The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
Anyone else finding GTA IV getting boring now? Faster than the usual GTA, I am back to playing San Andreas...
I was playing Liberty City Stories on PSP yesterday, and was amazed at how bad it looks compared to IV. When it came out first, I was amazed at how great the graphics were, for a handheld. But now the lack of AA/AF, the old physics and the repetitive traffic/pedestrians really stands out
Quote from spacedskunk :Anyone else finding GTA IV getting boring now? Faster than the usual GTA, I am back to playing San Andreas...

Nope
i am still enjoying the wonders of the ragdoll physics
Rockstar devs rox!
Quote from Scrabby :i am still enjoying the wonders of the ragdoll physics
Rockstar devs rox!

I still lol everytime I hit a pedestrian at speed and they shoot through the air and smack into something
I still enjoy this game a lot. The driving physics... ragdoll physics, damage model... it's simply too much fun to get old quickly.

Who else thinks GTA4 has the best car damage model (yes, compared to all other car/driving games, including LFS :razz?

However, there are things i'm really missing in GTA4...

What about the military for example? Tanks anyone? What about car tuning shops? Buying property? Etcetc... you get the idea. IMO they left out soo many fun features from previous GTA titles.

It's not such a big deal after all. It's still an epic game. But sometimes, with all those things missing, it feels like GTA4 "Prologue".
Quote from jibber :it feels like GTA4 "Prologue".

Who says it isn't just a prologue, and they'll release another one in 6 month's time
You don't really believe that, do you?
Heh, why not
Quote from jibber :I still enjoy this game a lot. The driving physics... ragdoll physics, damage model... it's simply too much fun to get old quickly.

Who else thinks GTA4 has the best car damage model (yes, compared to all other car/driving games, including LFS :razz?

However, there are things i'm really missing in GTA4...

What about the military for example? Tanks anyone? What about car tuning shops? Buying property? Etcetc... you get the idea. IMO they left out soo many fun features from previous GTA titles.

It's not such a big deal after all. It's still an epic game. But sometimes, with all those things missing, it feels like GTA4 "Prologue".

Yer it feels like they've stripped it back to GTA3, but then it's completely rewritten. That's not a great description because it's a truely awesome game.

Apparently they took a lot of things out to make it a more enjoyable game for more people, less complicated if you like.
well, i found out that atm,
Spoiler - click to reveal i just got to the second island cuz mu house burnt down, so i still got 1 house...
I CANNOT find an ingame screenshot (i.e. one with the HUD) - All I get are ones that look edited or from a movie sequence.

I would love to be proved wrong...
I actually have to say i found coming towards the end of the game the missions were just a chore, then again i havnt really enjoyed the game since the first time i turned it on, was more concentrated on finishing it.

I guess ill have a better looking at it tomorrow...maybe

Oh well its fun and then it ends
it shows the difference between the graphics of the 2 games though

EDIT: actually some of those video clips are proper in-game footage with the 'action camera'
I don't remember GTA SA looking that bad at all - If I can ever get my t'interweb working i'll re-install it and check...
Actually, the cut scenes in IV are supposed to be rendered the exact same as in-game
it is the same as ingame and so were they in GTA SA iirc
i got my ps3 today infact im writting this with the ps3 so the internet works , dunno when ill be getting gta 4 tho...
Quote from Jakg :I CANNOT find an ingame screenshot (i.e. one with the HUD) - All I get are ones that look edited or from a movie sequence.

GTA doesn't use pre-rendered movie scenes. Any animated cut scenes are generated in real-time by the game engine, and look the same as the gameplay itself. The same goes for all the trailers for GTA4. They're rendered in real-time, so although they're well edited and nicely scored, they represent the game itself.

http://www.gta4.net/trailers/
I have a bug... i dunno easter egg?, but when you invite brucie or brucie invites you to powerboat, he tells "Let's go to the statue of freedom". And my subtitles say "Statue of happiness"
GTA IV - A Review
That guy is piss funny, think I watched 3 or 4 of them. Going to go through everyone he's done later.

Yea, Yahtzee is great. Been watching since the beginning

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG