The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :This thread is great, so far it's boasting about how awesome your PC is, or complaining that the game won't run. Give us some useful details about the new features on the PC!

Afaik the only real new thing is the replay editor. I don't think many people bothered to use it, since turning replays off gives a much needed performance boost
Finally works. No drunken camera
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Finally works. No drunken camera

Strange that...I never heard ONE complaint of the drunken camera glitch from people who bought the game...

(...Although it WAS a common problem with the earlier crackz!!!!!.....)
Quote from Bladerunner :Strange that...I never heard ONE complaint of the drunken camera glitch from people who bought the game...

(...Although it WAS a common problem with the earlier crackz!!!!!.....)

Now that I know that the game aint that smooth on my comp I wont buy it atm. Just wait for a patch and a new driver. Is it REALLY recommended to have quadcore? That sounds like bogus anyway
Quote from Takumi_lfs :

Now that I know that the game aint that smooth on my comp I wont buy it atm. Just wait for a patch and a new driver. Is it REALLY recommended to have quadcore? That sounds like bogus anyway

Yes, it's REALLY recommended. I heard of people with core 2 quad + 8800GT running much better than with core 2 duo + 9800GTX
The CPU seems to be what matters for this game.. (that's why the recommended is 8600GT and Core 2 Quad)

Anyway, this game is pretty... strange... there are some people running with 8400GS 128MB, pentium III and 1GB RAM and having ~17-19FPS on 800x600 (low, low, 1/1/1/0). I think these people should be grateful it's running lol. And there are also people claiming to have 4 way-SLI GTX280 (4 graphics card), Intel i7 3.6GHz, 8GB RAM and running the game with 14FPS no matter which graphics/resolution

I don't trust anyone on the GTA forums anymore. I'll wait till I get my game and just then I'll see how it really works here (and I'll tell you guys).
Quote from Velociround :Yes, it's REALLY recommended. I heard of people with core 2 quad + 8800GT running much better than with core 2 duo + 9800GTX
The CPU seems to be what matters for this game.. (that's why the recommended is 8600GT and Core 2 Quad)

Anyway, this game is pretty... strange... there are some people running with 8400GS 128MB, pentium III and 1GB RAM and having ~17-19FPS on 800x600 (low, low, 1/1/1/0). I think these people should be grateful it's running lol. And there are also people claiming to have 4 way-SLI GTX280 (4 graphics card), Intel i7 3.6GHz, 8GB RAM and running the game with 14FPS no matter which graphics/resolution

I don't trust anyone on the GTA forums anymore. I'll wait till I get my game and just then I'll see how it really works here (and I'll tell you guys).

A Core 2 duo processor shows up as a Pentium 3 xeon

Anyway, the game itself is great I like the car handling, a good mix between arcade and realism. And the damage model is awesome, smashing little cars with a sand truck is great, you can totally pancake a car :P
Quote from kingfag :A Core 2 duo processor shows up as a Pentium 3 xeon

Anyway, the game itself is great I like the car handling, a good mix between arcade and realism. And the damage model is awesome, smashing little cars with a sand truck is great, you can totally pancake a car :P

I dont understand. My cpu performs very well with this game (E8500 3,2) Only my gpu driver and it being a 512mb is bad
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Finally works. No drunken camera

Quote from Takumi_lfs :Now that I know that the game aint that smooth on my comp I wont buy it atm.

Yeah, cos of course you were planning on buying it once you'd downloaded a version that "finally works". Leeching scum.

And people complain that Rockstar seems in no rush to make PC games these days.
Well to be fair I want to buy it, but only for the video editor. The game might work, but I wouldn't spend money to find out, if I got an illegal version and found out it worked on my PC then I would go buy the proper version, which I would have never done if I didn't try the illegal one. As it is I can't be arsed either way, and I would rather wait until I upgrade my PC.
I still don't get why they don't release a demo of the game. That way everybody would know if the game runs for them before buying it, and therefore less people would be tempted to download it illegaly, and nobody would buy it to find out that it doesn't run on their system...I guess they have the luxury not to release a demo without affecting sales since the hype surrounding the game is huge...
Quote from Paranoid Android :I still don't get why they don't release a demo of the game. That way everybody would know if the game runs for them before buying it, and therefore less people would be tempted to download it illegaly, and nobody would buy it to find out that it doesn't run on their system...I guess they have the luxury not to release a demo without affecting sales since the hype surrounding the game is huge...

R* never released a demo of their games (i think).
Quote from Takumi_lfs :

So whats worse about this sentence than cracking LFS? Nothing.
Quote from mcintyrej :So whats worse about this sentence than cracking LFS? Nothing.

Well at least he didn't say that in the official Rockstar forum...
Hey atleast I didnt crack lfs.

BTW, Can you play in a open-world in multiplayer?
yay, just found out how to remove the GFX restrictions, the game looks absolutly gorgious now! I only want AA now, and a new patch/driver for some more FPS I'm starting to get addicted, lol.
-
(Tomba(FIN)) DELETED by SamH
Quote from Bose321 :yay, just found out how to remove the GFX restrictions, the game looks absolutly gorgious now! I only want AA now, and a new patch/driver for some more FPS I'm starting to get addicted, lol.

How did you remove gfx restrictions?
Quote from Takumi_lfs :How did you remove gfx restrictions?

Prety simple, go to your GTA IV root folder. Make 'commandline.txt' and add this line in it
-norestrictions

This game uses 1400MB now... You will find a tiny bit of lag when it rains maybe. Depends on your rig ofcourse. I hope the patch is done soon. Catalyst 8.12 is 10 december out
Quote from Takumi_lfs :How did you remove gfx restrictions?

i guess somewhere in a text file like crysis
damn i need to uprage my gpu
-
(STROBE) DELETED by SamH
Quote from STROBE :Ever wondered why pc gaming now takes a distant back seat to the consoles?

You're true, but they still miss alot of money when they don't bring it on the PC. And i think GTA should always be on the PC, since it always was a PC game. But you do have a point.
It's really pissing me off that you can't assign axis for controls... The vehicles would be so much more enjoyable if you could control them smoothly...

If you think about it, Rockstar deliberately cut that out in the PC-Version! For what? :banghead:
Quote :Patch Is On The Way

We are working on making a patch available in the next few days. Since Grand Theft Auto IV is a Games For Windows – Live game the patch must be certified by Microsoft before release. The patch is already at Microsoft and we expect a speedy approval. The patch contains a variety of fixes including:
• A fix to the crash after legal screen that some German customers were reporting.
• Numerous improvements to the video editor: Smarter naming of videos, improved rendering quality, better fx during replays
• Fix to bowling while using certain sensitive mice
• Fix for ATI 1900 shadows
• Overall savings to memory
• Graphic improvements to particle systems and mirrors
• Multiplayer character settings are preserved
Support for DirectInput controllers. Note: The current hack way of supporting these controllers may not work with the improved functionality. So we recommend you remove the hack before upgrading to the patch.

bbman: I think you'll get your wish granted on next patch!
waiting for saints row2 on pc
Quote from JJ72 :waiting for saints row2 on pc

hell yes im renting that on xbox 360 right now.

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG