The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :That's nothing to worry about. If you look at the sidewall of the tyre, it sticks out quite a bit from the rim of the wheel. That is extra rubber, and it is there to reduce damage to the wheels if they get curbed. That ammount of damage to his sidewall is nothing to worry about. He still has a few CM to go before it cut through the tyre.

I _think_ that's actually a reflection rather than a slice out of the tyre (will check later). Definitely don't remember seeing any damage when I was cleaning the wheels and it would have stood out like a sore thumb when I was "up close n personal" so to speak

Quote :Correct. Wonder Wheels is Acidic, and if you try and dilute it, it doesn't do anything to the wheels. In short, Wonder Wheels is crap. Bilberry is one of the best.

I had used Autoglym custom wheel cleaner in the past, but that was quite acidic too I think.. and had heard / seen good reviews of Bilberry.

Quote :@ Ian. Great job on your Car. Looks lovely. As said above, the wheels could do with some more work. Is that permanent damage? MV2's are well known to suffer from brake dust corrosion quite easily.

Thanks Too dark to take pics this morning at 7am.. but by the time I got to work ~8am.. it had brightened a bit. The Red Moose Glaze really has worked wonders! A nice deep, wet looking shine.

That's unfortunately the extent of the pitting it really is bad and no matter how much I clean away, the wheels never look too nice and lets the rest down IMO. I diluted the Bilberry to ~3:1, first sprayed all 4 wheels, left for a minute or so and jetwashed off.. wasn't happy, so went back one wheel at a time with some more and used an Autoglym wheel brush to agitate it.. so they're currently about as good as they'll get. Took about an hour to do all 4. The bird that owned the car from new I don't think even managed to put it through a car wash, let alone clean the wheels. They're off to Lepsons when the better weather arrives and will then be removed to be cleaned and protected from then on

Next weekend will probably be a 2 day task of trying to sort out and polish my ol' man's N Reg Fiesta. Following weekend back to mine to do a proper paint correction and try and fill in, wet sand and polish the bonnet and front bumper of mine to remove the gazillions of stone chips.. then sort out my Fiancée's Pug 206.

Regards,

Ian
Quote from BlueFlame :It's a stock Skyline, get your hand off your dick.

Haha, its even sexier when stock **** **** **** ****ing looking ****car its pure ****ing sex
-
(Boris Lozac) DELETED by Boris Lozac
Got a few better reflection shots, even if it was dark again

Not quite as "perfect" as it was due to a 50 mile drive and it rained.. although the beading was good and the car dried itself within a few miles.

Regards,

Ian
and how do u like the rattlebox so far?
Quote from e2mustang :and how do u like the rattlebox so far?

I like it. Quiet (a lot quieter than I thought it would be being a soft top), feels solid, handles well and goes nicely when you push the loud pedal. 21mpg could be better, but I guess it's no rev-n-go scooter.

Seems that one of the rear parking sensors is fubar, so will get that sorted (came with 12 months warranty, so...).

Driving in the snow was a royal PITA however.. but at least the heated leather keep you warm

It seems very stiff, I guess not helped with the low profile tyres, but still very comfortable.

Took a bit to get used to the 6-speed box and traction control, but now all good and right foot restraint is in operation now so the traction control isn't an issue. I do find myself cruising about in it more whereas the E30 Touring was driven quite hard.

Looking forward to the summer

Regards,

Ian
My Car
I drive a ford focus 2001 ...What i can say? ...I love my car :X
Colour of my car: dark-green
Attached images
2000.ford.focus.25290-E[1].jpg
2000.ford.focus.4149-E[1].jpg
How can you love that interior!?
Quote from Ian.H :I like it..

Yeah it still handles good,but i just hate the rattling,and when u hit a bump the whole car shakes. i mean i dunno euro version,but it should be the same. And 21 mpg? thats less than my car (3.2 tuned engine) and i have a very heavy rightfoot
Quote from BlueFlame :How can you love that interior!?

Love for 90s beige computers? bwhahah

New rear M came in today; cut, filed down, just gotta prep for paint and paint it; don't think I will be bleaching this one.. if I have problems with it I will; but I doubt anything will happen to it on the rear.

Thinking about keeping the rears white; once I finish the M I will see; looking at my car again yesterday in the sunlight I liked the white more than I did sitting in the garage.

Overall, an "empty" grill would be best. But failing that, the black "M" looks a lot better.

Not sold on the towhook, though... it's legality is questionable, and it looks a bit tacky.
meh.. plenty of other parts of my car are illegal and I haven't been pulled over so.. until then, it's stayin'

Yeah, the grill I want removes the badge, but that's all I've got for now, until I can get the other one to fit perfectly. No one seems to know where to get a Garage Vary grill; besides from Japan of course; but I'm not spending $600 on some unpainted plastic of that size. But that's just me.
Washed and waxed! in 40 degrees; twas fun lol

Got the badges done; I've decided I will keep them white.

Would look alot smarter, to me, if the rear "M" stood out abit more. Possible in a light shade of grey/silver or even just with a black outline.
FIT RIMZ.

a
@91mason91 The rear badges will stand out a ton more in direct sunlight; not as much in the shade (as you see), so.. we'll see, I like them how they are; chrome was to much, I like black on white, but I think it would compete to much on the hatch like the chrome did.

@s14 gotta lower her first! coilovers come springtime so.. I won't be buying any wheels until the current tires are out of tread (no point in wasting the money.. not that much at least) But I think this is what I'll be going for; color matched Rota P45s to the checkers:

But, obviously I will get them to fit better than that.

When I get the coils in and drop my stock wheels, I may paint them, not sure yet; but they will have spacers on them to fit them better to the body. Especially the rears; even as forza shows.. the rear wheels have so little track on them it's hideous :/
whats the goal here? trying to lower the resale value of that mazda as much as possible?
Quote from Shotglass :whats the goal here? trying to lower the resale value of that mazda as much as possible?

or increase it, depending on who you sell it too. do you really have to be a negative Nancy all the time?
Quote from Shotglass :whats the goal here? trying to lower the resale value of that mazda as much as possible?

It will never be sold, so yeah; besides, I can return it to stock at any time, I have all of the parts. Which would be a huge plus, because Mazdas are among the highest when it comes to resale value

And then with all of my aftermarket parts I can sell those off, and make nearly all the money I spent.. or near it at least.
Ian.H's car sucks, I wanna see more pictures of Matrixi's car!
Quote from dadge :or increase it, depending on who you sell it too. do you really have to be a negative Nancy all the time?

He's German what else do you expect?

NIEN IT IZ NOT GUD JA?!? DAS IZ NOT EIN BMW..
Quote from S14 DRIFT :He's German what else do you expect?

NIEN IT IZ NOT GUD JA?!? DAS IZ NOT EIN MR2..

Germans love Toyotas?
Quote from The General Lee :Loving the look!! Will look great with smoked indis, delensed and shrouds

okay,i just ordered my smoked turnsignal with stealth bulbs. hope u`r right and it looks good. also my M stripes arrived 2 weeks ago.i dont know if i will keep it on,but defo ill try it. it will look like this:
if anyone is interrested heres a short vid i made today,also recorded today.Snow drift
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG