta-death.
Quote from Velociround :
I've finished GTA IV 3 times already, always doing the same thing. All of the weapons, ammo and armor I got during the whole game on the three times I finished were all got during the missions (after killing someone I always took his gun, if he had one). And I always had like 1200 M4 ammo, 900 SMG ammo, 1400 pistol ammo, 6 missiles and 6 granades. Plus anything else I could get for free

I

Fake, M4 maximum is 570 Ammo, SMG 1300+, Pistol 1400 yeah...
Quote from chanoman315 :Fake, M4 maximum is 570 Ammo, SMG 1300+, Pistol 1400 yeah...

No. Actually, you can get ammo from M4 plus AK-47.
Try it: get a M4, kill someone who's got a AK-47, and, while looking at how many ammo you have, walk over his gun. You'll notice your ammo has increased, even though you didn't pick his gun. Plus, that "bip" sound will play. Or you can make even better, buy a AK-47, purchase ammo until it says it's full, and then purchase a M4 and get even more ammo for it. You'll end up with much more than 1000 ammo for the gun, and even more can be taken from enemies weapons.

This can also be done for SMG and TEC. These guns share the same ammo, so you can use M4 ammo on AK-47 and the other way round. The total ammount of ammo you can have is added, not shared. This means you can have full M4 and still get more ammo, as long as it's from the other weapon.
Quote from Velociround :Some tasks that were incredibly difficult on the console are amazingly easy on the PC game. There's already a mod called "difficulty mod for GTA IV", but I think it makes the game too much punishing if you get shot or crash the car. Getting shot by a pistol makes Niko lose almost half his health, and if the person who shot Niko is close to him, it can be a fatal insta-death.

You mean like... in REAL LIFE??
Quote from Riders Motion :You mean like... in REAL LIFE??

This is only a problem when Niko gets shot on, for example, his foot
Believe me, dying because Niko was shot on his foot or on his hand is very embarassing
The races I've found are a bit of a joke. I won in a bus, when everyone else was driving supercars.
Quote from chanoman315 :Fake, M4 maximum is 570 Ammo, SMG 1300+, Pistol 1400 yeah...

i have 1441 pistol ammo :O i think it isnt the limit
i said M4 and i tried your techniue velociround.. doesnt work
On the subject of mag capacity for the 9mm...think again, I currently got 1450+...cos I never use the pistol

Only posting cos I am pi$$ed off..just did the "rescue the cousin from the warehouse full of mobsters episode"...killed the mafiosi, rescued the cousin, got in the car...then hit a bloody gas canister on the way out and blew myself up ...got to do the whole bloody thing again!
this is getting boring... would be cool if out of nothing a commando of mafia guys come to you like with 3 cars and try to kill you, that kind of stuff, or getting into a gang zone and they attack you... not just.. ummm nothing after you completed the missions.
Quote from chanoman315 :this is getting boring... would be cool if out of nothing a commando of mafia guys come to you like with 3 cars and try to kill you, that kind of stuff, or getting into a gang zone and they attack you... not just.. ummm nothing after you completed the missions.

Start random crime sprees? Go for a drive?

I do that in Oblivion all the time, see how wanted I can get before I get killed
I hate the cops, i want something more Mafia type
Go to the hove beach border and fire a single shot
Finally managed to do that jump from the 3rd island over to the middle one this evening. Very satisfying
There is going to be a knight rider mod released for IV

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG