The online racing simulator
strange problem now. The dash of my xrt seems to have turned into red leather. It ain't my comp cause everything else is fine. It ain't my dds textures either they are all default. I have no idea whats causing it since my dds textures are default and everything else black is fine. I've only had it in Z10, Z9 was alright.
Attached images
hmm.jpg
That looks pretty funky actually!
I know it looks like red leather. Just not my taste :P Btw scawen my gfx card is a nvidia 9800gt 512mb. Never been overclocked
Specification
Quote from Luke.S :strange problem now. The dash of my xrt seems to have turned into red leather. It ain't my comp cause everything else is fine. It ain't my dds textures either they are all default. I have no idea whats causing it since my dds textures are default and everything else black is fine.

Luke.S, hello

You posted in the forum today a picture of your car xrt, with internal and red on the left below has some features of the race, how to achieve these specifications for my car fxr, help me, show me the path or the file that need to lower my LFS.

grateful,

pjuniorbra-Brazil
Quote from pjuniorbra :Luke.S, hello

You posted in the forum today a picture of your car xrt, with internal and red on the left below has some features of the race, how to achieve these specifications for my car fxr, help me, show me the path or the file that need to lower my LFS.

grateful,

pjuniorbra-Brazil

i dunno how to get the red. And the centre console buttons are my dashboard texture.
Quote from Luke.S :strange problem now. The dash of my xrt seems to have turned into red leather. It ain't my comp cause everything else is fine. It ain't my dds textures either they are all default. I have no idea whats causing it since my dds textures are default and everything else black is fine. I've only had it in Z10, Z9 was alright.

Z10 Has no texture for any of the roadcars so it is something you have changed yourself.
@Luke: Isn't that the RAC texture?

@Niko: You editted your .VOB file by the look of it.
Quote from LFSn00b :Anyone else having horrible looking shadows? I got them after i installed my new gfx card(ATi Sapphire radeon HD4670)

yep

graphics card - geforce 8600gt 512
It's fine with 9600GT.
@Niko: I think you shouldn't worry about the sharpnesss of the shadow if you are running the game without AA filter
Niko

I have the same problem on Radeon X1950GT 8.12 drivers.
Same problem here.
HD4870 - Catalyst 8.12
Attached images
Screen_371.jpg
I am quite sure the hi-res shadows have been low-res like that for quite some time now - it's not a test patch "problem".
I dont see the problem...

With cf 4870x2 Ct 8.12 , looks fine aa8x/af16x
With G6200Ge Nforce 164.44 , looks the same aa2x/af16x
Quote from PioneerLv :Niko
I have the same problem on Radeon X1950GT 8.12 drivers.

For such an old Graphics card (mine is a Radeon 1950XTX 512 Mb) the last-best drivers were the 7.11.
Quote from rc10racer :Z10 Has no texture for any of the roadcars so it is something you have changed yourself.

Nope. Niko : yes that is the rac dash but i looked in the dds folder and the xr ones are there as xr and the ra ones are as ra so /me is confused. Cause they were fine in Z9 and i ain't change anything since then apart from downloading Z10. It looks like LFS has somehow glitched and is reading the files wrong.
LOl what you guys having for probs?

my brother is playing lfs on his old Ti4200 card and he got all at high res and it looks for this old card BRILLIANT!
#43 - Byku
Ok guys... I always though that those shadows SHOULD look like that O.o... they shouldn't?

Also Radeon HD4870(Cat. 8.12)
Attached images
lfs_00000011.jpg
Same here with ATI Radeon HD3650
Attached images
lfs_00000001.jpg
Quote from Ripley :For such an old Graphics card (mine is a Radeon 1950XTX 512 Mb) the last-best drivers were the 7.11.

Man i love you! Finally someone says that. Thanks mate, gonna check it out and bring it to my PC, because then never drivers, then crappier video card feels.
On my computer, the shadow problem is worst!

It's like I have only a shadow triangle under one wheel... I will post some screenshot tomorow.

I run LFS.exe under wine on my Linux Fedora 10 distribution. On the same configuration, la Z version of LFS is perfect.
My graphic card is an nvidia Geforce 7600 GT.

Thanks for reading.
Its like that on mine also..

I have an 8600GT 6.14 drivers

All settings on max
Attached images
lfs_00000014.bmp
Here they are... One the first one (number16), when I turned my steering wheel, the shadow become wilder.
On the second, we see only the triangle under one front wheel.

Attached images
lfs_00000016.jpg
lfs_00000017.jpg
My shadows looks like that(I'm using hi res), but really I don't notice these pixeling when driving/whatching replay.

Me thinks it is simplified due to new, more complex and realistic shadow drawing. Don't expect shadows from thief3 in race sim until S3.
Attached images
shadows.jpg
#50 - wien
Quote from LFSn00b and a million others :Anyone else having horrible looking shadows?

Sigh... Like xaotik said this is nothing new, it's been like that forever, and furthermore it's not a bug.

This is just how real time graphics work. Finding a balance between quality and the FPS you would most likely be crying about if you didn't get is everything. What you're seeing there is a variant of one of the most popular shadowing techniques these days doing its thing; shadow mapping. Shadow mapping will give aliasing artefacts like that unless you use obscene resolutions for your shadow maps and/or shaders that could make a Cray cry. Because of that you'll see a similar "problem" in just about every game on the market today. The hardware targeted by LFS can't do better at a reasonable number of FPS.

Not a bug.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z10 (online compatible)
(533 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG