The online racing simulator
Let's plan some races late this evening?
22:00 GMT+1 ye?

It finally arrived =)

just ordered 4 more gigs of kingston hyperx series ddr3 1600

Can't wait for it to arrive.
VIP tickets to this!

and hotel room also booked, my my how the cost of raving has rocketed!

Tickets and hotel came to over £160, and thats not including the petrol money it will cost to travel to brum, plus spends for the night, i can see this NYE setting me back nigh on 300 sheetz :/

But its a rave, and i love it so im sure i shall be fine! :elefant::elefant::elefant:
You're not going to like this but it has to be said:

Quote from danthebangerboy :VIP tickets to this!

What do you get for your "VIP ticket"? The whole concept of being a "VIP" is so utterly anti-punk I can't help but think of you and all the other VIP ticket purchasers as being unbearable twats.

Quote from danthebangerboy :my my how the cost of raving has rocketed!

No it hasn't. The cost of attending bullshit commercial gigs has rocketed if you are the sort of person who buys into "VIP tickets" and similar promoter bullshit.

This is why I hate the current dance music scene. All this "VIP" bollocks. When electronic dance music took off it was because total nobodies could do it in their bedrooms on hardware they already owned. Now it's all European DJs in designer shades in ****ing arenas with thousands of stupid dickheads pumping their fists at them. The music doesn't really come into it any more.
Quote from thisnameistaken :You're not going to like this but it has to be said:

What do you get for your "VIP ticket"? The whole concept of being a "VIP" is so utterly anti-punk I can't help but think of you and all the other VIP ticket purchasers as being unbearable twats.

No it hasn't. The cost of attending bullshit commercial gigs has rocketed if you are the sort of person who buys into "VIP tickets" and similar promoter bullshit.

This is why I hate the current dance music scene. All this "VIP" bollocks. When electronic dance music took off it was because total nobodies could do it in their bedrooms on hardware they already owned. Now it's all European DJs in designer shades in ****ing arenas with thousands of stupid dickheads pumping their fists at them. The music doesn't really come into it any more.

The only reason i go VIP (especially at something like NYE) is because the queues are literally sickeningly immense, luckily we went VIP last year so you get in a different VIP only bit to go into, but it still took over half an hour to get into the rave, but the normal non VIP queue was just stupidly big, at the speed it was moving at it would have taken literally hours to get into the place, plus the VIP bit gives you another extra bar bit to go to, which is the only place in the whole venue that has seating, now dont get me wrong, i can (and do!) still rave with the best of em, but 10 hours on your feet at 26 years old isnt really going to happen, i need a sit down for a few minutes now and again these days, im not 18 anymore, plus you dont have to bugger about waiting to use the toilet for 20 minutes as there is one in the VIP area.

But ill give you that, for alot of the 'unbearable twats' (theres plenty of em!) it isnt about the music at all, its about getting spooned up out of your face on heavily cut chemicals and dancing like a loon to anything and everything, but i like to think im above that side of it, i only go to these events for my love of hardcore, i have always been very anti drugs (apart from the very occasional spliff like once a year if that) and i only go for the music, whats sy just released, what new tracks are re-con or joey riot gonna drop in, whatts gamma and darren styles upto, etc....

And ill agree on the commercial comments as well, i for one loved it the best back in the mid/late'90s when it was still relatively underground, but times change, especially in hardcore, so you either have to move with the times (good and bad, we have had shit times where its dropped off as well as getting massive again as it is now) but you either have to go with it, or end up dropping out of the scene altogether, which i will never do i dont think.

The day carl (mc storm) gives up will be the day i give up, and he will never quit, that man is like a stick of rock i tell thee, if you could break him in half there would be HTID written through him, plus it was him who taught me how to do the whole 'vocal scratch' thing back in the day, so for helping me with that personally makes him even more of a legend!

Over 10 years ago now we made that (drunken!) pact, in a dark and dingy, freezing cold sanctuary in milton keynes, god dont time fly.
Quote from danthebangerboy :... good and bad, we have had shit times where its dropped off as well as getting massive again as it is now) but you either have to go with it, or end up dropping out of the scene altogether, which i will never do i dont think. ...

Wow you are a bona-fide lifetime cash machine for the biggest no-talent music scene that ever existed. Sadly there's ****ing millions of you.

It's weird that you're drug free because I only ever went to raves and club nights for the drugs and tried to stay as far away from the ****ing horrible music as I possible could.
Looks like i am one of the view then kev mate, because i genuinely really do love my hardcore, i am literally Hardcore Till I Die, i first heard the 'core when an old mate played some to me back in about '96 and i have never looked back since, through thick and thin, good and bad, im still hardcore through and through, nowt will ever change that.

I mix hardcore, i also MC over hardcore too now and again (wrote a few new lyrics recently actually) plus i do really enjoy it as well, im at my happiest when im banging out some 170bpm stuff or throwing a rhyme or 2 over it, its what makes me happy, i dont know what it is or why it is, but everything about hardcore just sits really well with me, the banging basslines, piano fills, drops and cheesy vocals, it just works for me.

But i must admit, as much as i love spectating at a rave, i would be much happier if i was up there on the decks mixing it up, i really do love it, but even after 10 years, im still not good enough to mix it with the big boys yet, well not at stuff like raverbaby or SV, i have done smaller local events in the past tho, plus a couple of my mates andy and ryan (ron-e and aajay) have gone into the producing side of things and have already got one track released, aajay is off into the studio with joey riot and kurt in a few weeks time, i aspire to get there one day tho.
Well, just to try to mitigate my criticism in earlier posts: I don't think you're thick.

I don't know what else to say because you've bought into a scene I've been rolling my eyes at for probably as long as you've been interested in it, so I suppose we are at loggerheads there. But I've made my point and you've taken it in good humour so that's us done as far as I'm concerned.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Well, just to try to mitigate my criticism in earlier posts: I don't think you're thick.

I don't know what else to say because you've bought into a scene I've been rolling my eyes at for probably as long as you've been interested in it, so I suppose we are at loggerheads there. But I've made my point and you've taken it in good humour so that's us done as far as I'm concerned.

good, sensible, mature men here ^
Quote from logitekg25 :good, sensible, mature men here ^

Dan is the more agreeable of the two of us. I basically backed down from being a total prick because he was so nice!

I came here from a 2h15m telephone conversation with a close friend and business partner who I've been arguing with about important things for about a week and we still haven't found a way forward. I think I was still in that argument mode and picked on Dan (sorry, Dan) and was a bit surprised at how friendly Dan was in response because I'm not used to it.

Sorry again, Dan.
Flip&Fill - Kokaine

Awesome hardcore track, about the only one I like!
No probs at all kev, i much prefer a structured discussion with varying viewpoints like we have had, as opposed the omg stfu noob kind of stuff that can happen on the internets these days.

And you are right too, hardcore isnt for everyone, i dont suppose there is any genre that suits everybodys tastes, i for one absolutely hate gabber with a passion, its probably one of the closest genres to hardcore (in terms of BPM anyway) but i really cant stick it, everyone likes different stuff i guess, its the way of the world.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :Flip&Fill - Kokaine

Awesome hardcore track, about the only one I like!

Thats euro/pop dance jamie, still a good track tho, plus it is quite hardcore (ish) as well, give it a few more BPM and it would pretty much be there
-
(danthebangerboy) DELETED by danthebangerboy : dbl posted, sorry.
Should arrive soon
Quote from thisnameistaken :Dan is the more agreeable of the two of us. I basically backed down from being a total prick because he was so nice!

I came here from a 2h15m telephone conversation with a close friend and business partner who I've been arguing with about important things for about a week and we still haven't found a way forward. I think I was still in that argument mode and picked on Dan (sorry, Dan) and was a bit surprised at how friendly Dan was in response because I'm not used to it.

Sorry again, Dan.

Good job bummer! taking it out on innocent formuers!

thats just uncalled for.

Its all good for me, i like a good debate, its good for the soul!

Incidently, i grabbed myself this for NYE as well.

Had to be done lol
warranty replacement, but they were out of stock, so i had a 75$ store credit

skullcandy agent black sheep headphones

and a much needed skullcandy belt

should arrive in about 7 days :hyper:

To go with my q6600 quad core slacr chip and Corsair Dominator 4GB ram + tuniq tower 120 i bought few weeks back for £50. Fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow so i can throw it alltogether and start clocking the q6600 to 3ghz+. All i need now is a new gfx card as i think the 7600gt i have now is a bit shit
From what i've just read they're two diferent things, Hz is the refresh rate and ms is the response time for the pixels to turn on and off.
Quote from matijapkc :How many Hz would 2ms be? I'm a bit stupid for converting that stuff.

Hz = Frequency = How often stuff happens.

Ms = Time = How long something takes.

Incomparable.

Post your Last Purchase!
(7003 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG