The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Ohh, ok. I stand correct Niall. (Even though they're from DIFFERENT MODELS IDIOT )

For someone who was too busy to cyber with Danny and myself on MSN you're sure as hell making alot of posts.

You mis-spelt, Crapi, again
How do you work out they are from different models fool.

I am busy, in the way I am about to leave .

& I mis-spelt it on purpose...again.
Uhm, the links you gave me.

The 318 engine is from 1989 - 1995.

The more powerful 318 engine is from 1995- till the end of the E46 3 series I'd guess.
The E36 was made from 1991 to 1999.

The 318i (Engine code: M40) was used in the E30 and the early E36.
The 318i (Engine code: M43) was used in the late E36/E34(5 series)/Z3.

The 318is (Engine code: M40) was used in the E30 and early E36. It was a 1.8.
The 318is (Engine code: M44) was used in the late E36 and Z3.

I have the M43 316i engine which has 102bhp and I will be getting the M44 318is engine which has 138bhp.
I meant the engine being used in the E46 3 series, not the car you muppet :P

(Like, it was used in the later E36 and E46 models)

From your wiki pages :
Quote :Manufacturer BMW
Production 1987–1995
Predecessor BMW M10
Successor BMW M43
Class SOHC Straight-4
Engine(s) 1.6 L (1596 cc/97 in³)
1.8 L (1796 cc/109 in³)
Related BMW M42

Quote :Manufacturer BMW
Production 1996–
Predecessor BMW M42
Successor BMW N42
Class DOHC Straight-4
Related BMW M43

I'll go back to masturbing over two-stroke engines and leave this one alone...
yea, you go back to your 2 wheeled fun. Leave the cars for the bigger boys.
Real men ride a bike

Ok *runs from thread*

You bavarian basket weaver!!
Quote from The General Lee :I would rather have a coupe Jack. I also want to put the 318is (s = Sport) engine in it, which is a 1.9 16v engine producing 140bhp.

The Beemer I have now I had to have, I didn't really have much of a say as I bought it there and then, without looking at others. I would like to look and buy one that is perfect...for me.

I really want a 2.8 Capri Rob. I have been seriously looking at buying this one. But with no licence at the moment, I really can't justify it.

If I did get one, I would keep my 'Cockmobile' and if I go with Quinn Direct (which I will...) it entitles me to drive any car that is already insured. I will get my Mother to insure the Capri, I will pay her what ever it is, should only be a couple hundred quid, then use it as my play thing.

That capri doesnt look to great to be honest, by the looks of things its a new gearbox (thrust bearing most likely, but involves a whole rebuild to get to it) and a nice V6 rebuild due to the back pressure. http://www.capripower.co.uk/board/index.php?showtopic=11109 thats what you want this guy looks after his cars.

http://www.capripower.co.uk/board/index.php?showtopic=11134 id get that if i had the money, 3.0S looks gorgeous.

Or just get a 2.0, EFi it (from an old granada) then fit a nice cam and manifold and get near the 140bhp you want

http://www.capripower.co.uk/board/index.php?showtopic=11131 £1700! looks rather nice too.
Bleh. Maybe I won't go for that one then

Thanks for that Rob, the more I look, the more I want one!!

I have bookmarked the forum and will be taking a look regularly

We could even have a Capri meet
haha, i got a stand for the forum at a classic car show in 2 weeks time! You should find me on there (just add 100 to my username on here ) its a very handy site, just seen another 2.0s go up for sale on there though he doesnt have a price yet.

And yes, you do want one, you MUST have one
Quote from The General Lee :I would rather have a coupe Jack. I also want to put the 318is (s = Sport) engine in it, which is a 1.9 16v engine producing 140bhp.

The Beemer I have now I had to have, I didn't really have much of a say as I bought it there and then, without looking at others. I would like to look and buy one that is perfect...for me.

I really want a 2.8 Capri Rob. I have been seriously looking at buying this one. But with no licence at the moment, I really can't justify it.

If I did get one, I would keep my 'Cockmobile' and if I go with Quinn Direct (which I will...) it entitles me to drive any car that is already insured. I will get my Mother to insure the Capri, I will pay her what ever it is, should only be a couple hundred quid, then use it as my play thing.

Quinn are a horrible company, if you go with them, you better make sure you don't get into any scrapes or your car gets vandalised.
Just put an M52 into it.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Just put an M52 into it.

I'd rather put the S52 into it

I already found you on there mate. I saw Robt100 and though, "Ooooh, could be him..." I searched this thread for the pictures of your car and checked your registration...Jobs a good'n.

I really MUST have one. Since I posted here about the insurance, it's all I've been able to think about. Once I'm all licenced up, I will definitely buy one. Even if it is a £650 Taxed and Tested banger. But in time, I will definitely be shelling out around the £2,000 - £3,000 range to get a mint(ish) 2.8.

I registered on the site, just so I can see all the forums and stuff, my username is Looney28 - the 28 is a little soon, but hey ho.

Rob, do you have MSN so we don't spam this thread with Capri talk
How could you want to trade something German for a Ford?... Just because it's a bigger engine size? The BMW is faster anyway, not that it should matter when you stick to the speed limit.
Quote from BlueFlame :How could you want to trade something German for a Ford?... Just because it's a bigger engine size? The BMW is faster anyway, not that it should matter when you stick to the speed limit.

Oh god, stay outta this thread already!
Quote from The General Lee :I'd rather put the S52 into it

I already found you on there mate. I saw Robt100 and though, "Ooooh, could be him..." I searched this thread for the pictures of your car and checked your registration...Jobs a good'n.

I really MUST have one. Since I posted here about the insurance, it's all I've been able to think about. Once I'm all licenced up, I will definitely buy one. Even if it is a £650 Taxed and Tested banger. But in time, I will definitely be shelling out around the £2,000 - £3,000 range to get a mint(ish) 2.8.

I registered on the site, just so I can see all the forums and stuff, my username is Looney28 - the 28 is a little soon, but hey ho.

A Capri? :bigeyes2: Nonono, I'll find you a coupe BMW
Mine got a bit updated:
it now has white indicators on the sides, and custom (home made) front lights:

Quote from The General Lee :I'd rather put the S52 into it

this thread needs more capri talk! And blueflame, the capri is built in germany

that "banger" is actually getting to be quite a rare model, and the wheels are worth £200 id say! could probably get your money nearly back in parts then scrap the rest (yes i know, sacrilidge). if you do go for a mint 2.8, get the injection special, has a few extras that are worth a few bob
Quote from robt :this thread needs more capri talk! And blueflame, the capri is built in germany

that "banger" is actually getting to be quite a rare model, and the wheels are worth £200 id say! could probably get your money nearly back in parts then scrap the rest (yes i know, sacrilidge). if you do go for a mint 2.8, get the injection special, has a few extras that are worth a few bob

And Matchbox toys are made in China, but they are still English
Quote from BlueFlame :How could you want to trade something German for a Ford?...

If I was to do it, I would have both cars. BMW as a nice luxurious drive with all the mods cons, IE..Air con, Power steering, ABS, traction control. But the Capri would be there for when I wanted to drive a car, rather than be driven...So, the Capri would be a weekend car for B road blasts and of course a lot more.

Töki - Read my other post mate, I'm after a BMW coupe now, the Capri is a play thing for the future.

Rob - I agree..Capri talk it is What is so rare about the 'banger' the 2.0 Ghia-ness of it all... or the 4 speed? Or is it just the model of Capri altogether.
Niall likes menzorz!

Flippy, nice festa. Still looks to standard for me to go "OMG SEK C" but hey
its the fact its a 2.0 ghia. ghias as 3.0 models are quite rare, but ive only known of two people who have a 2.0 ghia! If you want to get even rarer try a capri cameo or cameo 2 or a gt4. though the smaller engined cars arent worth too much at the moment. getting there though! (n dont get the bmw coupe :P ) I use my capri as a daily driver, get 34-38 MPG on average (depeding how often i put my foot down to annoy the chavs ) so its not really THAT bad.
Quote from The General Lee :Töki - Read my other post mate, I'm after a BMW coupe now, the Capri is a play thing for the future.

Oh yeah, clear.
A Mk1 GTi would kick a Capri's ass on any road that wasn't orentated around speed.
I had this tank on the road for a while, but the rear suspension is no longer very good (too much drifting has knocked all the rear bushes out!) I loved the car, and hated the fuel economy (18 mpg on a good day) It still sits in my garden, with all the interior and stuff stripped out ready to go banger racing, i just need to build it now.
Attached images
my_240.JPG
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG