The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
Quote from sil3ntwar :So buy the cheaper 360 and get the addon pack worth another 20 hours later in the year? Why people would pick the PS3 over 360 for this game i just dont understand.

me, because the 360 is kidnapped by brothers who are freaked with CoD4. Now the game doesnt work (CoD) because it has been used a lot.
Lucky me i have 3,w,p,x
I just looked at a gameplay clip on youtube, they are going under the name cod4 so it takes longer for them to be spotted and removed. The clip was Niko taking Roman out for a drink, then trying to drive him home afterwards, it was hilarious. It took about a minute for the guy to even walk up to the car door, then he hit just about every object on the way back.

Here is a funny bit of gameplay for you...*contains mature crap and needs age thingy*

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33337.html
For 18 + only! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... m/showthread.php?t=136099 :headbang::bowdown:

These guys deserve a medal for this game! Awesome! Can't wait for this to come out for PC, i promise i'll buy the original, cause these guys deserve that Even better, i wish PC games were hard to crack as the console versions, so people would only buy good stuff and would apreciate games more...

and btw, Niko Belic is.... SERBIAN..
You might wanna stick a NSFW (or minors) notification on that post.........
Quote from danowat :You might wanna stick a NSFW (or minors) notification on that post.........

Yes, sorry bout that..
Some how I've got that strange feeling that a massive new story about kids killing hookers, selling drugs and shooting cops is heading right this way. Maybe I should buy this game just in case it gets banned and new laws are made just to prevent any other games than tetris being legal to play and own.

or or
Indeed, you can hear the whine of the daily mails typewriters going into overdrive....
Quote from Hyperactive :Some how I've got that strange feeling that a massive new story about kids killing hookers, selling drugs and shooting cops is heading right this way. Maybe I should buy this game just in case it gets banned and new laws are made just to prevent any other games than tetris being legal to play and own.

or or

That's what worries me too, there will probably be more school shootings in the US and other messed up things..
im running out to asda at midnight to get this, been looking forward to this since 2004, cant believe its finally here.
Quote from Boris Lozac :That's what worries me too, there will probably be more school shootings in the US and other messed up things..

That is imho totally bs claim . I don't want to take this thread offtopic but surely people who are likely to do those things are first maniacs and then get interested about games like gta? Gta doesn't make you shoot anyone but if you like shooting and have mental problems you will most likely play a lot war games.

Maybe a gun crazy (what's the correct term anyway?) likes to play "killing games" because he can make his fantasies come true and do what he has always wanted to do. A normal gamer just wants to do it in a game because it doesn't harm no one...

(come on, we have had the 9/11 discussions, the god discussions, gun control discussions, the israel and holy wars and evil evil evil (kinda, well) evil palestinians discussions. What about a proper text based battle about video games and violence - it's a guaranteed classic!)
People still panic about games turing people into murderers, despite the fact that every single study ever conducted on the subject has shown that violent computer games do not turn people violent. Then you have the parents that are so terrified that they might actually have to sit down and talk to their kids about sex, that they want to ban sexual references from everything.

I say we ban parents, they cause all of the problems, they cause school shootings. Why do you think kids go and shoot up a school? Maybe because they are ignored, maybe the parents are too busy with their life to realise their child has problems. But its easier to blame computer games, one question for you all, we have all seen the videos posted after these school shootings, of the shooter explaining why they did it...how many of them say "Its all because of that violent video game, it made me do it". I guess someone let Bin Laden play GTA when he was a kid, or maybe Microsoft Flight Simulator with a New York mod so he could fly into buildings. Oh no wait a minute he lives in caves and is still hell bent on killing thousands of innocent people, lets ban caves.
Before computer games no-one was ever killed, ever, for any reason.

I always find it odd that you can find quite ridiculously grisly tales of murder and sex in books, and yet because books are 'good' if anyone tried to put ratings on them there would be uproar. It's also strange that that kind of thinking doesn't extend to graphic novels.
Anyone pre order from HMV and received yet. I've had a look at the Royal Mail tracker (9am next day delivery) and always says to come back later as it has not arrived at sorting centre.

Guaranteed delivery tomorrow is not looking good
Quote from Crashgate3 :Before computer games no-one was ever killed, ever, for any reason.

I always find it odd that you can find quite ridiculously grisly tales of murder and sex in books, and yet because books are 'good' if anyone tried to put ratings on them there would be uproar. It's also strange that that kind of thinking doesn't extend to graphic novels.

You know when books like that first started to come on the scene the same thing happened, people blamed the books for murders and violence. Then films came around and it was the same story, and suddenly everyone forgot about the books. Then computer games came, and now we have full front nudity, loads of gore, and explicit sexual references in 15 rated films. So when holographic rooms like we see on Star Trek are invented, they will forget about video games.
Tried my luck today and managed to convince the guys in a local videogame store to hand me out a copy one day earlier.

Screw you guys... i'm going to play GTA4 now!!!
One of you guys who has the game can answer this question for me, can you go to the pub and get drunk online? If you can do that in free-roam then it would be awesome, drunk driver racing anyone?
Haven't played but all the reports on multiplayer is that free roam is free roam same as single player. So from that I would imagine yes you can pull over at a bar.
Ye, within' few hours i'll have my pre-ordered GTA IV CANT WAIT AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
I won't bother with going online so far. GTA is too legend/epic-like, that i would do anything else than going through the story first. Even tho, online will rule if the netcode is good.

I've played about one and a half hour into the story so far. Half of it was messing around and getting familiar with the controls. And i must say... it's hard to find the right words. It's hard to describe all this awesomeness with a few sentences... it would end up in a looong post i guess.

So let's keep it simple...

It's EPIC!!!!

Car physics are very good by the way. Of course, still arcade like... but they are much closer to real life behaviour now. Maybe a little exaggerated (ok, a lot), but they look damn good. I took a nice 4wd pickup to the beach for example... you leave "marks" in the sand. Not just skid marks... like... tracks? I also found a group of rocks, and tried how the "offroad physics" would be regarding "rock climbing"... let me just say, it works... and it looks damn good (suspension is simulated really good)!

If you have played Crackdown before... the car physics are a bit similar, but greatly improved and still GTA style.

The best part is crash physics...
Accidents feel and look like accidents (speaking of cars... and pedestrians (ragdoll anyone?), yikes!). Or lets say you take a few newspaper stands and mailboxes etc with you, on your way on the sidewalk, it looks just mind blowing!!!

And now it's time to stop... i'm going towards the long post mentioned above...

*back to GTA*
Build-up
My female friends are absolutely sick with people talking about this game. Every time they hear the words Grand Theft Auto, they sigh and you can actually see their minds drift off into a world of shoes and make-up.

Whereas all the guys I know are just speculating and generally having a great time psyching each other out before they get the game. The build up is nearly as good as the game itself, I believe!
GTA 4 is disponible l'ets go !
I'm doomed to only about 2 hours of GTA a week. I'm only going to be allowed to play when my brother isn't home.
kill your brother and blame gta

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG