The online racing simulator
Sorry. I didn't know that when tyre locks then ABS shows orange tyre. I thought it has something to do with tyre temperatures.
Going from Z to Z10 causes a massive (10-30) FPS drop with shadows enabled. It doesn't really matter which setting, only off will "fix" it. The slowdown appears to happen whenever a car shadow comes into the camera view.

card is a radeon 9800 mobility
#178 - hda
Installed the windows 7 beta (btw lfs works fine with it).

I copied my LFS folder (which was active as S2) from my Vista hdd to the 7 one, started up the game and as I was expecting, LFS was in demo state.

So far so good, but since the last car I had chosen was the BF1 and I didn't activate my LFS in Windows 7, when I chose a track and hit GO in order to start a race, I got BL1 displayed with an error message "car error". Again, so far so good, I did shift+p to open the pits, chose XFG and joined the race again, from the pit lane.

The problem was "car error" was still displayed on the screen and it wouldn't go off. I know this problem shouldn't be Z10 specific but I guess it's worth fixing and it shouldn't take more than a couple minutes
Quote from Byku :O.o... Z10 didn't change anything with FXO so it should be a problem from the beginning... maybe O.o

i got that problem too.. came when i got my 8800gt... strange enough..
The ABS is a really big deal for mouse users (for keyboard too). Braking now is a lot easier and can be comparable by it's effectiveness to braking with analog pedals. It is much better than old brake help.
But I think this ABS couldn't be on VW Scirocco, because modern ABS (Bosch 7.0+) prevent turning to the side of better traction while braking. And LFS ABS doesn't do this.
Quote from geeman1 :Might be, but alt+tabbing causes games to crash and have all kinds of weird bugs and there is not much you can do programming wise because alt+tab goes out of the game by force (It doesn't let the game know that the user is switching to another program).
So sure you can use alt+tab if you want, but be prepared that it can cause games to crash/get stuck/have weird glitches.

Alt-Tab lets you know that your game doesn't have focus, and when it regains it. It just depends if the game handles it or not. Most don't care to, most games feel that if the user is playing their game that is all the user should be concerned about, also the same way most games feel about IMs or any other program running in the background. However, developers just need to handle a few messages, (at least in Windows programming) to support this. I actually thought LFS did this well, but I generally use Shift-F4 to be honest. As far as full-screen alt-tabbing, that might be an issue doing FULL SCREEN to non-full screen and back, but I can't be 100% sure about those issues involved with the alt-tab. As far as LFS Alt-tabbing goes it works here, although I am not on the test patch.
im not too sure if any of you guys have noticed but while i was racing the AI on the FZ5, ABS does not fully let me "steer while braking". my front wheels lock and my turn is bigger than if i let go of both gas and brakes. my brakes setting is 1024Nm with 62% to the front. even with TC on they still lock. this doesnt happen with the XRG or any other car with ABS for that matter. just the FZ5. i dont think thats supposed to happen IMO

edit: btw i observed this on my friends copy of S2. dont let the "demo'er with FZ5?" bug you.
Quote from blackbird04217 :Alt-Tab lets you know that your game doesn't have focus

I thought that only works in non-full screen, which is why you are advised to make LFS windowed before alt-tabbing. But when LFS full screened alt-tabbing is not handled correctly, because full screen applications expect that the program will not lose focus. I am no expert on this, but I remember Scawen saying something about not being able to do much about full screen alt-tabbing glitches and seeing as many other games have similiar glitches when alt-tabbing while full screened it makes me think that there is more to this than programmer lazyness.
Quote from geeman1 :I thought that only works in non-full screen, which is why you are advised to make LFS windowed before alt-tabbing. But when LFS full screened alt-tabbing is not handled correctly, because full screen applications expect that the program will not lose focus. I am no expert on this, but I remember Scawen saying something about not being able to do much about full screen alt-tabbing glitches and seeing as many other games have similiar glitches when alt-tabbing while full screened it makes me think that there is more to this than programmer lazyness.

I think I've read somewhere that Alt+Tab is handled by DirectX so Scawen can't do much about it.
Quote from ShUckErU :
NO SMOKE!!! O.o

bugged or wat?

thats one of the oldest "bug" in LFS, DX8 (at least in LFS) can only show one transparent layer (like the fence), if you add another (the smoke) it won't show up. Its the same with the black spotted border of the windscreen and your cars windows.
I just think that Direct X8 has a some kind of system problem if everybody is saying that they have a weird shadow bug...

I don't know exactly is there a problem in DX8 & LFS configuration, but I am going to find out right away

EDIT: d3d8.dll problems with LFS? interesting...I think it is not, but finding ou

EDIT: the problem is not with d3d8.dll and also, not with Direct X...

...Have you updated your graphics cards? or any other what you use with LFS?
Direct X 8? normal is DX 9.c

maybe everybody should update direct x up to 9.c (Nov. 2008)
Quote from Heiko1 :Direct X 8? normal is DX 9.c

maybe everybody should update direct x up to 9.c (Nov. 2008)

But LFS uses DirectX 8.
Quote from Flame CZE :But LFS uses DirectX 8.

But the Directx updates are for all version of Directx
Quote from Scawen :
Flickering wheel colour when changing rim colour

If there is problem with 32-bit colors?
mh.. i got problem with 32bit collors but heavy problems with fraps..
i wanna record in 1280*1024 (32bit) with Fraps i just get 9FPS...
if i make 1280*1024 (16bit) every thing works fine... and can record vidoe till up to 60FPS

Sys rig:
Intel E8300 @ 3,1Ghz, 4GB Ram 1066mhz, Nvidia 9800GT 1GB, Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo2.

Liable for defective keyboard
Quote from Heiko1 :mh.. i got problem with 32bit collors but heavy problems with fraps..
i wanna record in 1280*1024 (32bit) with Fraps i just get 9FPS...
if i make 1280*1024 (16bit) every thing works fine... and can record vidoe till up to 60FPS

Since Scawen said that more than a year ago, it's no any surprising info
Quote from Heiko1 :...fraps...problems...9FPS...

Disable antialiasing and you should be able to record at any resolution in 32bits colors with big fps boost.
At me it's running around 180-220 FPS.
BUT my PC sometimes crashes REALLY hard.

All of a sudden, my screen turns black and my sounds gets stuck and the pc starts to blow like a rocket.

This happens randomly!

I'm running:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor
XFX GeForce 9600GT Videocard
Asus P5K Motherboard
Fortron 700W Power Supple

Resulution: 1680x1050
Quality Settings: 100% Quality

LFS Quality Settings: Have to search them out (it crashes under every level of detail/quality)
Scawen...

My PC just crashed again, I'm getting sick of it

Could you please help me.

LFS Quality Settings at the time of the latest crash:

Misteffect: Yes
Airvisible: 32-bit
Shadowtype: High Resolution
Trees, Flags, Rubber: Normal

AA: 0x
AF: 16x

Z-buffer dept: 24 bit
Quote from rockclan :Scawen...

My PC just crashed again, I'm getting sick of it

Could you please help me.

LFS Quality Settings at the time of the latest crash:

Misteffect: Yes
Airvisible: 32-bit
Shadowtype: High Resolution
Trees, Flags, Rubber: Normal

AA: 0x
AF: 16x

Z-buffer dept: 24 bit

Sound a drivers problem or Overheating from your Q6600

The game crash to windows? do you recieve the Crash windows with the crash adress? , if yes , copy the crash adress and paste here
+1, Sudden reboot is often because your hardware is overheating, Almost of time, it's your processor, is it overclocked ??, the fan is it working ?, you can do monitoring with "SpeedFan", or other little software,

Maybe it can be your graphic card, but in most case it only freeze the computer !! and you can see a lot of glitch in your screen (polygon) 1-2 minutes before freezing !!!

the last thing i can see is your powersupply is damaged, really dirty or inapropriate for your hardware,
Scawen, I am not happy to tell this because I have to tell some problems...

...well, I think it is not very bad, but here:

Changing Layout during at race. If pressing Shift + R (or /restart), The start point doesn't download it in layout and then have to "update" it by changing it again. It doesn't do this always. But sometimes I almost get annoyed about because it has no start point and have to start at pits...

I hope you can fix this...

EDIT: Or you can tell about if there is some kind of error which I could repair it myself so it seems to be only me. Let's hope for it
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Scawen, I am not happy to tell this because I have to tell some problems...

Is this specific to the test patch, or does it happen in Z as well? If it's an old bug, you should report it in the Bugs - Program section instead, not here.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z10 (online compatible)
(533 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG