The online racing simulator
I saw this bug in several games, are you sure that this bug has such an easy solution?

PS: sorry for this little off-topic
Well in germany they are testing Z12.... So it must be here soon!!

Its in the Merged Scirocco Enquieries section
I think the two biggest bugs are:
1. that the FXR cant drive RX-Tyres.
2. And the start positions on FE5!

I had some grafical missmapping last race.
I am not able to reproduce it, guess has something to do with changing to desktop (windowskey+D) and back to LFS.

When I started the race everything looked fine, but suddenly (after approx. 4min) the screen changed to the one you can see on screenshot
(BTW: I had to cancel the race to avoid shooting someone because I had no mirrors anymore )

Z10 installed
Attached images
Bug.jpg
If im not worng that happens when you graphic card runs out of memory, so it mix up the textures
Quote from Whiskey :If im not worng that happens when you graphic card runs out of memory, so it mix up the textures

yep happend bufore, and will hapen later too (why don´t I have a good one?! It looks so funny!)
Quote from Zimmi :[snip]...guess has something to do with changing to desktop (windowskey+D) and back to LFS.[snip]

Scawen has mentioned that you should not use Windows+D or ALT+TAB to leaev LFS to desktop. Only ever use Shift+F4 to change to WINDOWS/FullScreen.

Personally, now I have little issues with it, but I used to lose AA when doing it with an older card. Even though I have no issues with it, I STILL USE SHIFT-F4.

LFS was coded to utilise that method (shift-F4). Anything else will cause problems so don't bother with anything eles.

Side effect of using Windows-D and ALT+TAB is spam.

Quote from John5200 :yep happend bufore, and will hapen later too (why don´t I have a good one?! It looks so funny!)

Did you try using the lowres texture option? This saves a lot of memory.
Quote from GP4Flo :Did you try using the lowres texture option? This saves a lot of memory.

wops tipy i meant: why do I´ve a good one?! It looks so funny!

every time i start the game it crashes. it was fine yesterday and i did not make any changes since then. it happens every time, and i cant figure out why. most probably, i somehow just broke the installation.

p.s. sorry, i couldn't figure out how to copy what was in the report to the clipboard, i hope the crash address is visible

edit-------
i made another z10 installation and it works fine, the crash is probably my fault, so disregard
Attached images
untitled.JPG
-
Strange thing while installing Z10 (GreyBull [CHA]) DELETED by GreyBull [CHA] : Problem solved(didn't come from LFS)
Quote from Whiskey :If im not worng that happens when you graphic card runs out of memory, so it mix up the textures

that happens with me and my videocard has 512mb, I think it's much more than enough for LFS, and still I have that bug in my mirrors.
Quote from RenvoN :that happens with me and my videocard has 512mb, I think it's much more than enough for LFS, and still I have that bug in my mirrors.

I played LFS for almost 3 years on a FX5200 128MB, and it never happened to me. Then, a 8600GT 256MB for almost 1 year, and it never happened. And now, on a 9800GT 512MB, this bug hasn't happened too.
Quote from Velociround :I played LFS for almost 3 years on a FX5200 128MB, and it never happened to me. Then, a 8600GT 256MB for almost 1 year, and it never happened. And now, on a 9800GT 512MB, this bug hasn't happened too.

these sound more like driver issues or overheating, make sure your graphics card's heat sink and fan have no dust on them... if they do, go outside with a brush and brush the dust out until it is clear again. I have a 9800 GT which was only 1 year old which slowed down all of a sudden, I took it out of the computer and looked at it, it has HEAPS of dust on it. I cleared out all the dust and stuck it back into the pc, my fps on lfs went from 50fps 200fps again
Also make sure you have the latest graphics card drivers for your graphics card.

Quote from aroX123 :Hey scawen? Any news?

Could you tell us what you are doing? i think lots of people would be pleased of that Anyway, have a nice weekend.

I wouldn't keep your hopes up with that answer
Monitor (Display) sleep mode BUG!
Z10 here.
Windows Vista Ultimate 64x.
nVidia 9600 GT with 182.50 drivers.

Problem with display sleep mode.

For example, go to:

Then start LFS, go to full screen mode (Shift + F4), and wait...
Race or stand..., there is no difference.
Quote from nesrulz :Problem with display sleep mode.

It's a known problem and it's not a Test Patch issue, this problem also occurs on other LFS versions. It happens on Windows Vista and Windows 7, both 32bits and 64bits modes. I think it doesn't happen on Windows XP. It doesn't happen with the screensaver. If user touches mouse or keyboard there's no bug. I don't know about pressing wheel or gamepad buttons, but some people said it doesn't work and the monitor is still turned off.

Workaround: touch any key or the mouse every x minutes (where x < time to sleep), or disable sleep while playing.
Wheel here.

Quote from Velociround :Workaround: touch any key or the mouse every x minutes (where x < time to sleep), or disable sleep while playing.

Yes, I know, but...:vomit:
Vista ultimate 32 bit SP2. Happened with Z10
Attached images
LFS.jpg
Every time I close LFS after I've been in car, in the normal way (escape, exit, back back, exit), it freezes and has to be force shut in task manager. Then it comes up with one of those "this program is unresponsive and blah blah"..

Any suggestions?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Every time I close LFS after I've been in car, in the normal way (escape, exit, back back, exit), it freezes and has to be force shut in task manager. Then it comes up with one of those "this program is unresponsive and blah blah"..

Any suggestions?

I have been having the same problem as well! Quite annoying, sometimes it shuts down, some times it doesn't.
@S14 DRIFT , Do you use the bloom mod?
Yeah I do. Never had a problem with it before, though.
I also used it once, and it freezed my LFS plently of times.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Yeah I do. Never had a problem with it before, though.

Yeah well, I never had issue before with bloom mod either, until after Z patches, now it crashes when I end LFS sometimes. No biggie, it is after market mod so not Scaviers fault.

edit: crash event log:
Event Type: Error

Faulting application lfs.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module d3d8.dll, version 1.0.0.1, fault address 0x00005270.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ion Fail
0010: 75 72 65 20 20 6c 66 73 ure lfs
0018: 2e 65 78 65 20 30 2e 30 .exe 0.0
0020: 2e 30 2e 30 20 69 6e 20 .0.0 in
0028: 64 33 64 38 2e 64 6c 6c d3d8.dll
0030: 20 31 2e 30 2e 30 2e 31 1.0.0.1
0038: 20 61 74 20 6f 66 66 73 at offs
0040: 65 74 20 30 30 30 30 35 et 00005
0048: 32 37 30 0d 0a 270..

Well I use the "bloom mod" too (ENBSeries) and it doesn't crash on any patches (tested from U to Z10)
Everyone's system config/OS is different of course. Not blaming Bloom mod exclusively, BUT S14 DRIFT should test if his game crashes without using Bloom, me thinks.

Before I post any bugs of test patches, I remove/disable all external programs/addons and also see if the bug appears in previous versions of LFS. Have a control version and a testing version
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z10 (online compatible)
(533 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG