The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from garph :If you change into 4th it will go even faster, if it has a 5th gear you'll be amazed!

Quote from e2mustang :do you park under trees? w220 benz's main problem is leaves blocks up the drain,and water fills up the car where th modules are,we are talkin about 10 000$ of modules. and it happens quiet a lot here.

Ditto for the Rover 75 / MG ZT. MGR thought it was a good idea to put the ECU near the (easily blocked) plenum drain
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Its above 1000 pounds al he has bought multiple over 1000 pound bikes.

I doubt any of the bikes or the car were over £1000, and if they were, not by a massive amount.

It's not that hard to save up with a job and no real outgoings.
Quote from Jakg :Ditto for the Rover 75 / MG ZT

I think the boot also fills up with water which comes in along the chrome (or painted on the MG) strips along the side. A number of them we have bought have had water sloshing around in the spare wheel well
Quote from Chrisuu01 :WTF are u rich first bikes now this?

He lives on Jersey, so yes. That is Millionaires Island.
Quote from 5tag :That doesn't exactly mean it will run 110 in 5th. However I lol'd.^^

No of course not, but going from a 50cc bike which does 60mph ragging the tits off it, to a car which does 80ish MPH with 2 gears left to go is quick for me.

Quote from Chrisuu01 :WTF are u rich first bikes now this?

Not at all, i only have 2 bikes, granted ive had 4 bikes over the last year.

Scooter was given to me for my birthday,
Motorhispania Furia was £200, money loaned from a friend.
Aprilia RS125 was £150, bought myself from my savings, sold for £200.
Peugeot XR6 was £450, bought myself from my savings.

This car was £850, money loaned from parents.
I'm not rich at all, i struggle to find money for petrol. I've only managed to afford all these things by taking money out of my savings (which is now all gone) and from loaning money off parents or this one friend.

Quote from garph :If you change into 4th it will go even faster, if it has a 5th gear you'll be amazed!

I know, but i didn't have enough space to get into 4th or 5th.
Quote from Migz :
I know, but i didn't have enough space to get into 4th or 5th.

How much revs was it on 80mph in 3rd gear, 25.000?
The top speed of this car is around 95mph in 5th gear. :hide:
Quote from jibber :The top speed of this car is around 95mph in 5th gear. :hide:

I read that.
Which makes me think that my 4th and 5th gears are going to be extremely short.
Strange that 3 gears will get it up to 80. And then the last two only add another 15.
There should be a chart in the manual of the car showing the gear ratios (it'll show what speed the car will do in each gear at certain rpm). I doubt it very much you were doing 80mph at 4'000rpm in 3rd gear.
His speedo is miles off.
I do 60mph in second gear, the rest are just for economy.
Quote from Migz :4000 i think.

80mph, 3rd gear, 1.1 motor and only 4,000rpm!? I find that _very_ hard to believe... considering 80mph in 5th in my 2.5l straight-6 beemer is 4,000rpm.

_IF_ you were doing near 80mph in 3rd, it must have all but been bouncing off the rev limiter!

Regards,

Ian
My 2lt Mazda does 80mph in 6th at 2100rpm
Quote from Migz :I read that.
Which makes me think that my 4th and 5th gears are going to be extremely short.
Strange that 3 gears will get it up to 80. And then the last two only add another 15.

I'm afraid you won't be able to take that piece to the redline in fifth even though it may be possible in third gear.
my 1.0 Lupo does 130km/h (86mph) in 3rd and it tops out at 165km/h in 5th, turning ~5800rpm at limiter
Quote from ACCAkut :my 1.0 Lupo does 130km/h (86mph) in 3rd and it tops out at 165km/h in 5th, turning ~5800rpm at limiter

Hmm... a friends Aygo (1.0L 3 cylinder, 68 PS) did 150 km/h (93 mph) in third gear and finally topped out at ~170 km/h (105 mph) at nearly the same revs in fourth with still the fifth gear to go. So he couldn't even get to the limiter in fourth gear. Unfortunatly the car has no rev counter.

Also a strange limiter you got in that Lupo. My Santana 1.6 (with an engine that was basically constructed in the very early seventies) has it's rated peak power (Nennleistung) at 5600 rpm. I would have guessed a more modern engine with much lower capacity would rev at least as high.
Peak torque is at 3500, peak power at 5000, so a higher limiter won't bring a benefit. The 1.0 MPI (ALL) is basically a modernized 1960s Skoda F3 engine [1]illepall with cams that squeeze as much torque out of it as possible. In 60s F3 form it made 90hp :irked:

It has bucket taps, undersquare design, should be revable to 10k rpm with some mods, but I'm not stupid enough to pump money in a 50hp car.
Quote from danowat :My 2lt Mazda does 80mph in 6th at 2100rpm

Alot of 6-Speed Diesels are like this now. My Brothers Megane hits around 3500-4000rpm at 85mph in 5th. When he drops it into 6th, the Revs drop right down to 1500rpm. It's all for economy maaaan.

And Migz, your car was giving pretty much all it could. Top speed would most likely only be achievable in 4th, as the car would not have enough power to reach top speed in 5th (If your car has a 5th gear that is.). Some cars are like this.

In other news!...I just found out my Accords backbox is blowing. So I done a price enquiry for a new one (Bare in mine this is at trade prices!) and it came back at £285 for an OEM Backbox!! Madness!

Looks like I may go ahead and fit a stainless steel one, either aftermarket or from the Accord Type-R, but I haven't decided yet.
Quote from ACCAkut :my 1.0 Lupo does 130km/h (86mph) in 3rd and it tops out at 165km/h in 5th, turning ~5800rpm at limiter

I can safely say that i have never ever seen any car that will hit the rev limiter in top gear as far as i remember, and even if i have seen one that i forgot about, it would most certianly not be something as small as a 1.0l
Lol? My 1.2 Litre Punto does 180 at 6000 RPM and stops at ~197 with 7000..
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :So I done a price enquiry for a new one

It would of been better if you did a price enquiry for a new one.
Quote from BlueFlame :It would of been better if you did a price enquiry for a new one.

Unless I'm very much mistaken, your grammar correction somewhat backfired there.

Quote from JO53PHS :Unless I'm very much mistaken, your grammar correction somewhat backfired there.

Well where I come from of and have are pronounced the same. Done and did, are not. Not matter where you come from.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG