The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Matrixi :I think that's true for all of us.

Actually I thought yours was really well done haha
Quote from Bawbag :I used to know a guy with one, he loved it but I think he got kinda bored after a while and the space isn't very good, though you will be surprised at just how much you can fit in a Polo. I'd love to have one, I think it's 120bhp form the 1.6 which in such a small car would for sure be pleanty of fun. Though the guy I knew sold it and got a Leon Cupra, Good swap imo, maybe you should look into the 1.8 turbo Golfs or Audi A3's? I think the prices may be around the same or less depending how many miles at has etc.

I don't recall the Golf ever having a 1.8T engine.
sure there is, golf IV for example
Quote from e2mustang :sure there is, golf IV for example

Are you sure about that? R32 was V6, and the GTI was a 2L iirr
Quote from BlueFlame :Are you sure about that? R32 was V6, and the GTI was a 2L iirr

Mk IV Golf GTI is 1.8T
He is a die hard VAG fan. He just learnt something new, 'tis all.

Wait. Why am i sticking up for Blueflame?...
-
(BlueFlame) DELETED by BlueFlame
Yup, they are indeed a 1.8T.

We've had them in work quite alot, but i think i remember some being badged as "1.8T's" and not GTi's, and they had non-GTi spec interiors too. I could be wrong however.

Bloody brilliant engines though.

E: Just done a quick search. Turns out they sold 1.8T's seperate to the GTi, and it had the same 1.8T engine as the GTi, but only producing 150hp instead of 180hp like in the GTi/Audi TT/Audi A3 etc. etc.

This VAG lark is so confusing. :hypnotize
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Yup, they are indeed a 1.8T.

We've had them in work quite alot, but i think i remember some being badged as "1.8T's" and not GTi's, and they had non-GTi spec interiors too. I could be wrong however.

Bloody brilliant engines though.

Yup, was in the Mk1 TT aswell, but like most VW engines, you just can't destroy them lol
Picked up another Miata this year, this one's a '96 M-Edition. She's stock for now, other than a Borla catback & factory R front/rear lower lip's, though next year should bring a Kraftwerks Rotrex supercharger kit & a few other goodies. (the '91 may become a V8 project build ) The lighting atop Pike's Peak was pretty bad by the time I got up there - she's actually a deep blue, not black.
Attached images
Pike's Peak M1.jpg
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :If you wan't something German, how about a Golf GTi or an Audi A4?

Even if the Polo was a 5dr, i doubt you would have enough room for your Wife and Kid and then all your luggage for a Holiday.

A good friedn of mine has Polo (non gti) and i have to say the space avaible is pretty good. If i buy the Polo it defenetly will be a 3 door

Golf and A4 are nice cars, too but a bit too expensive for what i got.

Doesn´t need to be a german car, just something what is fun to drive and not a cabrio Getting a bit bored of the 318 ti and planing to sell the punto so i need a new (or a good used one) small and fun car

Quote from Bawbag :I used to know a guy with one, he loved it but I think he got kinda bored after a while and the space isn't very good, though you will be surprised at just how much you can fit in a Polo. I'd love to have one, I think it's 120bhp form the 1.6 which in such a small car would for sure be pleanty of fun. Though the guy I knew sold it and got a Leon Cupra, Good swap imo, maybe you should look into the 1.8 turbo Golfs or Audi A3's? I think the prices may be around the same or less depending how many miles at has etc.

The actual Polo GTi has a 1.8l 150 HP Turbo Engine.
That defenetly sounds fun and i have to say that i really like the design of the Polo.
Was looking for the new Opel (Vauxhall) Corsa OPC. This thing is a beast with its 190 HP but i don´t like how it looks from the Outside / Inside
My project for next year, as I finished my exams 2006 Citroen C3 1.4 HDi.
I already have my eyes on the donor car, with unhurt rear part and totaled front, and it's actually quite cheap too. Can't wait to start working on it.
I'm not a fan of these cars, but it's perfect for a first one.
Attached images
20091211097.jpg
20091211098.jpg
Quote from BlueFlame :Must be rare then, I've never seen one

There's actually quite a lot of them around, I actually don't even know why the GTi was ever given the 2.0 8v lump, even the 1.8 non turbo is faster (20v kicks it's asssss) But yea, nowadays since they are quite cheap to buy there are pleanty of 1.8turbos kicking around, same engine as in the audis too.

I think I read from someone that the turbo GTi's have 180bhp, not all of them do, even some GTis only have the 150bhp engine, though the 25th anniversary version obviously has the 180bhp one, <droooool>

Quote from BastianB :A

The actual Polo GTi has a 1.8l 150 HP Turbo Engine.

That defenetly sounds fun and i have to say that i really like the design of the Polo.

Was looking for the new Opel (Vauxhall) Corsa OPC. This thing is a beast with its 190 HP but i don´t like how it looks from the Outside / Inside

The polo GTi is 1.8turbo??!?!?!!? Ah, I just done some research and found that's the 06-09 model, I don't think he was meaning the newest one, I got the impression he was on about the 2000-2002 model which has a 1.6 125bhp engine.
Quote from Bawbag :There's actually quite a lot of them around, I actually don't even know why the GTi was ever given the 2.0 8v lump, even the 1.8 non turbo is faster (20v kicks it's asssss) But yea, nowadays since they are quite cheap to buy there are pleanty of 1.8turbos kicking around, same engine as in the audis too.

I think I read from someone that the turbo GTi's have 180bhp, not all of them do, even some GTis only have the 150bhp engine, though the 25th anniversary version obviously has the 180bhp one, <droooool>

The polo GTi is 1.8turbo??!?!?!!? Ah, I just done some research and found that's the 06-09 model, I don't think he was meaning the newest one, I got the impression he was on about the 2000-2002 model which has a 1.6 125bhp engine.

Nope. Having an eye on the 150 HP model

I know its just a Polo, lol but i heard the engine must be great and i just like the overall design of the car

It will be quite nippy with 150hp in such a small car!

Providing it's the same 1.8T engine that we were discussing earlier, then yes, it will be a fantastic engine.

I don't like VAG's at all, but the 1.8T is the best mass produced petrol engine they do imo. They respond very well to mild fettling and there pretty economical considering they are Turbocharged.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :It will be quite nippy with 150hp in such a small car!

Providing it's the same 1.8T engine that we were discussing earlier, then yes, it will be a fantastic engine.

I don't like VAG's at all, but the 1.8T is the best mass produced petrol engine they do imo. They respond very well to mild fettling and there pretty economical considering they are Turbocharged.

All VW engines are economical, that's the primary reason what VW's are good cars.
There no more economical than most cars in there class.

No point telling me there good cars though. I bloody hate them!
a big turn off is there is no heel-toeing them, because when the brakes are applied the gas is gut off from the engine (i have heard atleast :shrug
guess that's the most important feature a road car should have.
no heel-and-toe, no purchase.

seriously... what the?
just saying.....i would seriously re consider that.....i can imagine winter driving when i get stuck one day (when i get my license) aa not being able to get both wheels spinning by pressing the brakes a little its just a bad idea if you ask me
Why, for normal road driving (lets ignore "advanced driving" for a minute) would you want to put the brakes and accelerator on at the same time?
Oh man! Thanks God I'm not american

j/k
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG