The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
Played any of his adventure games? They're not bad. 5 Days a Stranger and the sequels were pretty good, decent characters and fun horror themes. Not sure what he's doing these days.
Quote from chanoman315 :I have a bug... i dunno easter egg?, but when you invite brucie or brucie invites you to powerboat, he tells "Let's go to the statue of freedom". And my subtitles say "Statue of happiness"

I belive it tells you that so you know where to go.
In a heli one he tells you to goto the big balls or penis building or something like that aka "Empire state building"
Quote from AstroBoy :I belive it tells you that so you know where to go.
In a heli one he tells you to goto the big balls or penis building or something like that aka "Empire state building"

there's one monument that is like that in the park.
I know its quite late so im not expecting an instant reply, but does anyone know why i get 4 stars when going into the airport, even if i follow the road indicated on the map?

After finishing the game, and playing it, im a little dissapointed in some aspects, but its mainly the cops.

For example, there was a shootout between 3 guys and 2 cops. Eventually, the cops car blew up from the shots. As i walked past it, a civilian knocked the cop car into me setting me on fire. Then the police radio came on saying "Burn victim on xxx street" and then the police came after me!! WTF! If im burning, dont arrest me, HELP ME!! So, as i was helplessly flaling about on the floor, i got 2 stars and got shot to death. It just seems to me that you dont get as much freedom as you did in SA. I miss flying up and down the airport or cruising around in it. But now, i cant even follow the indicated roads without getting 4 stars? wtf is all that about?

Overall, i do love this game and play it regularly, but it seem;s the police are TOO strict for a free roaming game. I mean, ffs, you cant even purposely set yourself on fire without getting wanted by the police!
I expect in your example the actual victim they were talking may have been the civilian rather than you.
And besides, that would be the call for an ambulance, not an excuse to shop shooting. You don't die instantly when you're on fire and you can survive by diving into water, so you are still a threat

Can't explain the airport thing though, unless it's a restricted area or something (I've not got there yet).
The cops are booring as hell, there's just too many off them! A man can't steal a car nowadays..
The airport is a restricted area. Im assuming at some point in the game you will be allowed to enter the airport, but I havent got that far yet. Im still trying to finish the bank robbery with Packie, bastards kill me every time!
Quote from Boris Lozac :The cops are booring as hell, there's just too many off them! A man can't steal a car nowadays..

I rarely have a problem stealing a car. You just need to make sure there's no cars or beat cops in sight when you do it - and remember even if you abandon it without breaking in, they will still chase you.

The other option is to fire a few shots into the air to get their attention in one place, then sneak round the side and grab a car while they're not looking But it's not like it's hard to lose them with a 1-star rating.

Quote from th84 :The airport is a restricted area. Im assuming at some point in the game you will be allowed to enter the airport, but I havent got that far yet. Im still trying to finish the bank robbery with Packie, bastards kill me every time!

That mission was an absolute pig. I can give you some advice if you want, but I'm not posting spoilers here
I havent really given it a whole lot of effort. I think ive tried it three or four times and a couple of those of those were without body armour. Somebody told me that there was body armour scattered throughout the mission, but I cant ever seem to find any without turning myself into swiss cheese.

Ill get it eventually, thanks for the offer though!

My friend works at a video game store and he gave me the cheat book, I just dont like using those. (Ive only used it to see what my dates like to do so I can be sure Ill be able to go home with some panties! OH NIKO< TELL ME MORE INTERESTING THINGS!!)
It's classic GTA, the game itself is unbelievably easy, yet it's so frustrating as you constantly get jammed on things or he runs around like a lunatic whilst you're trying to stop the view spinning.

The bank robbery mission is pretty good, just make sure you stay in cover, and use nades if you have any.
Airport always restricted finished the game and its still evil.
Cops i have to agree i spun my car and a cop was laughing at me, lets just say he wont be laughing at me anymore.

Donno GTA4 is just so strangely great at times.

Like before i was in the hospital starting a shootout getting a 5 star wanted level, so i run out of it avoid the helicopter shooting at me, i had no health i get into a car, the helicopter starts shooting at me and nails me through the roof. I MEAN COME ON! i almost got away
illepall

You didn't want to wait in line when they handed out the brains?
Quote from jibber :illepall

agreed
Quote from jibber :illepall

Are you talking to me?? lol You like my videos???
Very much! Was it that obvious? :banghead:
Quote from G!NhO :I made some gta video's

http://nl.youtube.com/user/GVVJG

You are the kind of person that people just fall in love with and admire anytime they see your clever videos on youtube. I wouldn't be suprised if you were signed up to do a big Hollywood comedy, the build up and hype would be amazing and people will pay millions to watch it thinking it will be the best film ever made, then it will just be a film of you wanking in a sock with crappy techno music over it.
lol i am imaging the sock LOL
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :You are the kind of person that people just fall in love with and admire anytime they see your clever videos on youtube. I wouldn't be suprised if you were signed up to do a big Hollywood comedy, the build up and hype would be amazing and people will pay millions to watch it thinking it will be the best film ever made, then it will just be a film of you wanking in a sock

fixed it
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :You are the kind of person that people just fall in love with and admire anytime they see your clever videos on youtube. I wouldn't be suprised if you were signed up to do a big Hollywood comedy, the build up and hype would be amazing and people will pay millions to watch it thinking it will be the best film ever made, then it will just be a film of you wanking in a sock with crappy techno music over it.

lol i am just a normal person, i was with a mate and we didn't knew what to do so we made those vids :P haha
Quote from Scrabby :lol i am imaging the sock LOL

yes oww what nice, now try to imangine you wanking in a sock
like this?
Attached images
spun.jpg
No comment.

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG