The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
yeah yeah! performance will be much better with soft OEM suspension and 55-60 profile tyres on some 15'' or 16'' wheels. seems that everyone likes that their car is swaying like a water bed when they are trying to get sideways in corner!
idk, maybe your s2000 got superb OEM suspension kit, so you can't understand why others are choosing to set up aftermarket ones.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from jibber :

It is. Rice = Mods on your car that don't help performance. Huge offset with stretched tires doesn't improve performance, it ruins it... therefor, it's the newest fad/rice of the car scene.

should say low offset, you want your offset to be low running low offset rims means u can have wider rims or more steering lock without the rim hitting the chassis, so not only does it look better when your guards are filled with some decent rims but it improves performance

stretched tires are pro for drifting, it stiffens the sidewall, less sidewall flex feels so much better in my experience + it allows you to run wider rims without the tyre hitting the guard if you dont want to run overfenders or bolt or flares
masternick, thanks for your correction. i fail about the high/low offset thing

and, I bet, that Jibber thinks that stock rubber bushes are much better than polyurethane ones, just because they are on car by default
Quote from Agniz :masternick, thanks for your correction. i fail about the high/low offset thing

and, I bet, that Jibber thinks that stock rubber bushes are much better than polyurethane ones, just because they are on car by default

Do you know me? No, you don't. So don't assume things that you don't know.

There's a thread about cars like this on the s2ki forum (honda S2000 forum). People discuss this "fad" of slammed/stance/stretched tires bullcrap and have asked the people who build their cars like this to come to a track, and show the others how those cars can still "perform" (because that's what those people claim all the time, that those cars don't have ruined handling). Now guess what, none of those cars have showed up at the track, no videos have ever been posted... because they would fail miserably. All they can do is "hardpark" at the stance meetings they attend. That's what those cars are good for.

Nobody said you can't improve stock performance. But slamming a car so it almost hits the ground on every little pothole and almost rips the tires off when cornering hard, isn't doing that.
Quote from masternick :should say low offset, you want your offset to be low running low offset rims means u can have wider rims or more steering lock without the rim hitting the chassis, so not only does it look better when your guards are filled with some decent rims but it improves performance

stretched tires are pro for drifting, it stiffens the sidewall, less sidewall flex feels so much better in my experience + it allows you to run wider rims without the tyre hitting the guard if you dont want to run overfenders or bolt or flares

Quote from Agniz :masternick, thanks for your correction. i fail about the high/low offset thing

Lower offset improves performance, but 97% of the people that lower their BMW to the ground and put stretched tires are not thinking that because those modifications wouldn't entirely help. Everytime I see a picture of a BMW with those type modifications all I can think about is how they took the balls right out of the car. Therefore its still rice, by definition.
how about not caring about the performance, but liking the way those modifications look?
Quote from masternick :running low offset rims means u can have wider rims or more steering lock without the rim hitting the chassis, so not only does it look better when your guards are filled with some decent rims but it improves performance

Is this what people really think these days? Extremely low offset = über performance yo? Heard of a thing called scrub radius?

Anyone who thinks there's no downside to running massively lower offset wheels than designed by factory, do yourself a favor and watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEXrEbfbzLw#t=6m55s

The lower the offset of the wheel you are running compared to factory spec, the worse your steering becomes, unless you change the whole suspension geometry, which I'm sure 99,99% of the people who simply bolt on some -30 offset wheels on their cars don't. I agree that wide and low offset (up to a degree) wheels look very cool but "improving performance" is not what I'd call it.
It makes you look like an idiot in the eyes of all the self-appointed car experts/enthusiasts/snobs here.

I guess that's why you shouldn't post about your car modifications (whatever they are, performance enhancing or not) on a forum where most of the people cannot afford said mods/cars.

As much as everyone denies it, do not underestimate a trait called jealousy
Quote from jibber :Both are cars with too big wheels and too little suspension travel. It's the same (stupid) trend, really.

more importantly both are the most boring kind of standard everday cars riced to hell

Quote from PMD9409 :Lower offset improves performance

first and foremost messing with the offset changes the suspension stiffness messes with your scrub radius and a lot of other important metrics that none of the people who buy a set of wide way too large wheels (which ruin both the ride and the limit handling trough increasing the tyres cornering stiffness through the root) have any hope of ever understanding

Quote from Fuse5 :I guess that's why you shouldn't post about your car modifications (whatever they are, performance enhancing or not) on a forum where most of the people cannot afford said mods/cars.

yeah exactly the people who are most vocal about not messing with your cars mechanics if you dont know what the hell youre doing are clearly jealous
lets see we have first and foremost tristan (owns a semi modern formula 3) jibber (s2000) matrixi (r32) and me (mr2) clearly we all drive shit hatchbacks that were built for pootling around on the roads and are massively jealous of horribly modded corsas and bmws
it's not like your mr2 belongs in that list of 4 cars...
Quote from G!NhO :it's not like your mr2 belongs in that list of 4 cars...

His is an MR2 turbo, which isn't a cheap car at all.
Still...
Quote from G!NhO :Still...

boating thread is that way -> ... oh wait, there no boating thread :0
Quote from Fuse5 :boating thread is that way -> ... oh wait, there no boating thread :0

Quote from G!NhO :Still...

Your right, it's got nothing on an e30 320i with "M" badges on it...
Quote from Shotglass :
first and foremost messing with the offset changes the suspension stiffness messes with your scrub radius and a lot of other important metrics that none of the people who buy a set of wide way too large wheels (which ruin both the ride and the limit handling trough increasing the tyres cornering stiffness through the root) have any hope of ever understanding

I was meaning to a certain extent, and after many other changes to your car. I don't believe that the stretched tires they were talking about provides any help at all to handling, as that would just be silly.
Quote from G!NhO :There is! haha i made one. So you loose.

how dare you call me loose, you don't even know me >:O
Damn you!
*munches popcorn*

See, look at all the discussion that evolved from my riced up Corsa.

Some of those BMW's are pretty nice though, but I still prefer a white E93 M3, lowered 20mm, with black 19 inch wheels.
I bet they are not angry on German motorways.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG