The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Bean0 :You have to provide the ID of who you think was driving at the time, failing to provide the ID of the driver is another offence entirely.

You also have a type of camera which takes pics from the front, and also gets one of the driver in case of any disputes, I think they are the Truvelo type cameras.

Which is exactly my point. In the UK, you have to go through a lot of procedures to avoid getting points on your Licence if you weren't driving the car. You wouldn't have a hope in hell of avoiding points if you turned around to the prosicutors and said "I wasn't driving, so screw your points. Nar nar."
Quote from mrodgers :935 speed cameras in the database in the US....

14 in Florida, though none listed for Daytona Beach....

by "caught on" I mean prolific amounts of speed cameras. For instance there are 6000 speed cameras on 225,000 miles of roads in Britian, just as an example. There are about 1000 speed cameras in the US, on 4,000,000 miles of road.

UK: 1 camera every ~40 miles
US: 1 camera every 4000 miles
Netherlands: 1 every ~60 miles

I was extremely glad to see they are being outlawed in certain parts of germany and france as being solely for the profit of municipalities and because they have not decreased speeding or traffic safety in any way, shape, or form.
ye but we have cops here with radars like every mile on major roads like I 95 and 287,78 etc. so instead of getting a picture of ur plate and driver,u just get pulled right over and head to qourt a month later.
Quote from e2mustang :ye but we have cops here with radars like every mile on major roads like I 95 and 287,78 etc. so instead of getting a picture of ur plate and driver,u just get pulled right over and head to qourt a month later.

This past summer I drove from Pittsburgh to Orlando and home, then 2 months later from Pittsburgh to Ocean City, MD and home. 3000 miles total driven through 8 states in 2 trips. I saw a grand total of...... 2 cops during both of those trips combined.

Man, they are everywhere I tell you.
well whenever im on road theyr always there. maybe they just want to get me finally
Speed cameras are nothing but a cash cow and very inefficient at cutting accidents. Better road markings brings down the accident rate better than a speed camera, but good road markings don't generate millions of pounds for the central government each year, so as you can imagine, they aren't breaking their balls to use them.
I definately agree better road markings are much better than speed cameras, but then road users need to be educated on how to read them...for example you'd be surprised how many people realise there are actually 2 different "curvy road signs"

To be fair, in Swindon, I went on my bike along with my mate in his V6 Laguna and to be fair we were ragging it about a bit, there are no speed cameras in Swindon as they removed them all (and accident rates have NOT GONE UP), and instead they had undercover cars who pulled up next to me and said that I should slow down or get arrested...knee down round a roundabout infront a policeman, life target achieved lmao

But that's the thing, a policeman, or rather a trained and nice traffic officer in his Vectra or Insignia, (the knobs are the ones in Astras around here) these can understand that perhaps on a empty motorway why one was doing 120mph at 4am, or why you're doing 70mph down a national limit road which is wide enough for dual carridgeways in both directions.

Cameras operate under the effect that speed kills. No, it doesn'. Speed is a great thing, an amazing thing. It's the fact alot of people don't understand how to use speed safely, they don't understand that it's not OK to go through a sleepy little 30mph village at 60...or to take a completely blind, narrow corner sideways at 50..

Being a motorcyclist and speaking to bike coppers, most of them operate on the "common sense of safety" principle as oppposed to actual speed limits..most traffic cops do the same but then you have some arsey ones, but ain't life just a bunch of roses...
the speed kills thing is a load of crap. It is the g-forces of the sudden stop which crush your internal organs killing you.

On topic. I wish they would get rid of the speed cameras here.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Being a motorcyclist and speaking to bike coppers, most of them operate on the "common sense of safety" principle as oppposed to actual speed limits..most traffic cops do the same but then you have some arsey ones, but ain't life just a bunch of roses...

Russian cargo flights into Afghan run similar rules. No one will tell you to park it or buckle up. But when you fall over and break your neck it was your own dumb fault.

It has also been proven by studies that if a speed limit is felt to be pointless by road users, they are more likely to flout it. So this push by the idiots to get the national speed limit down to 50 is going to increase speeding. Which means more speed cameras snap more speeders and the gov't gets richer. So naturally they like the idea. Or at least Labour did, the Tories haven't specified their opinion on it yet.
Quote from XCNuse :I wish I had a job when I was in highschool.. my car would be awesome
actually I would be done with my car, and actually be saving for .. life..

@Sueycide
That'd be a horrible decision to buy that car; even in the images the car looks terrible, it says it has 160,000 miles but it looks to me it's got twice that easily; and I can promise you those aren't highway miles either.. the car is junk, it's been spray painted, it's all dented up.. $1k for that is already overpriced.. I'm sorry, but that thing is trash.. that is by no means a "project car"
Project cars are when you have a few 10k sitting around to fix up a non destroyed car to begin with, and already have something to get around in.. definitely not your primary transportation.

Thanks for advice. Actually been having second thoughts on it lately. My real dream car is a S13 Vert in which there was a red one for sale in virginia not too far from here, but it went off the map a week ago, so i'm guessing it's sold
I've been working on it slowly all summer and on boxing day we had family over for dinner and they finished it up for me and surprised me at home with it. Only had it for 3 days and already over 250 kms on it.

Quote from Luke.S :the speed kills thing is a load of crap. It is the g-forces of the sudden stop which crush your internal organs killing you.

On topic. I wish they would get rid of the speed cameras here.

Get your own jokes instead of using Clarksons lol
Quote from BlueFlame :Get your own jokes instead of using Clarksons lol

you think clarkson made that joke?

lmfao
Quote from Klutch :you think clarkson made that joke?

lmfao

Well whatever, it's a bloody old joke, it's not even funny. Though, I don't really think it ever was.

Goin' up in the world.
Wheels just arrived. Yes I allready removed the gay fake nuts

Nice wheels!
Quote from Scrabby :Wheels just arrived. Yes I allready removed the gay fake nuts

What make are they? they are pretty neat for cheapo fake splits.
DZ-Exclusive (DZ-1)
They where 225€ per wheel. 16x9 et15
Threw a CEL the other day, didn't think much of it, got to hardware store, popped hood.. could see the butterfly valve on the throttle body, and SRI was just hanging there by the MAF sensor.. ugh!

Bad day.

also managed to ruin a badge! bad weekend.

got the mazda badge painted white, but utterly managed to warp and ruin the flying M so it's got pins in there for now.
Why's it gotta be new years and everyone takes time off?!

the flying m badge looks fkn retarded anyway
Quote from Klutch :the flying m badge looks fkn retarded anyway

Is that your attempt at constructive critisism?
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG