The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :He is Australian.

Living on the Ceiling is no excuse.

No Blancmange pun intended. Well. Not before that anyway.
Quote from BlueFlame :Living on the Ceiling is no excuse.

No Blancmange pun intended. Well. Not before that anyway.

Have you tried hanging upside down from monkey bars for a few hours. Your brain goes mental. Imagine having to live like that all of the time.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Have you tried hanging upside down from monkey bars for a few hours. Your brain goes mental. Imagine having to live like that all of the time.

I thought with all that blood at your brain you'd have more capacity. Guess I could be wrong though.
Quote from BlueFlame :I thought with all that blood at your brain you'd have more capacity. Guess I could be wrong though.

Nah, you'd flood your brain. Like pumping the gas pedal a bunch of times, before long you flood the engine and it won't turn over.
Got the new door glass installed to my gt-r today, was a piece of cake and a lot easier than I thought it would be. 2 hours of vacuuming glass shards inside the door, 1 hour of drinking beer and 5 mins installing the actual glass.

That is a ****ing awesome car... It looks ****ing **** **** **** nice
Quote from Matrixi :Got the new door glass installed to my gt-r today, was a piece of cake and a lot easier than I thought it would be. 2 hours of vacuuming glass shards inside the door, 1 hour of drinking beer and 5 mins installing the actual glass.

haha i also installed my new door glass today! glass everywhere, damn.
Tell me about it. I found it to be the easiest to actually use the water drain holes on the door and just poke the glass shards through those using a brush and have a vacuum cleaner underneath. Still a PITA and wouldn't want to do it again!

Now I gotta find a driver side door lock since the old one snapped and broke earlier last year, then I'll be set for another driving season.
Quote from XCNuse :-snip

looks better with the standard grill and mazda badge. Keep it like that, and spray a mazda badge black to put on the back.
Quote from luke.s :looks better with the standard grill and mazda badge. Keep it like that, and spray a mazda badge black to put on the back.

+1
Nice!

More stuff!

Just waiting for the best part..
hawk brakes suck without carbon ceramic rotors,when its cold out they dont grab for shit.
Quote from BastianB :Ian Pics from the Inside please

Searching for an 320Ci but can´t find a proper one, where i live :/

Finally took a couple of pics of the inside.. excuse the state of it, only had a chance to wash it today after all the snow / xmas etc:

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Your not wrong Jack. They are MV2s.

Correct.. MV2s

Quote :Very nice car you have there Ian. You should get yourself over to www.detailingworld.co.uk. Be warned though, it can be very addictive. In the last 12 months, I have easily spent in excess of £1500 on detailing equipment. £150 of that was just for the Wax!

Thanks. I registered there and placed my order at CYC just before xmas. Settled for a DAS6-Pro in the end with Sonus 6" pads, and Menzerna Polishes, and grabbed a 4" backing plate and 3 4" Lake Country pads. ALso on the shopping list was some Billbery wheel cleaner, Red Moose Glaze, Poorboys Wheel sealant and some other bits and bobs. Lot came to just over £250 so was a good buy. Tim at CYC threw in a couple of samples of things too.. one being FK1000P which I tried today.

Took some before and afters.. doing it outside is a royal PITA with the short days we currently have.. started at 11:30, but by the time I finished at ~17:30, the light had divorced me

Did manage to grab a few before and afters though. Nothing fancy done with this.. wheels cleaned with billbery (unfortunately, they're in a terrible state of pitting etc. To be refurbed in the summer). Rinsed, roof washed with Autoglym hood cleaner, body washed with fairy washing up liquid to use as a degreaser of sorts and to cut through previous application of HD wax.. then washed with Autoglym shampoo (2BM naturally).. dried with a Megs Water Magnet (I know I know.. seems to work "ok", for now).. SFX4 pad with Final Polish with DAS followed by Red Moose Glaze and finally FK1000P wax

Maybe I'll be able to gets some "daylight" pics before I head off to work in the morning. Anyways...

Regards,

Ian
Missed a bit on those wheels, (or is that the pitting you were mentioning?) tbh wonder wheels would do just as good for 1/10th of price

Still, shiney enough.
I'd be more worried about the strip of rubber that has been cut off by curbing it.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Missed a bit on those wheels, (or is that the pitting you were mentioning?) tbh wonder wheels would do just as good for 1/10th of price

Still, shiney enough.

I read Wonder Wheels is pretty acidic
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I'd be more worried about the strip of rubber that has been cut off by curbing it.

That's nothing to worry about. If you look at the sidewall of the tyre, it sticks out quite a bit from the rim of the wheel. That is extra rubber, and it is there to reduce damage to the wheels if they get curbed. That ammount of damage to his sidewall is nothing to worry about. He still has a few CM to go before it cut through the tyre.

Quote from R34GTR :I read Wonder Wheels is pretty acidic

Correct. Wonder Wheels is Acidic, and if you try and dilute it, it doesn't do anything to the wheels. In short, Wonder Wheels is crap. Bilberry is one of the best.

@ Ian. Great job on your Car. Looks lovely. As said above, the wheels could do with some more work. Is that permanent damage? MV2's are well known to suffer from brake dust corrosion quite easily.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :That's nothing to worry about. If you look at the sidewall of the tyre, it sticks out quite a bit from the rim of the wheel. That is extra rubber, and it is there to reduce damage to the wheels if they get curbed. That ammount of damage to his sidewall is nothing to worry about. He still has a few CM to go before it cut through the tyre.

I am well aware that there is excess rubber there because so many people cannot drive. But when you do get side wall damage it pays to keep an eye on it. Because I have seen tyres fail from less.

Also, use Windolene. It does the same job of a lot of other products and isn't harmful to the wheel, but as it isn't sold as a specific car cleaning product costs a shit ton less.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I am well aware that there is excess rubber there because so many people cannot drive. But when you do get side wall damage it pays to keep an eye on it. Because I have seen tyres fail from less.

Fair enough, but that ammount of damage is definetely nothing to worry about.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :That is a ****ing awesome car... It looks ****ing **** **** **** nice

It's a stock Skyline, get your hand off your dick.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Fair enough, but that ammount of damage is definetely nothing to worry about.

I wouldn't worry in that it stops changes how I drive and always on the back of my mind. But as I normally check tyres monthly (inflation and general condition), if I spot damage I'll check it biweekly for a while.
Quote from R34GTR :I read Wonder Wheels is pretty acidic

I have used it religiously on all of my motorcycles and it never has once done any damage to any of the alloy of the wheels, or the disk's when I've accidently spilt some on it, and if I water it down a little it seems to work, just a little worse. But for some reason if the brush is soaked with water, it doesn't work and has to be dried.

I stand by it and say it's a wonderful product.

Off topic: The knob who had my car before me kurbed the shit out of the wheels, anywhere I can get it all repaired? (There are quite a few very deep scuffs/chips..)
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG