The online racing simulator
sometimes it happens to me (when im talking to someone important on msn and racing). It's rare, but there are times that it takes almost 20 seconds to switch between windows and lfs... same resolution and refresh rate.
Sorry if this has been mentioned previously, but how can I downgrade back to Z? I didn't make a backup of it when I installed Z10

Thanks....
Quote from robybobey :Sorry if this has been mentioned previously, but how can I downgrade back to Z? I didn't make a backup of it when I installed Z10

Probably not the right place to ask, but anyway, rename your current LFS.exe to say LFS-Z10.exe. Then download the LFS archive and decompress only LFS.exe to the folder where the game is installed into.

Voilà, you can choose whether to race with Z10 or plain Z.
that won't work eerytime, because sometimes other things beside the exe change too. Better copy the whole LFS folder and use one as original and one as testpatch version (over the last patches I always deleted my original version in the end, as I kept using the testpatch one, with setups, skins and other stuff)
As for the Shift + F4 and Alt + Tab, the first makes my pc kinda freezing, but when I push it again, it goes back to fullscreen and everything unfreezes. Alt+Tab works immediately without freezing.

Other issues I do have with graphics. Textures stretch to the sky or across the road, like if my graphics card was overclocked too much. It has temps about 44*C when playing, and even when I underclock it, it still makes graphics crazy[sometimes even whole screen blinks black]. As for this, I really don't know if my graphics card isn't broken, cause in few other games I get weird "white blinking pixels" etc, but some other games[actually most of my games] just work without any artifacts even after overclocking. Eg WarRock and AA work without problems. I really don't like to race when fence is stretched across whole track :P or something touches the sky :P
Quote from Winkel :[snip]Other issues I do have with graphics. [snip]

Screenshots (Ctrl+S) would help describe the problems. But if it's not directly related to the Z10 patch, then best go over to the tech support forums....Technical Assistance
Hello!
I have a really annoying bug that makes the game or even the computer crash when there are lots of cars...
My computer:
-Q9550 2.83Ghz
-HD3850 512Mb
-2,5Gb DDRII
I didn't overclock anything...
But I know that problem isn't an Hardware problem because when I play oder games it doesn't crash...
I thought about that but there is no error... it simply crashes and I have to use the taskmanager
Quote from Sir moi 407 :I thought about that but there is no error... it simply crashes and I have to use the taskmanager

what is your video card ?
@Boscho
Quote from Sir moi 407 :Hello!
I have a really annoying bug that makes the game or even the computer crash when there are lots of cars...
My computer:
-Q9550 2.83Ghz
-HD3850 512Mb
-2,5Gb DDRII
I didn't overclock anything...
But I know that problem isn't an Hardware problem because when I play oder games it doesn't crash...

Just had a crash with Z10. It happened after the end of the race (some people had finished, including myself, but other people were still racing). Details:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: LFS.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4958fd75
Fault Module Name: atiumdag.dll
Fault Module Version: 7.14.10.636
Fault Module Timestamp: 496d6d9d
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0004ad03
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 64ea
Additional Information 2: cce9f653dd0f8eec446de52154d2f82d
Additional Information 3: 8dc8
Additional Information 4: 0a5bb3b56cc694b98e1f4a3a36903eec

CPU: Intel Q9450
Motherboard: ASUS P5K-E
Graphics card: ATI HD3870x2
Graphics drivers: Catalyst 9.1

I've also attached the mpr from the crash.
Attached files
crash mpr.part1.rar - 1.9 MB - 251 views
crash mpr.part2.rar - 358 KB - 246 views
Fault Module Name: atiumdag.dll

Eh, that's ATI driver fault.
Reinstall ATI drivers (latest ones), should solve it.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Reinstall ATI drivers (latest ones), should solve it.

He has the latest version. Try 8.12.
Just because it happened in an ATI dll doesn't mean it's their fault...I'd rather see Scawen's input on it thanks. I don't want to go back to 8.* drivers.
I use HD3870x2 too, many problems. Not only with LFS, less with LFS to be true. More with COD4/UT3 random lockups, blank screens etc.
I use catalyst 8.12 too. I tried catalyst 9.1 last week, that resulted in a BSOD while booting. Only possible to recover from it was by replace a previous copy of the registery.
So the problem could well be in the ATI drivers. I haven't had any problems with LFS the last couple of weeks and catalyst 8.12
AnTi drivers are always buggy, but anyways, try Omega drivers
Sorry to invade this spam-fest, but I have an actual report

The blue headlights indicator on the MRT dash comes on when you press the button for lights, even though the MRT doesn't have a headlight...
Nice find! That should be fixed.
Im experiencing a little fps problem ...

***STORY***
I installed Win7 - all drivers and what was needed, including LFS. Played it, fps was very fine. Over 200 and even more. Then i installed ENBseries to get a better picture. FPS with it was somewhere in 60-80. Then it started to go lower everytime i played it, and finally ... fps was 15 (just 15, not 15.1 or 14.9) when i was on the public cam or what its named. Then i reinstalled LFS (To new folder) and copy'd my setups, engine sounds and layouts. The fps problem is not fixed yet. Its still a big problem. Playng with 15fps is really really annoyng for me. With that low fps, i dont even feel that i play it. I feel like im fighting with the fps or something. May this be a patch problem or something? Dont tell me that my card is too weak. it runs GTA IV at stable 30fps very nice. Its really wierd. Ooh, and all settings are maxxed in LFS ... "+mirrors" things, AA and others.
Quote from hazaky :Im experiencing a little fps problem ...

Have you tried disabling/uninstalling ENBseries? It seems kind of strange that it happened after you installed that doesn't it? Are you trying to use ENBseries with LFS or just GTA?
I deleted the ENBseries files, also ... When i installed the new lfs, i didnt put the files in the folder.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z10 (online compatible)
(533 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG