The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
^WHS
wouldn't affect the harshness of the ride at all.

Placebo affect.
Quote from BigPeBe :Hmmm. A strut brace shouldn't affect suspension in any level, it only makes the body more solid. So it should be as comfy as before but if the body is really "soft" originally, then a strut brace probably can help a bit with cornering.

That is my understanding too. Though it wouldn't surprise me if it was the body that was soft. I do know it doesn't feel right any more. I feel a lot more through the seat/wheel than I was used to and given the roads round here are appalling, that really isn't what I need. It was never smooth over the bumps in the rear (leaf springs), but the front used to absorb them quite well. I think more spanner time and driving is in order.

Quote from Klutch :^WHS
wouldn't affect the harshness of the ride at all.

Placebo affect.

I plan on switching it in and out over the next 500 miles to really pin down what it has done. Would be useful if I could get someone to do the work for me without telling me if it is on or not. Because the placebo affect will always be there.

[edit: Just a thought on this, when putting on the strut top, I used a knuckle bar expecting the bolts to be on well and almost fell over myself when I started turning it because it was effortless, is it possible loose bolts (all 6 of them) could have caused the soft wallowiness I had grown used to and tightening them up correctly caused the ride to sort it self out, the strut bar just being a coincidence? As well as a vibrating/pulling on the wheel when the brakes were about to lock up which is now gone too.]
Not sure if I posted here yet... don't think so.

My '5 UK 1.8iS model... No sideways pics yet but I did enjoy the snow... Also got a Hard Dog rollover bar sitting downstairs waiting to be fitted.
Attached images
mx5oc1.jpg
mx5oc2.jpg
mx5oc3.jpg
5's always reminded me of a baby viper for some reason.

Well, They are both red.
Quote from doyal :Well, They are both red.

yeah, that's it. i couldn't quite put my finger on it. thanks for that. lucky i didn't link a grey MX5 then then isn't it.
i see it actually.
Quote from BAMBO :Well, I guess it's my turn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGcseZyP6yc

Everything is in the description

as a first car it is 100% unpractical but hell it must be fun...LX6 in real

Mysho your car just rocks :bannana_gand has style (no sarcasm there)...it even has front parking sensor (the only thing I will always remember about this chevy )
Quote from BAMBO :FYI it's a romanian shepherd

Here's the second vid in case you haven't seen it on my channel. As said in the description, it does not do the car justice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUuDVy8UN6Q

Even tho it has twin 45 carbs it starts like an injection car, without throttle pumping? It's a nice car, tho I think you need minilites for it.

Pop the hood and give it some revs, always wanna see a Zetec with twin carbs.

I find it a little mad that someone has a car like that as his first.
Quote from BigPeBe :Even tho it has twin 45 carbs it starts like an injection car, without throttle pumping? It's a nice car, tho I think you need minilites for it.

It is a great idea to have a car like that as your first. You're less likely to get complacent knowing it'll rip your head off if you **** up, so your driving will be better.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :It is a great idea to have a car like that as your first. You're less likely to get complacent knowing it'll rip your head off if you **** up, so your driving will be better.

True, and the fact it sounds alot more powerful than it is will add to this effect.
Depends how old he is too?

Having said that, I may think about an Elise at the end of the year if any insurance company will touch me...
Quote from BlueFlame :True, and the fact it sounds alot more powerful than it is will add to this effect.

I doubt the noise is going to have a big affect - the driving position (i.e. low down) makes it feel much faster than it actually is, though.
Quote from bavorak :

Mysho your car just rocks :bannana_gand has style (no sarcasm there)...it even has front parking sensor (the only thing I will always remember about this chevy )

Well, unlike you'd think it's very useful when parking in centre of this godamn city.
Quote from BigPeBe :Even tho it has twin 45 carbs it starts like an injection car, without throttle pumping? It's a nice car, tho I think you need minilites for it.

The engine was warm because I had it running for quite a few minutes before making the vids. I still had to give her three short bursts, otherwise she tends to idle at less then optimal rpm. The cold start though needed a bit of throttle pumping. Mind telling me what you refer to as throttle pumping? Just want to make sure if we're talking about the same thing.

And I think I'll post a vid tomorrow with the hood off

Quote from AndRand :is this your first car in your life?

If you don't count the school car on which I learned, it pretty much is my first car

Quote : 500hp/t RWD? I think you are very optimistic, sir

I'd say it's around the 400hp/t mark. If you shed 20-50 kg and up the power to 250, then 500hp/t is achievable. And yes, it is RWD. Have you ever seen a type 7 car that is FWD? Then again, there are a few which are AWD.

Quote from TiJay :Depends how old he is too?

I am 17 years old which is extremely weird here since 99% of people here get their license at 18. I got mine at 16.
Quote from BAMBO :I am 17 years old which is extremely weird here since 99% of people here get their license at 18. I got mine at 16.

How did you get your Licence at 16? The only way you can do that here in the UK (Which I assume is where you are located, due to the car having an English reg and being RHD) is if you are disabled.

Nice car by the way. I bet it is very quick.

P.S, forget all these videos of starting it up/revving it etc. Be a man and take it out on the roads, and show boy-racers how a real car performs.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :How did you get your Licence at 16? The only way you can do that here in the UK (Which I assume is where you are located, due to the car having an English reg and being RHD) is if you are disabled.

High Rate mobility DLA is needed to pass your driving test at 16, unless he meant he got his provisional at 16, which most kids do anyway if they have the money.

My daily drive, sadly isn't my own car but it is very nice.
Attached images
dash.JPG
dash2.JPG
i30.JPG
Quote from BAMBO :The engine was warm because I had it running for quite a few minutes before making the vids. I still had to give her three short bursts, otherwise she tends to idle at less then optimal rpm. The cold start though needed a bit of throttle pumping. Mind telling me what you refer to as throttle pumping? Just want to make sure if we're talking about the same thing.

And I think I'll post a vid tomorrow with the hood off

Well usually with any type of carb/carbs you do the few pumps before starting and when starting apply lightly some gas, or in many cases even press it fully on and just release it when it starts. This also gives the very impressive revving starting style to impress other people in the gas station.

In the videos it just seemed like you simply just put the keys in lock and turn them but I guess that's not the case then.
So you pump the throttle before starting the engine? No, I don't do that. I start it as I would any other car and give her a few short bursts.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG