The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Homeless_Drunk :lmao, and he sure saved a lot of weight gutting the interior...is the instructor going to sit on the floor when you eventually go to the track?

Why would he need an instructor?
Quote from tristancliffe :Why would he need an instructor?

They just don't throw you on the track with other cars by yourself when it's your first time out...most track day events require a ride along instructor for novice/first time drivers...
I guess that's an American excess-litigation thing then. In the UK you just drive round. You can get tuition, but most people don't bother.

But I suppose that means the UK will have stupid rules like this in a few years when the trend moves across the Atlantic.
yep first timers have to have instructor for at least a few laps or a session.i only had for 2 laps,he said your good,take it to the limits
and there was a women doin 30 mph on track,she got kicked out for a few session.but having an instructor always helps,i dont know how in EU they just let ppl drive on tracks.
Quote from e2mustang :i dont know how in EU they just let ppl drive on tracks.

They give a quick instructional session where they explain the rules and stuff. People pay attention, use common sense and are ready to drive their cars on the track. It's not rocket science...
Got a bit of snow last night, had lots of fun in the morning.
Attached images
IMG_0199.jpg
Quote from tristancliffe :I guess that's an American excess-litigation thing then. In the UK you just drive round. You can get tuition, but most people don't bother.

But I suppose that means the UK will have stupid rules like this in a few years when the trend moves across the Atlantic.

It only takes a few stupid people to ruin it for everyone else, unfortunately
Same here for trackdays, first with instructors/pace car.
Common sense still prevails in the UK. As said, a pre-session briefing is all you need. After that, you just drive around. They do try to split novice, intermediate and self-proclaimed "expert" drivers, and dangerous people are told to come in... but other than that you are on your own.
This is real. No imagination. Don't even think about it.

Well unless all the UK trackday sites are wrong, you have to follow a pace car for 3 laps. So you are still being instructed, just not directly with a person next to you.
Quote from azurdood :This is real. No imagination. Don't even think about it.

But it isn't yours.
Quote from Homeless_Drunk :It only takes a few stupid people to ruin it for everyone else, unfortunately

I'm sure all it took was for one person to lose their life during what was supposed to be a fun track day. Track owners can lose their liability insurance and be financially ruined too. I think hands on instruction should be required for every track you drive at regardless if you're an "expert" or not.
Personally I think every human being inside the track (i.e. within the grounds) loses all rights to accident cover, insurance etc. If you die or are injured in ANY way in the grounds then it's your fault. No ifs. No buts.

The ticket does say "motorsport is dangerous".
your right,but if some 1 thinks ` im pro,bro` causes an accident and some1 else dies,thats a different story. put it this way,this is usa,ppl cant drive.and anyway a lap or 2 with instructor or pace car wont do any bad.

Btw,i have recorded music today,i`ll upload it when i get home.Full fakin HD
Quote from jibber :I think i'll keep my comments to myself this time...

go ahead i think you cant tell him often enough how much of a plonker he is for completely ruining a perfectly good shopping trolley

Quote :EDIT: Just one question... is it my eyes or do you use zip ties to hold together the parts of the seatbelts that are too long for your setup (the lashes going back from the seat to the cage)? How's that gonna perform for your safety in a crash?

im guessing the metal bit just below the folded up belts is whats shortening them and the zip ties are just to stop the lengthy ends from flying around everywhere messing up his tidy lack of any interior
Pics of the mazda make me sad
It's starting to become a common here with those Mazdas. It seems they are becoming the new Honda Civic.
Quote from PMD9409 :Well unless all the UK trackday sites are wrong, you have to follow a pace car for 3 laps. So you are still being instructed, just not directly with a person next to you.

Not something I've ever heard of before (although I've not done one before I must admit).

They offer tuition, but it's not mandatory. But if you treat it as a race / drive like a knob, you probably will be black flagged.

EDIT - are you looking at a "proper" trackday, or one of the driving experiences? The latter will mandate an instructor because it's their car, not yours (and often it's not even theirs, it's rented from the owner).
Just searched "UK track days" on google, but it seems to vary from site to site. Some have "first track day" stuff, others have "pace laps", others have "cones", then we have some with all and some with nothing.

Obviously some sites could be more popular than others. If there was a place here that had no instructors involved etc it would be the most popular. People don't like "interference". Having someone that knows the track well ride around with you for 3 or so laps your first time out isn't exactly interference though, unless you are in denial of course.
Quote from Agniz :Lol, you really own a 518i? Never saw one of those in my life, can you post a engine-bay pic please? I can't imagine how that 4cyl 1.8 would look in a engine-bay of the e34.

Quote from hrtburnout :Mine has the M43B18 engine though. I'm glad it's not the M40. There's room enough for two of these engines.

This gives a better impression.
Quote from e2mustang :your right,but if some 1 thinks ` im pro,bro` causes an accident and some1 else dies,thats a different story. put it this way,this is usa,ppl cant drive.and anyway a lap or 2 with instructor or pace car wont do any bad.

Btw,i have recorded music today,i`ll upload it when i get home.Full fakin HD

There was an article kind of about this the other day on the truth about cars...

Here's the link: http://www.thetruthaboutcars.c ... -instructor-will-briefly/

Hay guys, do u think that it's a good idea if I buy a 1993 318i 4dr for 600$?
I know that there is a high risk of something breaking after a week or so, but I only plan to use it as a Sunday driver ( and the ocassional snowstorm fun ) since the insurance is not cheap for young male drivers..
you will be more than fine
Also, it has 220k on the clock... It comes with winter and summer tires, I think i should buy it
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG