The online racing simulator
downloaded z10 and it works
Quote from joeynuggetz :Not sure if this is a new bug or not because I recall having this issue before. No matter what I do, I cannot get the vsync to turn on. I'm running nvidia at 2560x1600. Is there a fix for this?

are you sure you dont use a driver global setting and or lfs driver profile that forces vsync off?
I just re-re-re downloaded it and extracted it and it works fine now too.. strange.
Host list says that all the servers are wrong version. This started to happen just about 5mins ago. Before that there were 1-2 wrong version hosts occasionally, but nothing bigger ever
Heeelp!
EDIT: Got the error you described with Z4, Z and Z10 are fine though.
Quote from tonyonparas :Host list says that all the servers are wrong version. This started to happen just about 5mins ago. Before that there were 1-2 wrong version hosts occasionally, but nothing bigger ever
Heeelp!

read the posts above
Maybe the servers have not got the correct version, all of us are up to date, but are the servers??
Quote from VoiD :Same here, but "installed" Z10 too...

no,i just downloaded it
Quote from Velociround :[snip]...
Scawen, I have something strange about the fps limiter, it happens on patch Z as well as on the test patches.
[snip]

Ever since playing LFS (0.5U) my FPS rate always shows flickering 2 or 3 FPS less than what I have set it to in the Limiter option. Had three completely different computers and 4 different GPU's, always the exact same thing.

Recently I've been using Vsync=Yes Limiter=No and it flickers at 59.3 - 60.0.
I've always wondered why it never shows exactly 60 all the time, probably some rounding error, but I just wanted to point out the inconsistancy has alway been there, for me anyway.

Sorry for spam, I'm just not sure here if it's a test patch only issue.
Quote from scipy :something wierd is going on.. LFS is just saying wrong versions on all possible hosts and patches.. when i try to connect i get a JOOS - COUNT MPSYS CONNS something and it just starts reconnecting.. any ideas?

Do you have Z10 installed?
My lfs said:

Your layout is on wrong version.

hehe then I booted LFS and the error has gone

Interesting on LFS S2 0.5Z10
Quote from Shotglass :are you sure you dont use a driver global setting and or lfs driver profile that forces vsync off?

No, I checked at it was set to application. If I force it to on, the FPS is a lot lower but still not locked to anything. If I limit FPS within the game itself, the image tears.
Limiting the FPS ingame, well, for me anyway, is only useful when on a busy server and there are lots of cars nearby, as it stops the hideous fps drops that can happen when something big, such as a pileup, happens nearby, stuttering sound, slideshow screen for a few seconds, etc.. My usual FPS is about 75 fps, so i limit mine to about 40, which contrary to what people will say, is completely playable and perfectly adequate for lfs.

I have never had any image tearing while using any fps limiting, in LFS or any other game. Tearing usually happens if the graphics driver has a problem or the card itself is failing.
This didn't happened before: LFS is crashing for me after some long time playing, this only happened after installing Z10.

CPU: Semprom 2.3 (1.7ghz)
Memmory 1024mb RAM ddr1
GeForce 6200 256mb agp
Windows XP sp3 Directx 9.0c
Nvida driver 178.xx

EDIT: thanks, will do that, i'm just having some problems retrieving the technical information.
I get two errors:

Upon start at main menu:
Red text: "Can't open: Discsolidalp24"
Red text: "Can't open: Discdrilledalp24"

When leaving pits or when someone else leaves pits:
Red text: "Can't open: Wheel" x4

I also don't see the discs as well as the wheel when I'm in the incar view without cockpit visible (don't know what it's called).

I didn't reinstall LFS just replaced the .exe

Runs great besides that.
You can't just replace exe file. You must install whole patch.
I guess I ought to RTFM then ... thanks

Also, sort of a request but I believe that the ABS system should stop working when a certain level of suspension damage has been taken. The sensors are quite exposed.
Quote from henningo :Also, sort of a request but I believe that the ABS system should stop working when a certain level of suspension damage has been taken. The sensors are quite exposed.

Lol, agreed, considering my friend's left ABS sensor just randomly crapped out a few weeks ago ($350 to replace) and now the right one did as well ($450 for some reason)... I mean, he's got 160k miles on it, but he's not exactly ramming into things all the time.

Then again, I've got 220k, and I've been through some pretty deep potholes, and mine are working fine. So maybe any car that's based on a Nissan in the game should break easily, and any Subaru-inspired cars should be like tanks :P
so the Stability Control is next?
No, but Cruise Control is surely on the way. We have to keep pleasing the cruisers, they keep this community going...at least ABS will keep them quiet for now, at least until skid marks become the new flavour of the month, then what will we do?
i would love cruise sontrol even though id not really use it, but pace cars can.
make it so u can adjust the limiter incar :P easy fix..
there is 1 thing i dont get,
scavier keeps improving the game, implenting new cars etc...
but they just don't fix bugs that have been in the game for many releases.
i'm talking about the barriers...
they make u go places people have never been before...
they make you lose races etc..
when will they be fixed??
they really mess up the game

greetings,
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z10 (online compatible)
(533 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG