The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from JO53PHS :Is that a while you wait on your driveway job or a take the wheels away to the workshop job?

If you want a higher quality finish I'd recommend the latter, but if you find a reputable company (i.e. not some bodger) they should still do a reasonably good job with the equipment in the back of their van.

Take the wheels away (well I deliver them - but they want them for 3-4 days).

Got my winters so not a big problem...
Quote from Jakg :
Got my winters so not a big problem...

except it's not winter...
Quote from dadge :except it's not winter...

Yeah, but they'll do as a temporary set of wheels for a few days.
I was using my winter tyres for the whole summer... (on my daily driver, vw polo). I have a set of wheels with summer tyres, but i was too lazy to change the wheels...
haha!
its not big deal,it only wears a bit faster depending how much u drive a day with it.
Silly people and silly weather.

Yay for australia, where its always 40degrees celcius in summer, and where it will rarely get below 15 degrees in winter during the day.
Heat sucks, all the fun of driving is trough the snow!
Quote from der butz :Great car! My wife had one of those too. You have to take care of every little rusty spot, or the car will be eaten away in a week. Apart from that you can't get anything sturdier on the planet than a beetle!

The avatar '44 is yours as well? I think you've posted about it before but can't seem to find it.

greetz

der butz

Rust on Beetles has never been a problem from MY experience.
Quote from BlueFlame :Rust on Beetles has never been a problem from MY experience.

In Germany winter eat car of YOU!
for that much i buy it ! but i looked in it and they go for around 5 grand usd$
but here is an example around me. http://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/2563339184.html

Jibber: fook man ! i always think a frikking bug jumping on my monitor coz im only on pc at night.
from what I hear the actual price of a 924 has little to do with the purchase price.
Quote from el pibe :hey guys ( mainly der butz )

is it possible to find a 924 this cheap ( by cheap i mean not that expensive ) and with 91K on the clock?

it seems too good to be true

link: http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-au ... -Coupe-W0QQAdIdZ313488303

Most of the guys selling those cars simply read the numbers on the miles-dial. But if you're searching for a proper 924 (2.0, S or turbo) you have to know that all those dials were 5 digit! Usually those 924s are more likely to have 391000kms (or roughly 250k miles)on the clock. Best points to see if the car is still good or totally shot are the seams of the seats, rubber seals around the doors, overall engine condition (check leakages --->broken oil seals are a pita to change), vibrations from all moving parts and of course a history of all that's been repaired during the years.
I've got the whole history of my car, every bill has the actual mileage and date on it, so noone could mess with the dial. 350000kms is real, but still thanks to a careful (read totally anal) owner every broken part was fixed/changed immediately. I only have to have it painted before winter :-)

Quote from flymike91 :from what I hear the actual price of a 924 has little to do with the purchase price.

Indeed! If I wanted a Golf II that age and condition I would have to pay much much more!!!! Nah, really, a Porsche 924S is the most sensible way to shove your money out the window!
cheaper than many older cars, completely zinc coated, quite rare these days, cheap as chips insurance, cat converter, so cheap in tax as well, takes less fuel than my old 50hp fiesta.

greetz

der hopeicouldhelp butz
2005 Renault Modus 1.4
19,000 miles, with optional boot chute

Although the clutch is on the way out (shouldn't really be @ 19,000 miles, but maybe the previous owner was a clutch riding granny) :sadbanana

Attached images
DaModus.jpg
Quote from JO53PHS :2005 Renault Modus 1.4

Although the clutch is on the way out (shouldn't really be @ 19,000 miles, but maybe the previous owner was a clutch riding granny) :sadbanana

What, no Volvo ?
Quote from JO53PHS :2005 Renault Modus 1.4

well 6 years and only 19k miles...so yeah, most likely was a shopping cart, driven by someone who couldnt use the clutch properly
Cute little car. One manly mofo.
Is it that bad with old people using clutches in general?

I always thought it was like that just here in eastern Germany because the older people living here learned driving in two-stroke engined cars, which of course stall much easier.
People generally these days can't drive..
Yup, elder people and women = fried clutch. Except those old guys, who were drivers in those old times and repaired cars by themselves. They know how clutch works.
i hate new cars with their digital pedals etc etc... you don't have the feeling anymore that you're driving the yourself...

RX-7 wing is now fitted, plus the rear spats from a mk2 are on as well (cant remember if i posted a pic of the spats before or not, the car is a bit grimey in this pic, it needs a wash, i had been out practicing minutes earlier, i'll come to this later .

and half my set of winter/skidding rims painted, i was very kindly given these, and as the tyres on them are not very good at all, i will use them up by drifting and donuting at the fortnightly event that a mate organises, where there is a nice skid pan plus it spins up better on little skinny 14 inch wheels, hasnt really got enough power to kick out in the dry on the 15 inch wider rims it usually wears, not unless you really give it some, which involves winding the revs up and clutch kicking it round quite violantly, already learned that you have to really dump that clutch quickly or you get mass slip and a lovely smell of burning plate, not nice, i really dont want to break it, plus i should be able to get hold of barely legal/illegal old 14 inch rubber to replace once they are totally wrecked, and the place where the event is held also has a vehicle lift, jacks, and a tyre machine.

Then once i have sourced 2 more rims, and it becomes really crappy weather wise i shall get some really skinny (im thinking 165/70/14) mud and snow tyres for the winter, as running wide tyres on a locked diff in winter would be pretty dangerous its not overly bad to drive in the rain, not really, but you do have to really think about what you are doing, it does catch you out sometimes.

Which is why i did about 10 feet driving along the grass verge after a lovely little slide round a gentle right hander in the wet earlier, i had it going round lovely, in 2nd gear, nice and steady, probably barely at 30 mph, but it was fully arse out, nose of the car was pointing at the inside verge, full lock drift , i felt like ken block haha, but, i backed off the throttle too suddenly and it snatched back over to the left on me, all down to being a skid novice and therefore lack of experience i guess.

Plus with the abundance of little farm roads and expanses of open space with massive wide verges everywhere, plus loads of visibility, there is quite literally nothing to hit, and i would much rather find the balance in varying conditions in this relatively safe environment than have the car take me by surprise on the way to work in traffic for example, plus farmers concrete pads that are usually used for storing stuff like sugarbeet, but that are empty, are perfect practice grounds for doughnuttage, barely even need to steer once she's going, can near enough let go of the steering wheel and just do it on the throttle, its all quite glorious
rx7 wing looks terrible...but whatever suits you

Why does the splat cover part of the indicator? Meant for a JDM version bumper or something?
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG