The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
I'm waiting for Mods to come out
I installed the 64bit Vista today hoping that it solves my problems, and it did! No bsod, no fps drops, no controlling problems. Fps wise its the same as under 32bit vista.
Quote from RevengeR :64bit Vista...No bsod, no fps drops, no controlling problems

Well that's a first
its funny to see how you guys discover all things in GTA IV, while i already discovered them 6 months ago
Also, the use of Systweak cache boost helped a lot, it doesnt take ages to alt-tab, and then go back with 2gb ram. Cant wait till christmas to get the other 2gig, gf doesnt want to give it to me sooner
Quote from mr_x :2nd actually, mines worked fine since day 1

I count at least 3 then...apart from the abysmal coding, the game DOES run OK (ish) on my box....but it SHOULD run great like all my other games.
Then that will make 4 of us . I'm quite happy how it performs on my PC, but extra boosts are always welcome

My GFWL account is "TeJKBe" if anyone is interested (didn't touch MP yet though).
Quote from RevengeR :Also, the use of Systweak cache boost helped a lot, it doesnt take ages to alt-tab, and then go back with 2gb ram. Cant wait till christmas to get the other 2gig, gf doesnt want to give it to me sooner

I'm playing on 1680x1050, high/highest - 1/20/100/1, under Windows XP 32bit, and I have no problems with alt-tab (I have instant alt-tab), nor it uses more than 700MB RAM (I have 2GB), and I don't need to use this Systweak thing (I don't even know what is it ).

Today I shot a guy who said "don't shoot! I have a family!"
I feel bad now it wasn't my fault! I had already pushed the "shoot" button when he said it. I didn't save my game just because of it... I loaded the previous save instead, and this time I didn't kill anyone.

What % are you guys on the game? (and I mean, ONLY people who play on PC)
In 2 days of constant playing I'm on 43.28% complete now
Quote from Velociround :...Velociround's big list of dynamic things...

I hadn't noticed the TV stuff because I haven't watched TV (I think the cutscenes are long enough without me watching TV. I did catch a Ricky Gervais set in Manhattan and it wasn't funny, I'm not going to seek out more of the same!) but you've made your point well.

OK I concede the environment is more dynamic than previous games.
Quote from Scrabby :I'm waiting for Mods to come out

check the GTAIV homepage, there is a drift mod and weapon mods
Quote :If it's going to rain, there will be ads on the internet (specially on News websites) with the weather...
If you do a mission like exploding something, it'll appear on the internet and will be shown on the TV...

:eek: Clever stuff

Might have to pick this up sometime.
Quote from Electrik Kar ::eek: Clever stuff

Might have to pick this up sometime.

Yeah that's quite cool. when i look on the internet, and go to the news, i see pics and all of people in the past who i killed for a mission, quite cool
Quote from Velociround :If it's going to rain, there will be ads on the internet (specially on News websites) with the weather...
If you do a mission like exploding something, it'll appear on the internet and will be shown on the TV...
You can phone a number to know the name of the music is playing on any radio on any car on the street, you just have to be listening to it you don't even have to be on a car, and it doesn't even have to be YOUR car, you can just come closer to another car so you can listen the radio playing, call the number and you'll receive a text message with the song.
If you see a website and find something about your friends on it, you might receive call from them, might be funny, etc.
After watching some TV and surfing on the web, Niko will be able to talk about these things with other people and may quote things you saw on TV/internet/radio while talking with other people, things Niko would only say if you already seen it in the game.
There are a LOT of websites, a LOT of dynamic things and everything is calculated in the game...
Like when you enter a car, when you open the door the inside light will turn on... if it's night, before entering the car it'll have the "lanterna" (a weak light, I don't know how it is in english), then when you get into it it'll turn the light a bit more "stronger", and then you can press H to turn the full lights on. If the door open in any moment, the inside light will turn on.
If it's raining, the radio will mention it, specially on News radios or ads
If you're dating someone, your friends can talk about it on missions or when you go out with them.

Everything, and I mean everything you do on the game can drastically change everything around you, and will sure make a lot of difference.

There's much more than that, but I don't have time to mention it (nor I think it'll be necessary)

This game is incredibly dynamic and fully detailed...

what's the number to know the song?
ZiT Song identifier: 948-555-0100
Official story of the game:

1. Bought the game.

2. Installed the game. (Signed up for LIVE and Social Club while installing)

3. Tried to enter the game, having several problems. (Fixed).

4. Made it into the game only to have one more error. (Fixed).

5. Made it into the game and got several errors such as: RESC10... black screens, artifacts (Not hardware related).

6. Got it to play about 3-4 minutes.

7. Cussed repeatedly for wasting money.

8. Thoughts of blowing up rockstar HQ.

9. Thoughts of tackling and kicking the person a few times that came up with the idea with GTA 4 ported for PC.

10. Waiting for a patch.

mine plays GTA 4 well

Quad Core AMD Phenom @ 3.0Ghz
3GB Apacer DDR800
ATI HD 4850 512Mb
Asus crosshair
There is an update available
Quote :
Rockstar listened, and is now delivering: a new patch for the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV is available for download. To get the 32.6Mb update, simply start your game, log into LIVE, and select to update when prompted. The patch is reported to make the following changes:

A fix to the crash after legal screen that some German customers were reporting.
Numerous improvements to the video editor: Smarter naming of videos, improved rendering quality, better fx during replays.
Fix to bowling while using certain sensitive mice.
Fix for ATI 1900 shadows.
Overall savings to memory.
Graphic improvements to particle systems and mirrors.
Multiplayer character settings are preserved.
Support for DirectInput controllers.

Already found a bug, the sound is broken after using the benchmark feature
Stay far away from that patch.

For many people it makes the camera spin endlessly, any list u see automagically scrolls to the bottom, direct input doesn't work and the game thinks u use a Xbox controller so it changes all icons to xbox crap.
In short, the game is completely unplayable now and I'll have to wait for a next patch which hopefully fixes this shit.

I'm one of the affected together with many more(might be steam only problems...dunno yet)
http://forums.steampowered.com ... d.php?t=767482&page=6
Best patch i've seen in years......
Yeah, and I can't play at all, because those retards forgot there are other controllers than gamepads... Henco Nico runs in circles because the pedals aren't in a center position... Forget mapping, two profiles for the 360 pad surely are what everybody needs... :banghead:
Quote from Noccy :For many people it makes the camera spin endlessly, any list u see automagically scrolls to the bottom, direct input doesn't work and the game thinks u use a Xbox controller so it changes all icons to xbox crap.
In short, the game is completely unplayable now

akhem... that... is... the anti crack protection
Quote from squidhead :akhem... that... is... the anti crack protection

or it's just an attached joystick. You can't turn the joystick off in-game :/
Maybe clearing the joystick axis map fixes that, don't know if that works though.
It's probable that GTA IV uses deferred rendering (don't ask me what it means) which doesn't allow conventional AA. You could have AA in Stalker in Dx8 mode but not in Dx9 mode, which switched over to deferred rendering. In Clear Sky, you can have AA again in Dx10, but not Dx9, although I seemed to get it working anyway in Dx9(?).

I'm confused.
Quote from Noccy :Stay far away from that patch.

I had a huge performance gain with this patch... I didn't have any bugs with the game at all before, NO BUGs at all before, no bugs on gfwl, no bugs on rsc, no bugs on GTA IV, and I still don't have any, and I didn't have to do anything for this game to work properly once installed... and now I have even more stable and smooth gameplay after this patch.
Let's try the patch. Gonna laugh if the game won't start or something like that

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG