The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
doit,and if it blows up in a year,it was still worth it
Make sure it has an M43B18 instead of a M40B18. The latter one is an awful engine. The M43 was introduced in '93 to replace the M40 engine.
>Strip out interior&Lighten interior
>Choose to use a massive mirror that weighs probably 5kg

Also, theres seriously minimal point in stripping out your interior that much...those plastic trim pieces barely weigh what...500grams?

You've gone to all that effort, and im willing to be you haven't touched the sound deadening(Which is where all the real weight is)

also, are you turning this into a dedicated track car now or something?
maaaaaaaaaaaaybe
just maybe
the interior is still in pieces... after the cage installation
waiting for proper reassembly
>_>
Quote from jibber :I think i'll keep my comments to myself this time...

EDIT: Just one question... is it my eyes or do you use zip ties to hold together the parts of the seatbelts that are too long for your setup (the lashes going back from the seat to the cage)? How's that gonna perform for your safety in a crash?

Sorry for late response; no, the zip ties are just holding the extra fabric up so it doesn't dangle around and get annoying.

Oh and for those wondering; my car has lost about 310 pounds (140 kg) that's like.. two and a half extra.. me's in my car.

80% of which was plastics.

Build is slowing down as bills are starting to come in and get in my way. Next real "mod" is going to be an intake manifold.

I will not be boosting the engine in there, despite EVERYONE I know wishing it was lol, I can't do it. Engine has 90k miles, I'm sure compression is fine, but it just can't be done and stay as my daily driver.
Ok, 140kg is allot, but why?
All the remaining comfort you had as a "daily" is gone now.. In cold weather everything will be damp, everything will be cold. You now will hear every little stone hitting the underside of the car/wheelarches. I like the car on the outside allot, but just can't seem the understand why you want an empty interior as daily..
Quote from Scrabby :why you want an empty interior as daily..

Because it looks fawking cool when it's standing on the parking lot of the next "club meeting".
When the interior is prepped like a proper racecar one, yes.
When all the plastic parts, cables and naked and visible, no.

Quote from XCNuse :I will not be boosting the engine in there, despite EVERYONE I know wishing it was lol, I can't do it. Engine has 90k miles, I'm sure compression is fine, but it just can't be done and stay as my daily driver.

lol, 90k? Who cares. I have a bunch of customers running 120k+ mile blocks at 10psi as daily drivers w/ zero issues...

Going N/A is going to cost you way more money...and have way less of a result...ie: your car will still be just as slow as it was before and after unless you spend an arm and a leg building the engine correctly. Intake manifold for your car is like throwing money in the trash...
I heard someone has a 375bhp Evo 7 with 130,000 on the clock...no mechanical problems and apparently sounds as good as new. Service history and condition of the engine are more important than the overall mileage. Mileage and engine condition are not directly related.
Hokay, so I got my lisence around two months ago, and since I am in the military the economy isn't... well it's not too great. So, behold my new monster (I basically got it free, that's why I got it) :

Edit: It's a google picture, but same car as above.
And notice the "PRIME" tag, I am considering of sticking a Transformer sticky on it and call it Optimus Prime.
Quote from The Very End :
And notice the "PRIME" tag, I am considering of sticking a Transformer sticky on it and call it Optimus Prime.

You made me want an Atos so badly. And that's a first.
Haha!
Well, I don't know how much it would cost for a red/blue paint job too, but if I ever get more money than I really need, that car is going to be Optimus Prime!
I vote for rallypack brown.
Quote from KiRmelius :I'd vote for matte black, lots of rivets, sheet metal, armor, machineguns, etc...

http://media.gamerevolution.co ... misc/Image/evil_truck.jpg like this.

Anyway it looks like a cool little car

Lol!

Well, it's not cool, it's not even good, but it gets me from A to B so I canot complain.

Also, it uses like 0 fuel. Last time I did fill it up from "Emty" to "Full", it tok 28 liters of fuel. I drove +- 300 km and still I got like around a half tank of fuel left...
It's also very reliant, I yet have to encounter a engine failure, missfire or anything like that.

So that's the good part, here in detail is the bad parts:

1: It has not acceleration or power. Having passengers is a nightmare as the acceleration is greatly reduced.
2: As above, when driving up a hill I have to take the 2/3 gear and go REALLY high on the gear to get any kind of power. 3th gear and 60+ kmh does not sound right.
3: There is no RPM indication
4: There is no fuel warning lamp, you have to guess when low is too low
5: It's ridicilous to corner with. The center of gravity is so high, that taking corners does hurt for you passengers if not done very slow - or if the passengers is glued to the seat.
6: No safety.
7: As above, the car is very light and thin. Not only does this drastically affects the safety, it also is very noisy due to the low "stuffing".
8: TOO DAMN LIGHT!!! God damnit, I was drivnig home last weekend, and it was a little storm outside. Holy shit, just trying to have the car on the road was a nightmare. Since it's so high and little weighter too, the wind really did take my car and throwed it around.
9: I never get laid driving around with it

Quote from Bose321 :I vote for rallypack brown.

I'm sold!
Quote :4: There is no fuel warning lamp, you have to guess when low is too low

same with my car... ('93 ford mondeo) and thats a limousine
luckily i dont have the other downsides >_<

...well except 9
Quote from The Very End :
1-9

10: Need to put a bag on head everytime you drive it
The windows are so damned dirty you can't look who's sitting inside the car
Quote from The Very End :Lol!

Well, it's not cool, it's not even good, but it gets me from A to B so I canot complain.

Also, it uses like 0 fuel. Last time I did fill it up from "Emty" to "Full", it tok 28 liters of fuel. I drove +- 300 km and still I got like around a half tank of fuel left...
It's also very reliant, I yet have to encounter a engine failure, missfire or anything like that.

1: It has not acceleration or power. Having passengers is a nightmare as the acceleration is greatly reduced.
2: As above, when driving up a hill I have to take the 2/3 gear and go REALLY high on the gear to get any kind of power. 3th gear and 60+ kmh does not sound right.
3: There is no RPM indication
4: There is no fuel warning lamp, you have to guess when low is too low
5: It's ridicilous to corner with. The center of gravity is so high, that taking corners does hurt for you passengers if not done very slow - or if the passengers is glued to the seat.
6: No safety.
7: As above, the car is very light and thin. Not only does this drastically affects the safety, it also is very noisy due to the low "stuffing".
8: TOO DAMN LIGHT!!! God damnit, I was drivnig home last weekend, and it was a little storm outside. Holy shit, just trying to have the car on the road was a nightmare. Since it's so high and little weighter too, the wind really did take my car and throwed it around.
9: I never get laid driving around with it

That could be applied to my first car, a red '99 Daewoo Matiz. 11 trouble-free years of driving. All points fit, except the 4) and the 9).
It had a light that went on when the car thought it had almost no more fuel (but that was completely random, from 1/4 of the tank to two sips of petrol. But that could take you almost everywhere. Slowly, but very far.).
And I actually got laid in there, more than once. Soft seats, high roof, reclinable seats... Nobody complained. So don't lose faith.

It actually was my mother's, so when she bought a Fiesta like mine we scrapped it. At Ford they took off 6000€ (5200£/8000$) from the price of the new car, because we were buying the LPG model. When we bought it, we paied it just less than 10000€ (18.500.000 lire, that was), and more than 10 years later we get 60% of that back. Ain't that nice?
it's good to have a shitty first car, makes you treasure it more when you have a nicer one.
Quote from freddyalek90 :That could be applied to my first car, a red '99 Daewoo Matiz. 11 trouble-free years of driving. All points fit, except the 4) and the 9).
It had a light that went on when the car thought it had almost no more fuel (but that was completely random, from 1/4 of the tank to two sips of petrol. But that could take you almost everywhere. Slowly, but very far.).
And I actually got laid in there, more than once. Soft seats, high roof, reclinable seats... Nobody complained. So don't lose faith.

It actually was my mother's, so when she bought a Fiesta like mine we scrapped it. At Ford they took off 6000€ (5200£/8000$) from the price of the new car, because we were buying the LPG model. When we bought it, we paied it just less than 10000€ (18.500.000 lire, that was), and more than 10 years later we get 60% of that back. Ain't that nice?

Lol!
True story here is that it's actually my mothers car. She bought a new one, and we made an agreement that if I payed the service and reperation of it, I could have it. It was really not that much money so it was a good deal.

And as you say, the car... well it gets you around. It's reliable. It's ugly as ****, it sucks on various levels, but it gets you around - and cheap too. So, maybe it's my little Anal Prime, who knows?

And the laid part, you gotta teach me master!
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG