The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
it's for a mk2. They are just reflectors, not indicators.

Wing does look terrible! is adding weight really a good thing for an underpowered "skid" car?
In that case, either delete the reflector or paint it white if you want to be dodgy. Will give it a cleaner look.
Quote from Klutch :rx7 wing looks terrible...but whatever suits you

I have to agree. Big GT wing would suit much better. and might be lighter.
woopsie, forgot to give yall a teaser..

oh well, you can get the real thing.

Lovely.
I can see the haters coming, but I have to say I like it.
Please remove those mud flaps
id be scared to hell if id see a speedbump ahead
Looks sexy, but rollgage and mudflaps, whyyyyy
Me mudflaps stay sorry I love their function WAY to much.

Yeah actually those wheels are already off; the bead or valve on front driver's side had a leak so it just kept leaking air some. It was flat a few hours after I came home last night after buying them I was like... Ugh..... But not a worry, brand new tires, it can happen.

Yeah actually I had a guy take an air chisel to my wheel locks yesterday since I didn't have the key just to see them on. But my car isn't ready for them yet; buying a fender roller tomorrow, because yeah, rubbing in back.. Not fun. Dampers are at full stiff and that helped; but the ride home with buddy and all 4 old wheels.. Slow and painstaking, lol everyone was blowing horn at me but I didn't give a damn. But yeah, after removing that additional ~350lbs I wasn't worried about rubbing afterwards
Here are all of the pictures from today.

Looks awesome! It looks clean and not over-done. It just that those mudflaps ruin it for it.

You need some TE37's on that.
the mudflaps are cool
how does it do on the track?
Why are the rear wheels so far out of their housings while the front wheels look relatively flush? Please give front and rear the same kind of stance.
lol, actually TE37s I think look weird on a 3, I'm not a fan of them on this car. Mostly because we are EXTREMELY limited in wheel sizes; we can't go very low offset at all, so we get no concave in the TEs.

I think my rears are actually sitting offset wise in the +20s range. But the fronts should be somewhere in +30s. Previous owner doesn't know and I never did the math on them.

Yeah most people hate the mudflaps; but it keeps me from having to clean the underside of the car with polish compound and buffing out all of the tar and crap on the roads, I just love them to much to remove them. Especially around winter time I don't get the time to clean my car nearly as much, so my underside would be disgusting without them.

No idea on track; never tracked it before, my stock tires are Riken Raptors on stocker 17x6" wheels so.. they don't have much grip, but before I had sway bars and the roll bar I just got in, it was hella fun to drive up in the mountains; I haven't taken it back up there yet, but will get to soon, and it should handle like a dream.

I may get some small spacers for the front; I'm really not a fan of the spacers, but yeah the backs stick out quite a bit, and I really don't want to camber them out anymore than they are.

Even that is just way more camber than I want to run.

I won't be running the car any lower; with these wheels I'm actually an additional half inch or so lower than I am with stock wheels, I can't fit our jack up underneath the back end, I don't feel safe being that low.

But I still have to roll my fenders and flare them so.. yeah, buying that tomorrow; big meet I'm going to is at end of October so I have plenty of time to get everything sorted out.
So let me get this straight..

You bought wheels, refurbished them, and never thought to test fit them beforehand to make sure they were correct offset?

Im all for flush fitment, but poke and stupid ammounts of camber will not make your car "handle like a dream"
thats a far more reasonable camber than i've seen on many purpose built track toys
Depends, are you talking drift cars or curcuit/timeattack?

I've only ever seen big camber on the front for curcuit/timeattack, due to the fact that it helps turn-in. Never seen stupid ammounts of camber on the rear except for drift cars..in which case most of them do it because IT LIEK LOKZ AMAZIN.
ahem..

Massive amounts of camber on a touring car.. Helps it corner better, promotes turn in lol

Looks great XCNuse!
Just need a slight archroll on the back, will make it look sweet as! But i'm still with my opinion that you need 4x the wheel size+offset you run at the back. The front looks so... empty?

Looks great none the less!

Back to the M3..
Temporary wiring almoust done, my dad is finishing some stuff on the engine itself, got my new ignition lock in (mine broke ) so hopefully will start today or tomorrow...
No I test fit them.
But I never test loaded them.

Purchased a fender roller today, hopefully it will ship soon. Yes I know that is more camber than I want to run, but really it's only like half of what I've seen a lot of "stance" people run.

Found a BIGGER bend in that front driver's side wheel, dropped it off it should be ready tomorrow and all fixed up, so that's the good news, somehow I never saw that bend, but.. it was obvious the bead wasn't perfectly round at that point so that's where it was leaking.

So that will be fixed, running stockers until the show in October, and really until the tread dies off on them.

Sorry I don't have $4000 to buy and sell wheels Klutch; I am really happy with the way those wheels look and have put enough time in them to love them, I don't think it looks silly.

I'm going to space out the front a bit, but all will be better when the fenders get a nice roll and a little flare to prevent any [more] rubbing.

I mean these are just show wheels, I won't be running them daily. But even if they are cambered out that much, even on flat ground they still have way more contact patch and stick than my stock wheels ever will.
This is my new car. 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS. I would take pictures of it out in my street, but it's pouring. So this is the picture from the online listing.

I found it was really tough to find a car with the incredibly narrow search parameters I was using... Had to be a manual (my requirement). Had to be an American car (my dad's, since it's his money). That right there narrowed me down to almost no options... and then I had to wait for one that was in my price range, in good shape, a pretty good value, and that I liked... took 3 weeks of constant searching, but I think I finally found the right one Drove all over the place, visited every dealership within 30 miles, and just when I was about at my breaking point, I found this car. It was mislabeled as an automatic, but I checked anyway. I think this is why it was still available, and the price had just been reduced to $2,350 under the stock Kelley Blue Book value the day before. Perfect timing

Whoever had the car before me kept it in incredible shape from everything I can find. Some things are slightly modified from stock, but nothing too crazy. Hopefully the white wheels won't be too hard to keep clean looking

First thing I plan on doing to it is replacing the shift knob, but from my research, that's a headache on this car because of the setup. The stock knob is all wiggly, and it's just generally shit.
Attached images
af1811fb0a0a00020082af113d965594.jpg
af15075a0a0a00020082af11e972bd37.jpg
is that a real SS ? where is the big wing?
pretty clean tho.
Quote from e2mustang :is that a real SS ? where is the big wing?
pretty clean tho.

Yes it definitely is a real SS, but I think one of the previous owners switched the rear wing for whatever reason ( maybe rear view visibility, or it was damaged?). I don't really mind either way, I think they both look ok. I did find that strange when I found the car, but I made sure everything else was correct.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :...

How much, out of interest?

What always really annoys me is the terrible quality pictures dealers use for their cars - it's nice to see in the US they do things a little differently
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG