The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Can't say I've ever had to heel-toe in the winter.. (or wanted to any other time, lol)
well, some people like to drive with the heel toe technique to smooth the shifting a little, and promote grip under heavy braking or taking a corner a little faster then you should be.

like i said getting stuck in ice, or snow where one wheel (with no grip) is spinning, and the other wheel has grip but is not, if you apply some brakes you will be unstuck.

so for the normal driver you are fine with that feature, but some people would hate that feature. and what is the point? to save brakes a little bit?
I heel and toe on the street all the time. It just makes me laugh when I hear about cars with stupid electronic features like the one you guys just mentioned. What a wank lol

Mine:

CarDomain:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1908608/
Not a fan of holdens but love the torries
what kind of engine does it have?
It's all written about in that CarDomain link, but it's a Holden 202 cube (or 3.3L) in-line pushrod six, backed by a four cog single rail

Cheers Klutch, I don't like VR Commodores or anything haha (not really a modern car person). I don't consider myself a 'Holden man' more than a Ford man - I'm hugely into Jap stuff too, I just like good classic cars and Toranas are one of the best. What do you have mate?
Series 3 Rx-7
Needs to be dropped.

Sweet as, what page did ya post it on?
Not sure what page its on..but anyway..

engine is a 12a 4port, rebuilt, and possibly some porting has been done (Idle certainly doesn't sound stock, and moves faster than you'd expect)

has a Series 5 Rx-7 13bt gearbox

14x6.5 Watanabes, +22 offset (Awesome fitment, fills the front guards perfect, rears could do with some spacers)

Extractors, 3" straight-through into magnaflow muffler (Extremely loud, and loves to shoot flames after a hard run haha)

Recondition radiator+thermo fan setup

All emmisions gear removed, anything that isnt essential for the engine has been removed. Air con+Heater has been removed

Its a series 3, so it comes with a stronger diff and disc brakes all around (For stock they pull up REALLY well)

Thats all i can think of really...im sure theres 1 or 2 other smaller things i've missed.

I lost my job recently, but basicaly the plans for it are New bushes all around, front and rear swaybars, then front coilovers and a decent sent of rear springs and shocks and i'll probably leave it like that.

Ideally i want a Series 5 Rx-7 (13b turbo) in about a years time, so i'll probably keep this and strip it out for a track/motorkhana thrasher or something
Nice, I don't think I'd ever own a Rotary but I love driving them and drooling over them. RX-7s are sexy as
-
(Tinytacohead) DELETED by Tinytacohead
Quote from Jakg :Why, for normal road driving (lets ignore "advanced driving" for a minute) would you want to put the brakes and accelerator on at the same time?

smoother ride through heel and toe
getting some sort of torque to the wheel that isnt spinning on snow
making sure your rear wheels dont lock up while shifting down on snow
etc
Quote from Klutch :Series 3 Rx-7
Needs to be dropped.

nice i can just imagine what it would look like when dropped.
Series 3? i call them 1st gen is there a difference as far as you know?
Quote from blakehoo88 :

There were plenty different series (read: facelifts) in the three generations.

1st Gen.
Series 1 (1979–1980)
Series 2 (1981–1983)
Series 3 (1984–1985)

2nd Gen.
Series 4 (1986–1988)
Series 5 (1989–1992)

3rd Gen.
Series 6 (1992–1995)
Series 7 (1996–1998)
Series 8 (1999–2002)
Quote from blakehoo88 :nice i can just imagine what it would look like when dropped.

Quote from Matrixi :There were plenty different series (read: facelifts) in the three generations.

1st Gen.
Series 1 (1979–1980)
Series 2 (1981–1983)
Series 3 (1984–1985)

2nd Gen.
Series 4 (1986–1988)
Series 5 (1989–1992)

3rd Gen.
Series 6 (1992–1995)
Series 7 (1996–1998)
Series 8 (1999–2002)

Correct.

Series 1-2 rx7's are pretty much exactly the same, minor different features here and there.

Series 3's had stronger rear end/diff, disc brakes all around, optional sunroof, power windows, power sunroof, better interior etc

It was the best of the first gen's
Quote from pearcy_2k7 : jks

Make jokes all you like, having owning a rotary i'm used to whatever people throw at me.
Though it does get annoying when everyone goes "1.3l? What the ****! Put a v8 in it man..."
Sigh...

The paint is shit, yep, but it runs good, handles good, and thats all that matters.
ye, definatly
but first i'd need handle the suspension wich is planned for februari/march
Quote from Matrixi :There were plenty different series (read: facelifts) in the three generations.

1st Gen.
Series 1 (1979–1980)
Series 2 (1981–1983)
Series 3 (1984–1985)

2nd Gen.
Series 4 (1986–1988)
Series 5 (1989–1992)

3rd Gen.
Series 6 (1992–1995)
Series 7 (1996–1998)
Series 8 (1999–2002)

got it
I've had this since the start of the month:

High res shots: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Makes a proper roar with an Arden exhaust system. Loves to drink fuel though. Still making me smile at motorway slip roads, or when racing an Elise back from Sunderland last weekend.
Quote from Bob Smith :I've had this since the start of the month:

High res shots: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Makes a proper roar with an Arden exhaust system. Loves to drink fuel though. Still making me smile at motorway slip roads, or when racing an Elise back from Sunderland last weekend.

:jawdrop:

I'm jealous.
Must be nice, now you can say to ladies: <Clarkson> "wanna hop in for a ride in my Jaaaagg?"</Clarkson> Anyway, nice car mate, take good care of it.

I picked up my R32 OEM headlights last evening, as they were converted for LHD traffic. Now they won't blind oncoming cars anymore and should pass future inspections aswell. Many people here just ignore this process and keep blinding everyone with their RHD light pattern, I chose not to.
Quote from Bob Smith :I've had this since the start of the month:

All the pictures are the same

All I can say is lucky gimp.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG