The online racing simulator
Quote from aroX123 :Red?
What is the name of the next test patch? 11 or higher?

Sorry for offtopic:

Yellow of course, corrected.

And IMO the next test patch will be Z11, but I don't care
Quote from G!NhO :I think you should remove the laptimes and counter because its cruise, where you dont need laptimes.

I don't want them to be removed, but that's my personal opinion. Scawen if You want to know, You should create a poll so people will vote .
Quote from Scawen :
*snip*
...are there any other issues in cruise mode and should anything else be disabled, for example the lap counter / lap times?

Personally, I can't think of any issues for cruise servers other than the flags thing.
Lap times/counts don't get in the way at all and as has been said, some servers have lap time/count records anyway. IMO it's not worth bothering to remove it and they do add value/a challenge to some.
-
(LiveForBoobs) DELETED by LiveForBoobs
Quote from Flame CZE :That can be the version wih VWS, nobody knows.

Thats the beta testers version.
Quote from Degats :Personally, I can't think of any issues for cruise servers other than the flags thing.
Lap times/counts don't get in the way at all and as has been said, some servers have lap time/count records anyway. IMO it's not worth bothering to remove it and they do add value/a challenge to some.

What about pit lane penalties for speeding, like drive-through and stop-go? The problem with these is they cannot be cleared unless you drive a lap in the correct direction. Maybe the pit lane penalty system should be disabled in cruise mode - as I understand it is up to the cruise server software developer to check speeds and apply whatever punishment they want to, bypassing the LFS system.

I'm just suggesting this because I think it would be very easy to disable the speeding check.
Most cruise servers I think keep the pit-lane speed limit, however most implement a fine when you speed. So the drive-thro is kinda redundant really. On [LC] it gives you the option of clearing your penalty.

So deleting it but keeping a way of detecting speeding in the pits [I presume that's normal anyway as they do it around the whole track] is best imo
Quote from Scawen :What about pit lane penalties for speeding, like drive-through and stop-go? The problem with these is they cannot be cleared unless you drive a lap in the correct direction. Maybe the pit lane penalty system should be disabled in cruise mode - as I understand it is up to the cruise server software developer to check speeds and apply whatever punishment they want to, bypassing the LFS system.

I'm just suggesting this because I think it would be very easy to disable the speeding check.

i think there should be laptimes, but they shouldn´t get counted in lfsw. I think hotlap charts can still be countet in servers. I hate wathing my states and seeing there times 40 seks away from the wr

pit lane penalties could go, because on the most cruise servers i know you get spectated / fined anyways.

yellow flag could stay, if it would be seen in both direction. if its possibe.

blue flag is pointless.

personal opinion by a racer, but i think (and hope) cruisers think the same way).
Hmm regarding the pit limit, I imagine that the vast majority of cruise InSim applications currently use the penalty flag itself to determine speeding as it's simpler. Said program can then automatically clear it if needed.

However it's fairly simple to change the InSim app to detect the speed itself. The only potential issue is a delay (or difference in delay) in the detection if there is a lag spike. Another thought is MCI delay - as I understand it, MCI's are sent at intervals (often 1sec) but the pit speed penalty is instant. Whether that matters in the slightest, I have no idea.

I'm on the fence on that one, although it may (or may not) be useful to be removed for people using the cruise flag but without InSim for whatever reason.

Edit: Could perhaps be useful as a server side option? This could also give some servers (including racing) the option of changing the pit limit speed through InSim.

@ John5200: If you don't like slow laptimes reported on LFSW, do some fast laps without an AX layout
Yes, I agree with John. Yellow flag is useful if you are near to a car who is stopped (or its moving very slowly), but seeing a blue flag while you are behind the other drivers is a bit weird

And time...sometimes I check it if I'm trying to beat my cruise pb.

I vote for the lap time to reset in each pass over the start/finish line. Whatever your direction is. This way you could have time in both normal and reversed directions.
Quote from Luke.S :No problems on Windows 7 Build 7100 so far.

+1, no problem at all

The only "problem" is that my FPS got upped w/ 20 :P
Quote from Whiskey :Yes, I agree with John. Yellow flag is useful if you are near to a car who is stopped (or its moving very slowly)

Unfortunately, LFS's yellow flag detection is pretty useless for cruise servers as it could treat a car moving at the speed limit as being slow, and would also flag up cars stopped nowhere near the road. It also has no concept of 'wrong side'
Quote from Degats :Unfortunately, LFS's yellow flag detection is pretty useless for cruise servers as it could treat a car moving at the speed limit as being slow, and would also flag up cars stopped nowhere near the road. It also has no concept of 'wrong side'

I never saw a yellow flag caused by obeying a limit (I don't know at what speed yellow flag shows up)

If a car is "parked" legally or ilegally I want to know it, it could be a radar or a car who has just made a spin and it's going to get into the middle of the road as most of cruisers do

And the wrong side, ok, but I didn't mentioned it
In my opinion the blue and yellow flag both should be removed (for cruise). Also, I like the idea of removing lap times too, as well as removing the pit lane speed limit, because I think they're not useful for cruising.
All in all imo its too detailed look into options that a game which have intentions to be racing simulator on first place doesnt really need. For god sake people... CRUISING!

/takescover
Quote from ZanZi :All in all imo its too detailed look into options that a game which have intentions to be racing simulator on first place doesnt really need. For god sake people... CRUISING!

/takescover

Agreed

But....
Quote from AndroidXP :What if people who have no idea what they're talking about would simply shut up for once?

Can Handle this
some of us enjoy ALL the aspects LFS can offer, Cruise, Race, Drag, Drift.
Anything that can be done to increase the number of people who use LFS is a good thing IMHO. As long as it stays true to it's roots.
Remove pit speed penalty's
Remove blue/yellow flags
Remove laptime
ginho you forgot lapcount
I don't get it why are devs promoting cruising, and killing off the drifting (real motorsport, not just cruising around the track with speedlimits)? And where is the rallypack?
Fern bay makeover?!?!?!?
Quote from Aid :i wouldn't say it's a bug because you have to remember that during cornering weight gets transfered to the outer tires and in many cases inner wheels can even lift off the track, if it's front or back depends of setup and becase inner tires do much less work then outer very loaded tires they don't make to much noise comparing to outside tires, i would say it's correct sound effect isn't it?

Dude, read my post, that is exactly what I said.

The inner tire is in red (screechy), but the sound comes from the outer tire. This happens for the two fronts (should I corner left or right, the sound comes from the outer tire, while it should come from the inner), and I think with the rears as well (I didn't notice it, but i'll do that).

I don't have Z anymore, so if someone could confirm/infirm that on Z, it would be great.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z10 (online compatible)
(533 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG