The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from pb32000 :I've never crashed a car... a lot of young drivers do though, just statistics.

You heard recently the EU pining to even out female and male insurance because they deem it unfair?

It's all well and good, but they aren't lowering male insurance, they are just increasing the female insurance... bastards.
Quote from pb32000 :But the Golf probably cost 4 times as much as the 106 Jamie, not everyone can afford to spend £1000s on their first car.

Anyway I would definitely start off in a cheap car, then it doesn't matter so much if/when you crash it (assuming its just into a ditch and not into somebody else).

Yea, a decent MK5 TDI will set you back about 5k, i'm wanting to upgrade my MK4 GTTDI to a MK5 but hell, these stupid VW's hold their money....Suppose it will help when selling mine.

As for the insurance, apparently mens will drop by 10% and womens will increase by 25%, dumb thiing to introduce because they will just find other ways to pull our panties down each year.
Quote from Bawbag :Yea, a decent MK5 TDI will set you back about 5k, i'm wanting to upgrade my MK4 GTTDI to a MK5 but hell, these stupid VW's hold their money....Suppose it will help when selling mine.

As for the insurance, apparently mens will drop by 10% and womens will increase by 25%, dumb thiing to introduce because they will just find other ways to pull our panties down each year.

I've got a MK5 GTTDI had a few problems with it though which apparently have been resolved in the MK6, maybe worth holding out for those to come down to a reasonable price.

Insurance for me was £900 this year (I'm 23) so a 10% drop will be nice, as long as they don't get you elsewhere like you say!
As I mentioned in my post I accept the purchase price is alot higher.

Anyway, what "problems" do you have with your Mk5

Mines at 103k (and in need of a service now) and running fine apart from a a bad judder under full throttle in 5th at about 1750 rpm, but that's only recently started about 500 miles of getting it remapped (many full throttle dumped clutch starts and 2nd gear wheelspins probably cause that).

£2100 to insure, but currently it's about £3400 because I'm paying monthly. If I pay it off though I can settle the debt.
Mums picking up a 2004 wrx club spec evo 7 tonight

i can't wait to drive this thing..quite fast, has a decent exhaust on it too.
Quote from Klutch :

i can't wait to drive this thing..quite fast,

I can't wait for the after picture:

u mad?
he right. u mad klutch.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :£2100 to insure, but currently it's about £3400 because I'm paying monthly. If I pay it off though I can settle the debt.

Monthly usually cost a bit more... but not *that* much more!
Loose the "online discount" because I had to phone up to pay monthly. Funny that.

Say after three months I've paid £900, I need to pay about £1100 to settle it off.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Anyway, what "problems" do you have with your Mk5

ABS control unit failed, ECR failed, combined total for those to be replaced was £1500 (although I managed to get VW to come down to around £1000 with a free MOT and Air con recharge thrown in too).

Turbo is whining too which is very common on the GTTDIs, I will get it replaced at some point but you're looking at £300 for a second hand unit alone. Repairing the current one is just as much

The problem with these newer cars is that everything is so sealed up and such a bitch to work on you either spend days in the garage doing it yourself, or you pay through the nose to get someone else to do it. To even get to the turbo you have to remove the front subframe, so much effort!

edit: Mine had 30K on the clock when I bought it last year, the electronics problems just happen overnight
Whose mom would ever get such a beast car? Way too much for doing the shopping, etc. Just... why? What for? I love Subarus, but I just can't see my mom driving one.
Aparently Klutch's mom is just as crazy as he is.
Where do you think me and my brother got it from?

She used to drive a v8 holden torana
Unfortunately you got gyped. They sold you a car with the steering wheel on the incorrect side. Do you really want your passengers driving?!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Unfortunately you got gyped. They sold you a car with the steering wheel on the incorrect side. Do you really want your passengers driving?!

Left control arm has been replaced today. Got a stronger, aluminium one and a full wash too. Thanks god I had some time to spend on her...
Random pics here: http://toki.kuvat.fi/kuvat/BMW/MyE34/werkonthelady/

Still a lot to do, seems like a neverending story, but I love doing it.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Unfortunately you got gyped. They sold you a car with the steering wheel on the incorrect side. Do you really want your passengers driving?!

unfortunately, you've created a paradox. a passenger who drives can never be a passenger. now back to firing my main deflector at a flux capacitor.

Quote from dadge :yeah, but where you wheelie bin?

*applauds"

Hopefully, all being well, this will be my new set of wheels on sunday!

Wait til they see me roll up to college in that!
No, I am not joking, either...
Quote from dadge :yeah, but where you wheelie bin?

Can't say nothing after that
Quote from pb32000 :ABS control unit failed, ECR failed, combined total for those to be replaced was £1500 (although I managed to get VW to come down to around £1000 with a free MOT and Air con recharge thrown in too).

Turbo is whining too which is very common on the GTTDIs, I will get it replaced at some point but you're looking at £300 for a second hand unit alone. Repairing the current one is just as much

The problem with these newer cars is that everything is so sealed up and such a bitch to work on you either spend days in the garage doing it yourself, or you pay through the nose to get someone else to do it. To even get to the turbo you have to remove the front subframe, so much effort!

edit: Mine had 30K on the clock when I bought it last year, the electronics problems just happen overnight

You should have bought an AA warranty. Although not a complete problem solver, it saved me about £140 in cost when my N/S electric window broke on my Ford Focus. The Warranty covered loads of other stuff, inc severe mechanical issues.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG