The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Klutch :it is in australia

x2.

BMWs have got a quite an overrated reputation among young people imho.
cheap, good and rwd, why not?
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :cheap, good

A bit like my mom then, or janice.

Anyway car: Jabba, I wouldn't buy that
Quote from Matrixi :Is this what people really think these days? Extremely low offset = über performance yo? Heard of a thing called scrub radius?

Anyone who thinks there's no downside to running massively lower offset wheels than designed by factory, do yourself a favor and watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEXrEbfbzLw#t=6m55s

The lower the offset of the wheel you are running compared to factory spec, the worse your steering becomes, unless you change the whole suspension geometry, which I'm sure 99,99% of the people who simply bolt on some -30 offset wheels on their cars don't. I agree that wide and low offset (up to a degree) wheels look very cool but "improving performance" is not what I'd call it.

running a lower offset rim on a drift car = being able to run more steering lock without the tyres hitting the chassis, seems like that is improving performance to me, i havent have any bump steer issues befor running lower offset rims tho the lower ive run is 0 (or at least i couldnt notice it)

i'll agree that most people that put low offset rims on there car dont care about performance and that isnt why they are putting them on there car, they put them on it because it looks 1000x better then rims that dont fill the guards
Quote from Töki (HUN) :I bet they are not angry on German motorways.

yes they are
bmw drivers are twats no matter where in the world you go
yea here we call them bmw wayne kers. and i was one for a month
Figured I'd upload a picture as I always get annoyed when I check this thread, only to find no one uploads pictures any more...So i'll try and start it off.

Haven't done much to it lately, messed around with the front grill and badges after I removed them from the rear. Gunna do it again soon but with a nice shiny looking black, the front end will get sprayed in the next 6 months anyway, lots of stone chips.

I used the innotech turbo cleaner kit on it, as I was having a few flat spots and problems with the VNT actuator sticking on once warmed up and doing about 80. This would cause it to go into limp mode until the car is restarted. These cars are prone to suity turbos causing this so I wasn't too fussed. I done it once (though a bit shittily) which helped the problem but it still happens every now and again. Though the flat spots went, so hopefully the second run through will finish the job.

Had to get two front tyres for it as well, why did I buy a car with big wheels?!?!?
Attached images
Image022.jpg
Image023.jpg
Image024.jpg
*gasp*

OMG YOU CHAV.

Actually was looking for a 110 or a 130 TDI Golf myself but realised they were either too expensive or, having done 150,000 miles, too elderly. Yours looks fairly clean though. Swap my corsa for it?

I can relate with the big wheels/tyres cost. I have 215/35/R18 wheels/tyres on mine and well, the cost isnt even worth considering.
Your the one with the corsa!!!

It's the 115 version i've got, 6 speed but the same PD engine as what's used in the 130/150 version except smaller injectors and a smaller turbo.

So tuning is quite easy with these engines, will be a while before anything is done though, probably a quick remap to about 150bhp will keep me happy till I get the funds to waste on it....

Either that or sell it on for a 130, purely because I grudge in having to pay £112.50 to tax when the exact same engines pay £66.50 as long as their 51 plates and above.
i got 255/40/17 on rear 235 on front, guess my price
Quote from Klutch :yea but 2nd hand rotas are even cheaper! :P

the funny part is, they arent really that much cheaper, kind of like drift teks, they sell 2nd hand for like 1k, it's rediculous.
soarer got chopped by a t66 powered FD tonight

need moar powah.
Quote from Bawbag :Your the one with the corsa!!!

It's the 115 version i've got, 6 speed but the same PD engine as what's used in the 130/150 version except smaller injectors and a smaller turbo.

So tuning is quite easy with these engines, will be a while before anything is done though, probably a quick remap to about 150bhp will keep me happy till I get the funds to waste on it....

Either that or sell it on for a 130, purely because I grudge in having to pay £112.50 to tax when the exact same engines pay £66.50 as long as their 51 plates and above.

Normally though with remapped diesels all that really happens is it goes a little bit quicker and empties the entire contents of the SAS's smoke grenade stash out of it's exhaust pipe everytime you go near the throttle. Stick a BIG TURBO on it and Bob's your uncle (he's not, your parents lied).

Talking of chavvy Corsa's, I'm tempted to go the Redtop engine route and up with THIS

Sucks about the tax though, those bastard EU laws that they pummel us with...REBEL.
That's ridiculous, I had a little play with a corsa redtop one night, fast little feckers, funny how it's still registered as a 1.0 12v tho...

Good route to go down if you want a cheap track car, a redtop is only £200 so really you just gotta get it fitted properly and your off.

As for a remap, who taught you that? It's actually the opposite if you get it done properly. TDI's only smoke because the fuel delivery is the same when the turbo is spooling up as to when it's boosting full, causing the smoke until the turbo kicks in.

A remap will give you more power but also better spooling. (Even more so since i've got a decat) A bigger turbo however, longer spooling, more smoke.

As for the tyres, I got 2x 225/40/18's for £86 delivered, good price I thought.
Yeah Redtop conversions are mechanically quite simple but electronically very difficult, to get all the lights and dials etc to work properly.

And yeah take your point about the diesel remaps, but I was only speaking from what I've seen. As for tyres, budget tyres, yucky. Can get Avon ZZ3s for about £70 each and Avon do pretty decent tyres. I'm personally going to replace mine (when necessary) with some Vredestein Sessanta's which have absolutely raving reviews and look nice to boot.

Anyway going home from work so bye bye
Quote from Bawbag :
As for the tyres, I got 2x 225/40/18's for £86 delivered, good price I thought.

...I thought you said they were expensive?

For some odd reason my car uses 225 / 45 / 18's... I paid £86 for just one Falken a few weeks back
I got lucky tbh, tyre places quoted me £70 per tyre, online the cheapest I saw was £55 per tyre.

Then wonderful eBay comes along and I find a nice set of two for £86.

They are the cheapest tyres ever, but still, directionals so they still look ok and they grip really well too, better than the kuhmos I had on before. (SUNEW I think the tyres are)

Even still, £43 for a tyre is expensive when you go no money!
Quote from Jakg :...I thought you said they were expensive?

For some odd reason my car uses 225 / 45 / 18's... I paid £86 for just one Falken a few weeks back

Consider yourself lucky. My new motor runs on 225/40 ZR18 up front and 255/35 ZR18 at the rear (staggered wheels). To put anything decent on (Pirelli, Michelin, etc), I'm looking at nearly £200 a corner

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :Consider yourself lucky. My new motor runs on 225/40 ZR18 up front and 255/35 ZR18 at the rear (staggered wheels). To put anything decent on (Pirelli, Michelin, etc), I'm looking at nearly £200 a corner

Regards,

Ian

Might as well, buy a good Micra every year
Quote from Ian.H :Consider yourself lucky. My new motor runs on 225/40 ZR18 up front and 255/35 ZR18 at the rear (staggered wheels). To put anything decent on (Pirelli, Michelin, etc), I'm looking at nearly £200 a corner

Regards,

Ian

Try and find a tyre that that's not a rip off, unless you're getting Pirelli PZero Nero's that's a stupid price.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-225- ... L&hash=item45f59d7e9e

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TWO-New- ... s&hash=item20afd5991d (In US but you can get them in the UK if you look around)

I've researched these and they're brilliant according to people who've owned them, look nice and last well too.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/T ... stein/Ultrac-Sessanta.htm

You're welcome.
Part worns is where is at brothers!

245/45/17, £25 a corner
Sold the 5 series, that had 18"s by the way.
Still got my Golf V5 but thats still broken
So I am driving a E36 320 coupe.

any pics?
re:post your car
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG