The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
like 10 pages of technical problems ... booriing
Quote from chanoman315 :like 10 pages of technical problems ... booriing

...and the point of that post?

Anyway, back on topic. Modding is hitting GTA IV in quite a big way, at last! Car mods are out there, just starting to trickle out, no doubt over the next few months there'll be enough car mods out there to replace every in-game car! Some very nice looking mods and tweaks out there, I've re-installed GTA IV on my home PC and intend to check out some of the mods tonight.
AFAIK there's a big fuss over at gtaforums about R* disabling modding in one of the patches
Quote from DieKolkrabe :AFAIK there's a big fuss over at gtaforums about R* disabling modding in one of the patches

I'm using 1.0.4.0 and it gets modded quite easily... actually I just changed the files I wanted and it worked lol. I didn't need to do anything else.
How can I get GTA IV working normaly on some decent graphics?

4GD DDR3
9700m GT 512MB
Intel T9400 @ 2.5Ghz dual core
By having a totally different computer.
Since yesterday I get this : "You must be connected to Games For Windows - LIVE to access multiplayer"

I bought it like a week ago. It was working, but not anymore. Still working on my laptop. Same cd key and DVD's used to install.
I tried to reinstall game and GFWL several times, didn't work...
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Just thought i would post this video for some fun. Apologies if it has been posted before, but going through over 31 pages would be abit of a kafuffle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN2Esd5mK_0

Pretty amusing. What I find odd, though, is that I've never heard a lot of the lines Niko uses in that vid. I would think they'd be the same over all platforms Unless they weren't actually taken from the game but just some guy impersonating Niko?
Quote from obsolum :Pretty amusing. What I find odd, though, is that I've never heard a lot of the lines Niko uses in that vid. I would think they'd be the same over all platforms Unless they weren't actually taken from the game but just some guy impersonating Niko?

Actually, I've already heard all of them in GTA IV PC.
Quote from Velociround :Actually, I've already heard all of them in GTA IV PC.

ive heard them all in xbox version too
Quote from obsolum :Pretty amusing. What I find odd, though, is that I've never heard a lot of the lines Niko uses in that vid. I would think they'd be the same over all platforms Unless they weren't actually taken from the game but just some guy impersonating Niko?

I've heard them all. There from in-game, and mission video's. Im guessing that on the PC version, you can gain access to the sounds individually from inside the CD.

If you notice, niko is not actually saying the words. Its just an audio clip layered over the top. Still a very funny video though imo.
Quote from batteryy :ive heard them all in xbox version too

Hmm, I must have a faulty memory then or something
Quote from obsolum :Hmm, I must have a faulty memory then or something

really, what of those havent you heard?
I don't remember them all exactly and I don't feel like watching the video again, but "Stay the **** down!" and "Stay ****ing down!" I don't think I've ever heard him say. I could be wrong, though. I suppose if he only says it during one specific mission it's reasonable to believe that I just don't remember it
Quote from obsolum :I don't remember them all exactly and I don't feel like watching the video again, but "Stay the **** down!" and "Stay ****ing down!" I don't think I've ever heard him say. I could be wrong, though. I suppose if he only says it during one specific mission it's reasonable to believe that I just don't remember it

Actually, most of them aren't from missions... I've heard almost all of them while free roaming. He says "Stay the **** down" and similar ones when you shoot someone who is already wasted and trying to get up.
Quote from Velociround :Actually, most of them aren't from missions... I've heard almost all of them while free roaming. He says "Stay the **** down" and similar ones when you shoot someone who is already wasted and trying to get up.

yeah, also some that you might not know is ''start ****ing start!!'' that comes when you crash your car badly an try to start. didnt notice till few weeks, never driven so badly that ive needed to hear it
Quote from batteryy :yeah, also some that you might not know is ''start ****ing start!!'' that comes when you crash your car badly an try to start. didnt notice till few weeks, never driven so badly that ive needed to hear it

I hear that like 2x per 10 minutes.
Just dial a number and you're ready to go!
Quote from Bose321 :I hear that like 2x per 10 minutes.
Just dial a number and you're ready to go!

wasnt it that you call to 911, and your car magically starts?

*spoiler*
^ Spoiler alert!
Dial any number (i.e just press 5 & dial) and the car will magically start!

Spoilz aboves! ^^
Quote from batteryy :wasnt it that you call to 911, and your car magically starts?

*spoiler*

Just bring up the phone and press a random number then call. The car will magically roar to life again!
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Yep

well, this guy just ruined it by quiting my post
but i always tougb you had to call 911, altrough ive done it only once. i never crash my cars that bad

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG