The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
#26 - JJ72
well most of san andreas is jungle, desert and grasslands. if they keep the size but increase the density it will still be very impressive.
Quote from Scrabby :u know how big SA was,

Quote from jegorchangai :Its been confirmed the map will be SMALLER then Gta San andreas but will be much more detailed, you can go into more buildings etc.

And to be honest, SA was not all that big.
Quote from MAGGOT :

And to be honest, SA was not all that big.

true.
take a look at TDU
eww, while talking of it, i guess i go and drive my Jaguar XJ220 again...im addicted (oh and stuck at 86% cuz i dont have the multiplayer stuff done yet).
I think I'll go drive my Aston Martin DB7 Zagato.. god I love that car!
Now I'm already looking forward to the modding capabilities of GTA And I pray for interior view driving and smarter traffic. I enjoy GTA the most with wheel and pedals set up and interior view mod, cruising around!
Quote from sgt.flippy :Now I'm already looking forward to the modding capabilities of GTA And I pray for interior view driving and smarter traffic. I enjoy GTA the most with wheel and pedals set up and interior view mod, cruising around!

could you explain how you've set your wheel and pedals up? because i can only get my wheel to work. and what's that interior view mod?
Quote from Mikkel Petersen :could you explain how you've set your wheel and pedals up? because i can only get my wheel to work. and what's that interior view mod?

Seconded
Quote from sgt.flippy :Now I'm already looking forward to the modding capabilities of GTA And I pray for interior view driving and smarter traffic. I enjoy GTA the most with wheel and pedals set up and interior view mod, cruising around!

I'm not really sure why you would want to do this, as the controls are completely optimised for a console gamepad and not a wheel.

In fact, I'm not sure why you would want to even play this game on a PC at all. The game is designed for consoles; leaning back on the couch and going postal for hours on end. Just as it should be.

The PC is designed for in depth sims, strategy and FPS. Let the consoles have their time in the sun with the awesomeness that is the GTA franchise.
There are some mods for san andreas that can alter the view, I'll try to look it up. There is also a little prog that emulates the pedals and with quite a bit of settings to put up, you can use pedals and wheel. It's quite fun, but for really in-game use I don't recommend it. I even had my dfp setup for cars and my logitech gamepad for airplanes, bikes and walking around

Already found it: Toca edit
This guy makes all kinds of mods for especially toca and RBR, but there are some useful mods for GTA too. Those haven't been updated since 2006, but that's because the mods are finished. Don't get back to me on this one, but with the latest patch for GTA SA some of the mods did no longer work, because of a difference in memory usage.

I just say it even has a live for speed drift and g-meter gauge! (yuck)
Quote from farcar :I'm not really sure why you would want to do this, as the controls are completely optimised for a console gamepad and not a wheel.

In fact, I'm not sure why you would want to even play this game on a PC at all. The game is designed for consoles; leaning back on the couch and going postal for hours on end. Just as it should be.

The PC is designed for in depth sims, strategy and FPS. Let the consoles have their time in the sun with the awesomeness that is the GTA franchise.

You can't mod a console game (not as easily anyways). If you have a gamepad and a comfy chair, or a nearby couch you can do the same thing on the computer anyways. I have both GTA3 and VC for the computer, and VC and SA for PS2. I won't be buying a PS3 (at least not in the forseeable future) so I'll buy it for the computer. 'Sides, my computer screen is 6 inches larger than my TV
Quote from farcar :In fact, I'm not sure why you would want to even play this game on a PC at all.

Because I don't own a console?
Quote from sgt.flippy :

thank you, somehow i totally forgot this thread. i'm definitely going to try it out later today.
"Told ya'll I was gonna bump like this..."

I need a prediction wizard for the GTA IV.. Anyone knows aproximately when we could expect a PC version? and second.. i'm uprgrading my PC to C2D E6550 2,33 ghz, 8600 GT GLH and two gigs of DDR II 800 ram so i was wondering will i be able to play it in at least medium details at 1024x768?
That and Mafia II are the only 2 games i'm really interested and that are worth the upgrade, (alongside PES and LFS with 32 cars @ 60 fps )
I haven't been familiar with the PC market and game demands for a while, but i was wondering will this be enough to play those two..
Quote from Boris Lozac :"Told ya'll I was gonna bump like this..."

I need a prediction wizard for the GTA IV.. Anyone knows aproximately when we could expect a PC version? and second.. i'm uprgrading my PC to C2D E6550 2,33 ghz, 8600 GT GLH and two gigs of DDR II 800 ram so i was wondering will i be able to play it in at least medium details at 1024x768?
That and Mafia II are the only 2 games i'm really interested and that are worth the upgrade, (alongside PES and LFS with 32 cars @ 60 fps )
I haven't been familiar with the PC market and game demands for a while, but i was wondering will this be enough to play those two..

should handle them fine at that res with medium gfx settings
Would you push it maybe 8600GTS or even better 8800GTS ?
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :Would you push it maybe 8600GTS or even better 8800GTS ?

Well, no.. it's already expensive enough with C2D and fancy motherboard and ram.. I hope it will work, i won't be upgrading again for at least 3 years..
Awesome bumpage!!!

I have to say I'm really excited about this game - I love Grand Theft Auto and the series definitely ranks in my top 5 best games of all time. From looking at this preview of the game, I'm just waiting for April 29th. I just cannot wait for it at all!

Anyone else as excited as me, or am I horribly alone?
Quote from XCNuse :
sounds Russian to me
oh lord, its setting is New York, I wonder how large the map will be this time :O

From what I read, he's not exactly Russian (though Niko is obviously Nikolai) but Romanian or something like that...close enough...

and about the map size, I have heard that is should take you an hour to run from one part of the map to the other...but on the other hand it's going to be smaller then San Andreas, since planes are excluded as there won't be enough space to use them...

Quote from farcar :I'm not really sure why you would want to do this, as the controls are completely optimised for a console gamepad

like mouse and keyboard?
you really should try these games on PC, much better controls
The soundtrack will probably be shite though. Vice City was the only game in the GTA series that actually has nice music.
Quote from deggis :I'm suspicious about this until I see some real gamelpay vids. How many times game devs have given empty promises about "totally free game world" and so on...

Mafia still owns all so far released GTA games And what comes to pure style, it will probably own this IV too.

I think this GTA will own Mafia, because they are going away from the cheesy pickups and going towards more gritty realistic gameplay and cutscenes. I agree that it went downhill after Vice City, SA was really dull for me and just had a generic 'gangsta' feel with a weak story.
Quote from Mikkel Petersen :could you explain how you've set your wheel and pedals up? because i can only get my wheel to work. and what's that interior view mod?

Really? For me that worked out of the box, i had to unplug my wheel when walking because i could not walk a straight line with my wheel connected.
Now here's something intresting

GTA IV Wiki

Quote :Heavy fire will scar - and permanently destroy - parts of the environment. It is possible to shoot through walls with powerful weapons.

This is the best part though...

Jack Thompson filed a document with a federal court in Florida that claims that the assassination target of a mission in GTA IV is a lawyer character based upon himself. When the main protagonist enters his office and pulls a gun on him, the lawyer yells "Guns don't kill people! Video games do!"

...Jack Thompson is a right tart.
I'm very interested to see what they manage in GTA IV as the title I'm working on is loosely similar to GTA style, I know our technology beats GTA:SA so I'm curious to see how far we can move things on, seeing as we're developing for the same platform(s) we're constrained by the same hardware limits.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :This is the best part though...

Jack Thompson filed a document with a federal court in Florida that claims that the assassination target of a mission in GTA IV is a lawyer character based upon himself. When the main protagonist enters his office and pulls a gun on him, the lawyer yells "Guns don't kill people! Video games do!"

Haha, brilliant ! I'm looking forward to GTA IV already!

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG