The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
Quote from Velociround :He also said my mobo doesn't run the E8400 because of the new 45nm or something technology.

Quite possibly. If you're lucky, your mobo will have a BIOS update available which will enable support for the 45nm processors. If not, then you'll need a new mobo to use one of the aforementioned 45nm CPUs.

=/
Quote from Velociround :You mean this processor doesn't pass the recommended specs or it passes but the remaining of your computer didn't?

well i got axactly the same results as this pic below i only my CPU and RAM failed.

Quote from BlakjeKaas :

=/

Imo it's utterly retarded that you have to have Vista to get high score on some aspects there, tho it should be ok for gaming the difference ain't that big it should be meantionworthy factor.

Neverthelss my system should run it fine, maybe not on full but at least fair good look & flowing
Quote from G!NhO :well i got axactly the same results as this pic below i only my CPU and RAM failed.

Hm... so I bet it's better for me to buy the Q6600?
How much does it cost in your country (anyone can answer that)?
Here in Brazil the less expensive one costs US$300
(and the most expensive Q6600 costs US$700 :jawdrop: )
Quote from The Very End :Imo it's utterly retarded that you have to have Vista to get high score on some aspects there,

If you mean that systemlabs test your wrong. You get full rating on xp sp3 and vista sp1.
Quote from Velociround :Hm... so I bet it's better for me to buy the Q6600?
How much does it cost in your country (anyone can answer that)?
Here in Brazil the less expensive one costs US$300
(and the most expensive Q6600 costs US$700 :jawdrop: )

the Q6600 costs 226 U.S. dollars here in holland, and the E8400 costs 200 U.S. dollars.
Quote from G!NhO :the Q6600 costs 226 U.S. dollars here in holland, and the E8400 costs 200 U.S. dollars.

I can get the Q6600 for 160€(204$) and the E8400 for 150€(192$) here in good old germany.
I got my Q6600 for €170, they're down to €160 now though. E8400 is about €150 though, so not much between them
ooow wait i got my E8400 for €142,- 3 to 4 months back, its more expansive now lol
It's €149 for the tray in HVS, and they're about the cheapest on parts in Europe. They are cheaper in Newegg, but then there's US shipping on top of that On Ebay they're all going for €170-180 ish.
Attached images
E8400.jpg
Quote from pipa :If you mean that systemlabs test your wrong. You get full rating on xp sp3 and vista sp1.

? I have Sp3 and got like 2.5bars for total 5 or something.
Same got my buddy, witch has a completely new computer, goes crysis on dx10 without lag ever, but the bottleneck seems to be the operative system, if you are to belive the test result.

But other than that it's a superb test witch truelly is helpfull, just don't agree with all this vista fuzz, but thats me
Really? Kinda weird, but as i still have sp2 i was just guessing.

I still think its gonna run about as good on xp as it will on vista.
Yepp, that's why it's so ..frustrating Ofc vista is at some parts better and faster in gaming, but the difference isn't big enough (not at least in my eyes) to half the score on operative system just because you can't run fancy bling dx10 on vista :P

Neverthless, I'll test GTA4 on my computer before I saying anything certain, I know it will run, just might not _that_ good :P
GTA 4 PC thread.
December 2nd.

It's almost here!

any comments?
yay, finally something to make use of my quad core This version looks like its gonna crap all over the console versions.
Quote from chanoman315 :Yes, there's another thread about it:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=24257&page=20

I think he wanted to make a PC exclusive version of the topic.

Anyway, I can't wait for it. I'll buy GTA IV on Steam, seems like it's going to take a few more weeks for the box to arrive on Brazil (that IF it arrives), so I better buy on Steam anyway

ps: US$49.99. And if you buy now, you'll receive completely for free the full GTA Vice City version to play until GTA IV arrives on Steam, December 2nd.
ps2: damn! The dollar is too expensive now, It'll cost R$140 (140 brazil reais) on steam. (the normal price for buying the box on Brazil is R$100 (every game), and the normal price for buying on Steam is R$50~R$60, depending from the game. But GTA IV costs R$140!!)
Does GTA use fully quad core support? If not Dual Core still would run better, since most other game don't support quad core atm.
GTA 4 is so 6 months ago
Quote from danowat :GTA 4 is so 6 months ago

+1, lost count how many times i comepleted it but still going to try pc version
I only completed it the once, still yet to find all pidgeons and stunt jumps for 1000GS on the xbox as yet, one day though

It's a VERY good game IMO, it's just a shame it took them so long to release a PC version.
Quote from danowat :It's a VERY good game IMO, it's just a shame it took them so long to release a PC version.

It's always been the way, it used to be badged as a PS2 exclusive then details would emerge of the PC release the following November.

It will be far better than the console versions anyway, apparently 'Low Detail' is the same level as the PS3/360 versions from things I have read online.
Quote from Velociround :I can't wait for it. I'll buy GTA IV on Steam,

It's weird to find someone for whom Steam is the fast way to get a game...
why not? start downloading before you go to bed, wake up next morning, and it's there.

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG