The online racing simulator
With the new patch the logitech formula force gp my government during swerve away starts to jerk. I put it up the new driver. With x patch this was not.
Quote from bbman :And as Scawen hinted in the postpone-announcement, there is maybe a multilink-suspension in the works that has to be analysed and coded first...

What he said was 'developing suspensions', which for all we know, may also mean he was planning to do progressive springs or more realistic dampers

OTOH maybe he was just meaning the roll center had to be fixed or other boring details like that

PS: another interesting bit from The Man himself about suspensions

"At some point I'd like to add better suspension types with more complex motion but that has not been done yet."
I have a little problem here people , i just installed Z10 and after driving 6-10 laps my screen freezes and a couple of seconds later this is how my screen looks What the heck could this be ?
Attached images
LFS.JPG
Ouchies - Looks like aload of artifacts. IIRC there was a shadow bug for some users, although I'm not sure if this falls into that. Try going back to Z to see if that helps.
Quote from W1ldPort75 :I have a little problem here people , i just installed Z10 and after driving 6-10 laps my screen freezes and a couple of seconds later this is how my screen looks What the heck could this be ?

I would think that that is your graphics card overheating.
Quote from Danas :I would think that that is your graphics card overheating.

Yeah, i have same problem sometimes, it's random and not only Z10 related, so it's not probably a bug.
Quote from Danas :I would think that that is your graphics card overheating.

yep, defiantly is!

My old 6600GT did that and I got a 8600GT about 2 years ago...
This year I got a 9800GT
OMG! Maybe is some overheating of the gpu card.
Thats texture corruption. There could be many causes, graphics memory running low, graphics card drivers that are not up to date, or graphics card over-heating.
-
(Byku) DELETED by Byku
-
(hda) DELETED by hda
Try to look at your GPU temperature, it could be overheaten.
Quote from W1ldPort75 :I have a little problem here people , i just installed Z10 and after driving 6-10 laps my screen freezes and a couple of seconds later this is how my screen looks What the heck could this be ?

I think that has something to do with your graphics card.
I bought a 9800 gt 2 weeks ago , no probs at all with all my games . After playing a few hours my card goes up to 45 degrees max , so i dont think it has to do with my gc . The thing that bothers me is that i just installed patch z again and i have no probs with it at all , but as soon as i play z10 after a couple of laps it just freezes on me and i get all these rainbow colors again Going to patch version z again and see if it happens there also . Thx guys
Quote from W1ldPort75 :I bought a 9800 gt 2 weeks ago , no probs at all with all my games . After playing a few hours my card goes up to 45 degrees max , so i dont think it has to do with my gc . The thing that bothers me is that i just installed patch z again and i have no probs with it at all , but as soon as i play z10 after a couple of laps it just freezes on me and i get all these rainbow colors again Going to patch version z again and see if it happens there also . Thx guys

Try to run it on a higher fanspeed with Rivatuner.

Sounds more like your computer (more specifically, your graphics card) is overheating after a few minutes of hard work. Check the fans in your system and make sure they are working. It might be your processor too. You might want to check out your temperatures.

EDIT: Whoopse, didn't realize there was a whole page of answers. Sorry to beat a dead horse, lol.
-
(Whiskey) DELETED by Whiskey
-
(MijnWraak) DELETED by MijnWraak
Anyone noticed that it's possible to upload VWS skins to LFSW?
As i already posted before , i play other games like COD4 , Crysis , GTR Evo , Fifa 09 for hours and have no probs at all , like i said 45 degrees max . I also have a dual core cpu , and very powerful but that has nothing much to do with it . If there was something wrong with my cpu , gc , ram or something else i wouldnt be able to play them right ? I also wrote that i installed a brand new Z patch and everything worked fine . Only when i play Z10 it happens so oh well i´ll just wait for the new patch

@ MijnWaak
i usually set my laptop to get 25 fps. now i struggle to get 20fps.

I get that prob when i have been on our server in 24h so i think that is your graphics card overheating.
W1ldPort75: Try updating display card drivers. If that doesn't do any good, I suspect that your LFS tekstures or install directory is corrupted somehow. In latter case reinstalling whole game might help.
Quote from W1ldPort75 :As i already posted before , i play other games like COD4 , Crysis , GTR Evo , Fifa 09 for hours and have no probs at all , like i said 45 degrees max . I also have a dual core cpu , and very powerful but that has nothing much to do with it . If there was something wrong with my cpu , gc , ram or something else i wouldnt be able to play them right ? I also wrote that i installed a brand new Z patch and everything worked fine . Only when i play Z10 it happens so oh well i´ll just wait for the new patch

@ MijnWaak

Z10 does use the videocard more, but if you can play al those other games (that i think are still heavier on the videocard) that's strange. But the fact that it doesn't happen in the first laps mostly is a heat or memory problem. You could try to clock the memory to a lower speed or to drive a few laps with the pc open.
with nvidia GeForce 9500 is working great..
no crashes all the settings are on high
Quote from W1ldPort75 :I bought a 9800 gt 2 weeks ago , no probs at all with all my games . After playing a few hours my card goes up to 45 degrees max , so i dont think it has to do with my gc . The thing that bothers me is that i just installed patch z again and i have no probs with it at all , but as soon as i play z10 after a couple of laps it just freezes on me and i get all these rainbow colors again Going to patch version z again and see if it happens there also . Thx guys

I have problems with my 9800 GT too.

Just have low FPS when the are many racers.
I have Tried low graphics settings, same result =X

But with BF2, max graphics !
Vegas what cpu do you have ?
AMD phenom X3
Was driving on montana track when suddenly saw this.
Attached images
shadow-collide.jpg
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z10 (online compatible)
(533 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG