The online racing simulator
After playing on Z10 for a while I just realised that this is one of a hell solid version. Z10 just works great, no bugs no crashes.

Great job on this one too.
yes i noticed that too plus the fun involved with the ABS...
#78 - Gunn
I have cleaned some posts from this thread. Some were spam, some were not, but please keep in mind that this thread is meant to be for Scawen, to aid with squashing bugs and testing upcoming changes.

Don't post anything in here that does not relate directly to testing the current test patch. Have your arguments elsewhere (preferably not on the forum at all) and please don't post in this thread if you are not actively testing. Thanks guys.
#79 - Gunn
Quote from chavm481 :look at the chiped fbm whels!!!!!

The textures used for the FBM wheels are a direct photograph of the wheels on the car that Scawen drove. The decals have not been applied with any great care, but that's how they were IRL on the car in question and so are represented in LFS the same way. For those who like things more tidy, I believe there is a 'clean' version available at Master Skinnerz somewhere, or you can of course edit the FBM_rims.dds file which can be found in your LFS.data/dds folder.

Just to clarify: this is not a bug.
I though it was untill i zoomed in
I wasn't sure where to post it. But here's my problem. Been driving with in car view most of the time. Today, when i checked custom view (only wheels) I saw that the wheels were empty inside (road cars and GTR's). Everything seems normal with outside view. I't started when rotating brake discs appeared on LFS in patch Z3

Please tell me what .dds file(s) I'm missing? Or maybe it's a conflict between some dds file(s) due to usage of modified brake calipers and/or padz.
Attached images
Outside.png
Inside.png
Quote from priit213 :...

Not a conflict, not a bug, and already posted before by many people. Since the brake discs now rotate with the wheel, and the wheel never appeared in this view, the brakes don't appear on it anymore. You can also notice this if you flip your car and look closely to the inside part of the wheels.
It is not a bug. And also, this view is not realistic at all, so why should it include the brakes anyway?

Scawen, I have something strange about the fps limiter, it happens on patch Z as well as on the test patches.
When I'm playing LFS the fps is usually about 110~120, and never drops below this. When I set the game to limit it to 83FPS for example, the game limits the fps on 77, not on 83. If I set it to limit the fps on 100, it limits to 93, not 100. And when I disable the fps limiter, the game goes back to the normal fps (110~120). On the games convention videos I've seen, with fps limited on 100, the game had exactly 100.0fps all the time.

Does it has something to do with my processor? Pentium D 820, 2,8GHz + 9800GT
I tried a fresh LFS install in my computer, same thing occurs. Tried it on another computer too, with a Celeron 1,66GHz + FX5500, and the same thing happens (except that I had to limit the fps to 30 in order to get these results, and the fps was always 28.1FPS instead of 30).
Even though when I tried to limit the game on 30FPS on my computer the results were closer to the limit: flickering between 29.9FPS and 30.0FPS, and when I disabled it, I got the normal fps again.
if i limit to 40 it will only do 40... its not the game.
Scawen, if you use follow view, and set Options>View>Angle to 15, distance to 5, then angle resets to 14.9 after next restart. Strange, but bug
Quote from Velociround :
Scawen, I have something strange about the fps limiter, it happens on patch Z as well as on the test patches.
When I'm playing LFS the fps is usually about 110~120, and never drops below this. When I set the game to limit it to 83FPS for example, the game limits the fps on 77, not on 83. If I set it to limit the fps on 100, it limits to 93, not 100. And when I disable the fps limiter, the game goes back to the normal fps (110~120). On the games convention videos I've seen, with fps limited on 100, the game had exactly 100.0fps all the time.

I got the same problem here. Version Z.
Quote from priit213 :I wasn't sure where to post it. But here's my problem. Been driving with in car view most of the time. Today, when i checked custom view (only wheels) I saw that the wheels were empty inside (road cars and GTR's). Everything seems normal with outside view. I't started when rotating brake discs appeared on LFS in patch Z3

Please tell me what .dds file(s) I'm missing? Or maybe it's a conflict between some dds file(s) due to usage of modified brake calipers and/or padz.

:doh:

This has been discussed hundreds of times, the whole world knows about this!
when comes Testpatch Z11 and the patch with the VW???????
Quote from Bass-Driver :when comes Testpatch Z11 and the patch with the VW???????

The patch with VW will come early in 2009. Please, READ!!
FPS limit works fine in Z10, for me.
Quote from Flame CZE :The patch with VW will come early in 2009. Please, READ!!

i know but when ??
Quote from Bass-Driver :i know but when ??

I don't think the devs will set another fixed date for a patch release anytime soon.
Quote from zeugnimod :I don't think the devs will set another fixed date for a patch release anytime soon.

ha a good anwser
Thx
a lot of thanks scawen
10 min ago i join a Z8 server, then i get a time out and want join the server again and i cant get in
it says: Host has Z8

i still have z9
Quote from Bass-Driver :10 min ago i join a Z8 server, then i get a time out and want join the server again and i cant get in
it says: Host has Z8

i still have z9

Try with Z10?
-.-

anyone knows why the patches suddenly cant work together??
i think its a little bug of the masterserver??
something wierd is going on.. LFS is just saying wrong versions on all possible hosts and patches.. when i try to connect i get a JOOS - COUNT MPSYS CONNS something and it just starts reconnecting.. any ideas?
Not sure if this is a new bug or not because I recall having this issue before. No matter what I do, I cannot get the vsync to turn on. I'm running nvidia at 2560x1600. Is there a fix for this?
Attached images
LFS 2009-01-03 12-15-57-26.jpg
Ok, so went to search for hosts and it says they're all on the wrong version... yet I haven't changed LFS since I last played last night (which was fine).

I re-downloaded the Z-->Z10 file and extracted it, but it still has the same problem. And at the bottom of the main screen it says I've got Z8
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z10 (online compatible)
(533 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG