The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
Quote from scoobyrbac :If you torrent the 360 version, could you use it for the PC?

No. Just no.

The 360 Emulator will be slow as hell i'd imagine too.
Quote from Jakg :No. Just no.

The 360 Emulator will be slow as hell i'd imagine too.

I was thinking about trying it but I didn't want to waste an hour of downloading and did want to waste any bandwidth we are paying for.
And because you would never pirate software.
Quote from Jakg :And because you would never pirate software.

I wanted to know so I could download it for now and wait for the PC version to come out.
Quote from Jakg :And because you would never pirate software.

Exactly
I hardly bought Vista lol
If you want to risk your entire OS on M$ deciding it's time to stop cheapskates getting a free ride then so be it, but i'd say that £60 for an OS that will last me a fair few years was worth it.
I have pirated OS for awhile now, so once they take XP off everything i'll still have backup's...But it's very rare when I pirate stuff. I only have it when I can't find a PC game that I want that's in stores, so I just download it.

And I just pirate games sometimes to see if it is worth buying the game or not.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :In previous GTA titles (Ahem, San Andreas), the solution to most missions was to run in with a big gun and shoot everyone. Which is ok. But in IV, I think that you have to plan a lot of stuff better. I'll put this bit in white, as it's a mission in the game...(but doesn't ruin the ending >_<)

I just shoot the 1st guy, then grenades... and everyone dies
I've only downloaded Vista for my PC (it's for a dual-boot anyway, so I don't really use it that much...). I bought XP (4 times already lol), I bought Vista for my laptop. I'm sick of shelling out big money for games/software/music, so I pirate the odd few. I'm not cheap, I do pay for what I consider to be worth it. It's not like big companies are making a loss

It's not £60 over here anyway. Last time I checked (when I bought it for my laptop 6 months ago) it was €200 just for Home Basic. Considering it's really still in Beta stage (you can't call that a finished product. It really enforces the "Hey, it compiles! Ship it!" idea...), it's just not worth it. I'm actually considering adding Win98 to my boot list as well, it supports pretty much everything, and doesn't eat up 800MB of my precious RAM just to sit idle
First of all, you'd be an idiot not to use an OEM copy, secondly - I'm glad Vista USES RAM (sort of pointless to buy lots of ram and then complain when something uses it!), and Vista only uses RAM when nothing else needs it.

Vista does use a bit more RAM than XP, though.
A bit? XP uses something like 100MB at idle, Vista uses 600MB! I don't mind if I'm just on the net or writing something, but when I'm gaming it's still eating a decent 15-20% of my RAM. I've never ever seen the RAM guage on the sidebar below 15%, and I have 3GB...

I couldn't get an OEM copy though...
Vista caches stuff - it stores lots of crap in RAM in case you open it. It may "eat" ram but it speeds up opening stuff.

Why can't you get an OEM copy?
I was quite noob back then to be honest, I was lucky to get the bloody thing together lol...looking back I probably should have

I could have used that one instead of downloading a new one, but I wanted vLite...
how i pass the mission of:
the bank robbery.... when going out of the subway they kill me...
Keep trying, they made the game so that it gets easier every time you attempt a mission, they did that so you don't get stuck and frustrated. It does things like make the AI less accurate, or easier to kill, or perhaps giving you more health pickups or things like that. You don't notice it unless you know about the system before you attempt a mission more than once. That is the best mission in the game by the way, well in my opinion it is anyway, cool aint it?
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Keep trying, they made the game so that it gets easier every time you attempt a mission, they did that so you don't get stuck and frustrated. It does things like make the AI less accurate, or easier to kill, or perhaps giving you more health pickups or things like that. You don't notice it unless you know about the system before you attempt a mission more than once. That is the best mission in the game by the way, well in my opinion it is anyway, cool aint it?

Yes!, i only tried 2 times(i had to stop 2 hours of play...), and i got killed there, the first was a Cop car that lost control and hit me ... nothing i could do...
And that's good to know, but i want the action, tough i loose a lot of ammo, 500 bullets of the little machine gun, 300 of that M16 thingy.. it looks like, and 200 of Ak.
Thanks
Make friends with Little Jacob so that you can call him up before a mission and buy guns from his car, its quicker than going to a gunshop everytime because Jacob will park near your location.
I got one of the Mafia Setinels to my house, it's so much fun to drive. Especially since it's Setinel Tuning Development(STD).

Even better is the Sultan RS. It's just like a GTR car.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Make friends with Little Jacob so that you can call him up before a mission and buy guns from his car, its quicker than going to a gunshop everytime because Jacob will park near your location.

Mission accomplished... this is the mission i have to struggle more. 3 times .. but it's fun
They already sold 6 millions copies & made 500 millions.In England,the game has sold 514 000 copies on Xbox 360 vs 413 000 copies on PS3.They sold 3,6 millions copies in ONE day(release day).
more than Halo.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I've only downloaded Vista for my PC (it's for a dual-boot anyway, so I don't really use it that much...). I bought XP (4 times already lol), I bought Vista for my laptop. I'm sick of shelling out big money for games/software/music, so I pirate the odd few. I'm not cheap, I do pay for what I consider to be worth it. It's not like big companies are making a loss

Quote from dougie-lampkin :I've only downloaded Vista for my PC (it's for a dual-boot anyway, so I don't really use it that much...). I bought XP (4 times already lol), I bought Vista for my laptop. I'm sick of shelling out big money for games/software/music, so I pirate the odd few. I'm not cheap, I do pay for what I consider to be worth it. It's not like big companies are making a loss

Way to go trying to justify piracy
Wow, with something as cool and amazing as GTA IV, could we NOT talk about Vista???
wow, i'm speachless, the game is freakin' AWESOME!
Dare i say the physics are better than ISI games? really...

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG