The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Luke.S :Just because someone has an awsome car doesn't mean they don't play LFS

If you have the money for a Lambo etc, your probably going to be able to stump up for a trackday / track car which is going to hit the spot in a way LFS never can.

Secondly, I doubt LFS really appeals to the demographic that can afford such exotic cars.

Lastly, typically those people who afford those cars have worked hard for them, and as such end up with very little free time to enjoy them... I doubt that they would use the little free time they have to (in the nicest possible way) play "video games".

LFS is a great sim and very realistic, but sitting in an office chair in a darked room with a G25 is nothing like actually being in a car.

Yes, it's possible that you could own a Lambo and play LFS... but it's very unlikely.

It's also possible that everything the M6 owner mentioned is correct - but as we've all seen on here and many other forums, people love to lie to impress others on the internet.

Lets take a well established posted on another forum, telling us about his new ride & then posting some pictures. Only then it turns out that someone seems to have an identical car in Malaysia... same colour and everything. What are the chances?

In fact it happens a lot more than you'd think (edit - links are dead. The car actually lives in Canada, but the member cleverly flipped the pics to make it look RHD).

Obviously when a new poster turns up with a fantabulous (M6 was on the expensive side of £90k new, let alone the cab...) car, they will be met with scepticism, especially when that car appears to be up for sale, and easy to copy the pictures from...
I do own one. See:

My baby!
Quote from Jakg :Now you say it that makes perfect sense - for some reason all I had in my head was illuminated wipers which made no sense at all.

Not to worry, I thought the same thing when I read it until I looked at the photos.

And, if I had the money to buy the various cars mentioned, I probably would play LFS because I could afford a PC and the driving setup I'd like to have. As it is now, I drive a cheap used VW Jetta and don't play LFS anymore because of old PC syndrome. More important things to spend money on than replacing a web browser box and a wheel/pedal setup that no longer works, like the cheap newer car so I can get to work instead of it sitting torn apart constantly in the driveway.
Quote from nisskid :what's wrong with that? LFS is the best racing sim IMO, it's not like there is a premium sim for guys with 100,000's of $$.

not sure why owning an expensive cars mean u wouldnt wanna still use race sims.

yupp, I have a 84 dodge daytona (dont sound like an expensive car right?)
look at the pics......

and the lastest to roll out of the shop

Just sayin I have some expensive rides and I play this game lol
All those pics and not 1 burnout.
Quote from Shotglass :america in a nutshell really

lol what i thought

Btw: Looking for a new car to buy beginning next year. I want something sportive with minimum 150 PS but relative cheap.
A dream of mine would be an e46 Coupe.. But i only can go up to max. 12.000 € So i was thinking about maybe an Toyota MR2 or an Golf Gti or something..
Any other Suggestions?

it could have been any country with a drag strip. unless your post had a hidden meaning......
Quote from Jakg :If you have the money for a Lambo etc, your probably going to be able to stump up for a trackday / track car which is going to hit the spot in a way LFS never can.

track days cost like $100 here in aus, they aren't exactly reserved for the rich only. i know tonnes of track day regulars who play LFS as well.
Yeah, I rebuilt the engine and modded the body just a bit. That was my result.

Is it because im big? oh well, Im not embarrassed about my size
Quote from dadge :it could have been any country with a drag strip. unless your post had a hidden meaning......

Its USA, ALabama..... Let the flaming begin on Alabama
Quote from BrandonR :Is it because im big? oh well, Im not embarrassed about my size

its also the pickup in the back
the overuse of the checkered flag pattern on that sign
the flashy colour of your car
your car that started off being only good in a straight line and having been converted to be really fast... in a straight line
the sidepipes
the intake
you wearing shorts and ones which are way too colourful anywhere that is more than 30m away from a pool the sea or some other waterbody
the white socks
the baseball cap

all in all you only have to take one quick glance at the picture and you know exactly which country it was taken in
I agree with the above.
Quote from BrandonR :Its USA, ALabama..... Let the flaming begin on Alabama

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET HOME.......

sry culdnt resist
Quote from Shotglass :
you wearing shorts and ones which are way too colourful anywhere that is more than 30m away from a pool the sea or some other waterbody
the white socks

I wear white socks every day. And I used to wear flashy shorts in summer.

Doesn't(or didn't) make me look American at all. Not a bit.
I got new brakes all around the car today from turner motorsports after i needed brakes 3 years ago i use engine break mostly. Only thing is i need a front caliper coz the outer rubber on the piston came off and got rusted. will change it tomorrow with a brake fluid flush !
Attached images
P300910_14.19.jpg
^^nice

brother bought slotted rotors the other day, so ill probably be installing them this or next weekend :|
Quote from Klutch :^^nice

brought bought slotted rotors the other day, so ill probably be installing them this or next weekend :|

Considering your exceptional mechanical talent, you'd probably be more safe to take it to a mechanic who actually knows what he's doing.
Quote from jibber :Considering your exceptional mechanical talent, you'd probably be more safe to take it to a mechanic who actually knows what he's doing.

1. I'm perfectly capable of doing it myself, i've done much harder jobs
2. Its cheaper to do it myself
3. Its fun to do it myself

and LOL @ TRUSTING MECHANICS to do a good job.
Some of the dodgiest shit i've ever seen have come from "Qualified" mechanics.

I'd rather do it myself and know its done properly.
Quote from Klutch :1. I'm perfectly capable of doing it myself, i've done much harder jobs
2. Its cheaper to do it myself
3. Its fun to do it myself

and LOL @ TRUSTING MECHANICS to do a good job.
Some of the dodgiest shit i've ever seen have come from "Qualified" mechanics.

I'd rather do it myself and know its done properly.

If you do it as good as rolling fenders... yeah, might aswell do it yourself.
its pretty easy to point out the people that know absolutely nothing lol
Quote from Klutch :its pretty easy to point out the people that know absolutely nothing lol

Yeah, It's mostly those that finish their sentences with "lol". Your next response will probably be something like "no u, lol".

But anyway, who cares, if your brakes fail and you crash into a tree... one street racer less to worry about.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG