The online racing simulator
iPad 2. I lol'd.
oh shush, you'll upset the other Dustin.
Doesn't matter. I just bought a 17" Macbook Pro. I officially love Sandy Bridge as a CPU architecture. Watching a 1080p movie with ZERO CPU usage... is magnificent.

That is what I bought instead of an iPad 2.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Watching a 1080p movie with ZERO CPU usage... is magnificent.

Windows users managed to do that ages ago, even with Core2Duo + GeForce 8400GS $100 combo.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Windows users managed to do that ages ago, even with Core2Duo + GeForce 8400GS $100 combo.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Doesn't matter. I just bought a 17" Macbook Pro. I officially love Sandy Bridge as a CPU architecture. Watching a 1080p movie with ZERO CPU usage... is magnificent.

That is what I bought instead of an iPad 2.

Indeed, the load is shifted to your GPU instead. You have been able to do that on a Windows based OS for quite some time now, it is also possible on a fair few flavours of *nix.
It is a software thing brah, not hardware.
Leave it to Apple fanboys to be excited about features that are so trivial and standard to the rest, for a fraction of the money.

I guess the whole subculture of shiny design that Jobs created has infected people's ability to reason.

I wouldn't mind having a Mac though. That means I could sell it and have 2 brand new computers that can do 4 times as much each.
No. It's actually a hardware feature in Sandy Bridge that does H.264 encoding/decoding on a dedicated chip on the die itself. It does it in Windows and Mac as well.

The whole machine is just crazy fast.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :No. It's actually a hardware feature in Sandy Bridge that does H.264 encoding/decoding on a dedicated chip on the die itself. It does it in Windows and Mac as well.

which every noteworth core 2 chipset and every since core i gen 1 cpu was able to do already
Quote from (SaM) :Leave it to Apple fanboys to be excited about features that are so trivial and standard to the rest, for a fraction of the money

I was actually looking at the Xoom, BB Playbook, LG G-Slate etc. but I'd rather stay with a company that has great hardware, software, tech support, and that doen't have a chance of going under (RIM).
Samsung UE40C6510 LED TV

My first ever bought TV! Great images, though I've quickly discovered, not perfect, since it suffers from 'clouding' and 'flashlighting' when presenting a dark image in a dark room. I thought LCD's were beyond this kind of thing by now...

+

+

= Mackie The Staggie making a competitive return to local football. Been in training for the past few weeks and slowly getting back into the swing of things, and had a few games where I performed well enough although on the losing side for all but 1 of our 5 pre-season games.

[amis]

[/amis]

must have some decent bass while cruising

Finaly a wifi router My phone came alive now!
Updated my router to 2011 specification aswell, 1000base-t and integrated torrent client are nice.

i'm waiting for my isp to release a bridge mode firmware so i can use my D-link. their superhub super sucks ass.

My car had 2 small holes in the rear panel where that badge should be, found a used replacement one on ebay for a fiver, now its all looking as it should, all fitted.
You should of covered the holes with 2 v8 badges
8 longer wheel bolts

4 58mm bmw wheel logo's

///M sport gearknob
Quote from G!NhO :8 longer wheel bolts

4 58mm bmw wheel logo's

///M sport gearknob

I own the one with the Metal Ring which i like a bit more then this one.

It was time for some new rims now.
4x ASA GT1 with Hankook V12 Evo XL

EDIT: it's actually these...

Quote from BastianB :I own the one with the Metal Ring which i like a bit more then this one.

It was time for some new rims now.
4x ASA GT1 with Hankook V12 Evo XL

The metal ring doesn't really go with anything else in my interior so this one fits better.

Post pics with the rims on.

Post your Last Purchase!
(7003 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG