The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
I don't think you should modify ANYTHING now, maybe wheels only - overwise you will rape it.
And yes, rear lights looks fantastic
I love that car! I can't tell is it a mazdaspeed3 or not?
Quote from flymike91 :I love that car! I can't tell is it a mazdaspeed3 or not?

No it's not a Mazdaspeed version. It's a 2.0 N/A I4 if I remember rightly.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :That is probably one of the nicest cars I have seen for a long time. You should be very proud of what you've done to that.

^ Indeed, I love it too. Also, dat e30 :P
got more pics of that e30 cabrio in background?
Quote from Agniz :got more pics of that e30 cabrio in background?

I knew when I saw that BMW in the pictures that you would be the one to ask about it.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I bet the difference in ride quality (when offroad) between them two is like night and day!

Nice car.

True enough, but I have to remember to flick the switch from soft to hard when I get on a sealed road or it is like being in a boat. It crashes about like no ones business when I hit the dirt track in hard mode too, worse than the van. But I don't have to worry about breaking anything which is nice, because I have already cracked another down pipe on said van.
love the car much better with out the tow hook/tow eye
those headlight cover, things seem to not go so well with the curves of the body...maybe if they ended on the same line as the hood?
remove eyelids and change wheels it looks nice as it is now though, good job
Keep the eyelids I like them, finish off the car nicely.
It's a 2.3 liter; the never sold 2.0 liter hatches in America.

Eyelids will be removed when I paint the headlights, I have someone that wants to buy them that helped install the coils so I figured that would be easy enough haha. I love them in angles like the first shot; otherwise I don't like them.

But yeah, headlights will be painted black; meaning not the outside, the chrome in the headlights will be black, and I will have super bright halos installed in a few more weeks.

Still looking at wheels, it's already been a solid 2 months at looking, still not sure what to buy yet, hate it lol.. so hard finding the right wheels!

Yeah, I'm slightly happy with the tow hook gone; the reason it was removed is because we were supposed to do the halos and headlights first thing on Saturday, so I took it off, but we never removed the bumper which is fine, coils took all day anyway.

Rides like a go-kart right now lol; which is fine, there is still a lot of proper work to be done to it; and I am getting a tiny bit of rubbing inside the front wells, but yeah, I am SUPER happy with where it's sitting. Maybe a tiny tiny bit lower, but.. that isn't much of a choice unless I remove collars and stuff which is dumb. Bigger wheels will be better, going up to 18s and less tire wall so...

Okay serious question for those that noticed. On the way down to installing these coils, I was averaging 60mph, which is slow.. but I was in absolutely no early, I got a good 45 minute head start than what I was expecting. Anyways.. I was averaging 30mpg. On the way BACK I was again averaging 60mph... but getting 34-36mpg. I am fairly certain it wasn't wind either; think the aerodynamics changed that much that air stopped flowing under the car and around it?

I guess I will find out this weekend when I go home for spring break.
Quote from lukelfs :Took a better picture today

02 03 11 3 by TwinFlow, on Flickr

Tidy little flat-archer

You registered on 106OC ?
Edit: Found you
Quote from XCNuse :Still looking at wheels, it's already been a solid 2 months at looking, still not sure what to buy yet, hate it lol.. so hard finding the right wheels!

have u tired tirerack.com? they have some relly nice cheapo wheels
New suspensiony parts have arrived!

Should have her back on the road soon i hope, cant wait! :woohoo:
Nice, hope you enjoy it

XCNuse: Your car looks great! Really clean!

Got my new cage + coilovers.. only fitted one coilover today..hahaha
Still sorting out the mess the previous owner made of the wiring loom AARGH!!

Quote from XCNuse :Okay serious question for those that noticed. On the way down to installing these coils, I was averaging 60mph, which is slow.. but I was in absolutely no early, I got a good 45 minute head start than what I was expecting. Anyways.. I was averaging 30mpg. On the way BACK I was again averaging 60mph... but getting 34-36mpg. I am fairly certain it wasn't wind either; think the aerodynamics changed that much that air stopped flowing under the car and around it?

A lower car would generate more down force so increase fuel use, so I'd say your driving had more to do with it. Unless your car has a really bizarre aero package so the increased pressure under the car forced it to lift as such lowering fuel use.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :
Can ya' see what it is yet?

A Teeyoda?

Blam bitches, my 2 car *ahem* garage.

Independent front susp =

Lift and angry tyres!
Quote from KiRmelius :Independent front susp =

Lift and angry tyres!

Looks like standard height and stock tire size to me. Yes, that truck is around the general time of the transition from 4X4 4wheeling to soccer mom vehicle, hence the independent front suspension.
It is a 1992 Surf, so has IFS rather than the shitty solid axle as found on the 80's surf, which was fine for low speed driving, but once you go over 12 it became twitchy and put a lot of people into a ditch (mostly in America though, which says a lot). The biggest change I need to do is either LSD all round or selectable lockers. Open diff is shit when everywhere is icy.

But try not to forget that the Surf is named after the type of person Toyota thought would use it. Surfers, IFS is better when dune hopping than a solid axle. Which is why a Trophy truck would run IFS.

And I suspect the lift and angry tyres was a list of things I need to do, not what has been done to it.
Quote from Klutch :Why the hell did it take all day?

lots of talking, and my friend that has installed coils before had to go to work because some jerkoff called in sick, so we slightly had no clue what we were doing hahaha
Quote from XCNuse :

i actually like ur mazda, not my usual taste. would like to see some nice wheels on it though, maybe something like some black 5-10 spoke splits.

any more pics of the bm in the background?
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :A lower car would generate more down force so increase fuel use, so I'd say your driving had more to do with it. Unless your car has a really bizarre aero package so the increased pressure under the car forced it to lift as such lowering fuel use.

you counted downforce, but you didnt count turbulence and drag.

dropping your car can reduce the car's vertical footprint in the air so to speak. air doesnt just flow underneath a car linearly, it's usually quite turbulent and can cause drag.
Quote from Scrabby :Nice, hope you enjoy it

XCNuse: Your car looks great! Really clean!

Got my new cage + coilovers.. only fitted one coilover today..hahaha
Still sorting out the mess the previous owner made of the wiring loom AARGH!!

cage looks alright, but holes in frame supports look like just holes, not dimple dies? am i seeing right?
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG