The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Heres a pic of my current ride, its running a CT20B Turbo, 3" straight through exhaust and a gen 3 lsd gearbox

It gets me around own nicely
Quote from pb32000 :ABS control unit failed, ECR failed, combined total for those to be replaced was £1500 (although I managed to get VW to come down to around £1000 with a free MOT and Air con recharge thrown in too).

Turbo is whining too which is very common on the GTTDIs, I will get it replaced at some point but you're looking at £300 for a second hand unit alone. Repairing the current one is just as much

The problem with these newer cars is that everything is so sealed up and such a bitch to work on you either spend days in the garage doing it yourself, or you pay through the nose to get someone else to do it. To even get to the turbo you have to remove the front subframe, so much effort!

edit: Mine had 30K on the clock when I bought it last year, the electronics problems just happen overnight

Ah I see, my turbo is "whining" as you say, has a little whistle when going onto boost. When they remapped it at RTech they said it was all in good condition. Unless it sounds like a supercharger I wouldn't bother replacing it. Turbotech may be worth a call if you do end up having to, though. They're well recommend across many turbo car owners site.

As for everything being so compact, that's just to do with the safety and space crap that the EU come up with.

Good on you for fighting with VW and getting them to cut 33% of the price.
Quote from e2mustang :you are the cameramen in the BMW?

no lol, just found that video at local bmw forum. and only topic which is connected with cars n stuff here, is this one, I posted it here.
Quote from pb32000 :Turbo is whining too which is very common on the GTTDIs, I will get it replaced at some point but you're looking at £300 for a second hand unit alone. Repairing the current one is just as much

The problem with these newer cars is that everything is so sealed up and such a bitch to work on you either spend days in the garage doing it yourself, or you pay through the nose to get someone else to do it. To even get to the turbo you have to remove the front subframe, so much effort!

The best way round that with Ford diesels is to replace the exhaust manifold so you can use cheaper or bigger turbos, the standard exhaust manifold has a turbo cast into it, which makes replacing the turbo very costly, a few bob (about what you'd spend on a genuine replacement) and you have a pic'n'mix setup. Much nicer all round.

Quote from Equinox :*applauds"

Hopefully, all being well, this will be my new set of wheels on sunday!

[pixtor]

Wait til they see me roll up to college in that!
No, I am not joking, either...

RWD bitches, slam the slag and chuck on some allows. Knickers will be thrown in your general direction.
lol there was not 1 good option to take a normal pic/i fail !
i'll try to take 1 tomorrow when its not too dark outside
Attached images
100_0559.JPG
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :RWD bitches, slam the slag and chuck on some allows. Knickers will be thrown in your general direction.

Actually its based off te Honda Ballade (which was a base for the CRX/Civic?)so its an ass dragger

& thats not the one im going for anymore. Found one closer o home :P
Quote from Equinox :Actually its based off te Honda Ballade (which was a base for the CRX/Civic?)so its an ass dragger

& thats not the one im going for anymore. Found one closer o home :P

Eww, if you're going to drive an ugly car it should at least be RWD so you can get some oppo on. Else you're only hurting yourself.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Ah I see, my turbo is "whining" as you say, has a little whistle when going onto boost. When they remapped it at RTech they said it was all in good condition. Unless it sounds like a supercharger I wouldn't bother replacing it. Turbotech may be worth a call if you do end up having to, though. They're well recommend across many turbo car owners site.

As for everything being so compact, that's just to do with the safety and space crap that the EU come up with.

Good on you for fighting with VW and getting them to cut 33% of the price.

Turbo's will whistle when coming to boost, as the fan is spinning max revolutions all decent turbos do it, it's something you except from a turbo but slightly off topic some people say the whistle is the fan blades edging on the sound barrier, that's why it whistles but to be honest, I don't know how credible that is can anyone here shed any light on that theory?
It is just air being forced through a narrow space under pressure. For the same reason puckering your lips and blowing makes a whistle noise. Air under pressure makes a sound, depending on what it is passing through decides on the noise it makes.
Quote from BlueFlame :Turbo's will whistle when coming to boost, as the fan is spinning max revolutions all decent turbos do it, it's something you except from a turbo but slightly off topic some people say the whistle is the fan blades edging on the sound barrier, that's why it whistles but to be honest, I don't know how credible that is can anyone here shed any light on that theory?

i think that's helicopter rotor blades. with heli's it's the boom that the tip of the rotors breaking the sound barrier.
when a whip is cracked too, the snapping noise is a tiny sonic boom.
Quote from dadge :i think that's helicopter rotor blades. with heli's it's the boom that the tip of the rotors breaking the sound barrier.
when a whip is cracked too, the snapping noise is a tiny sonic boom.

Yea, maybe it was the heli blades I was confusing it with.
If its remapped have they upped the boost?

If so, it could be possible that more boost you're hearing the turbo has just gotten louder, or because of the more boost its made a slight air leak, in which case coming onto boost will sound like one of those party-whistle thingies that you blow in to.
Quote from e2mustang :lol there was not 1 good option to take a normal pic/i fail !
i'll try to take 1 tomorrow when its not too dark outside

Are you on any BMW forums such as bimmerforums or E46fanatics? Also, what shop/dealer do you work for?

Here is one shot of the X5 I drive. From one of the last snowstorms in NJ.
No i arent on any forum.I work for a local shop in Edison NJ. god forbid working for a dealer !
btw thats not snow.. check this !
Yea, the areas closer to the city got more snow that we did. I think we ended up with 8" while NYC had over 12". This wasn't even the bigger storms that dumped 10" for us and 20" for the city.

If you don't mind, which local shop do you work for?
german car shop on rt.27
A few more pics of little fiesta

Attached images
IMG_0150a.jpg

Can ya' see what it is yet?

A Teeyoda?

Blam bitches, my 2 car *ahem* garage.
not my first choice for a truck, but i honestly do hear good things about those..especially the old ones.

looks clean mate
Took a while to get used to the PAS. My van has no PAS, on the Hilux it is extremely light.

There are cleaner examples in the world (the chrome bits all need to be referb'd and/or replaced), but no rust on the important bits. It is lovely on these roads though, as they are rutted dirt tracks.
I bet the difference in ride quality (when offroad) between them two is like night and day!

Nice car.

Ignore what Tristan says (or any other of those modified car bashers)

That is probably one of the nicest cars I have seen for a long time. You should be very proud of what you've done to that.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG